Computers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hey Salaris. I'm so sorry I didn't answer your PM about the matter. I am composing a reply at present! Just to let you know. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:46 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I know you guys are PC users, but if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

In Garageband, in this one file/song, it is only playing what is happening a bar later. So if I'm press play at the beginning, it will look like it's playing from the beginning, but it will start at bar two. I'm writing in 3/4 so I thought it might be because of the time sig, so I changed to 4/4 and still had the same problem. I've restarted Garageband, to no avail. I know that there's an update, but I've been putting it off, so I'm checking now, but it's taking a while.

TIA

Edit: There's no software update.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I too have a question that maybe someone can answer:

I'm looking into doing some audio recording (a podcast pilot). I have a Windows Vista laptop that I would use. Is there any software (ideally free, without spam) that I should use for recording and editing?

Thanks!
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Audacity for editing, most definitely. No question, that is an amazing program. Also free, so that's a big plus. Smile

Audacity does a great job of recording, as well, but it will only record your side of the podcast. If you're podcasting with someone else via Skype or anything else, Audacity can't pick up their end of the conversation. In such case, you would need a mixer. And from there...my expertise is fairly null. So maybe someone else can provide details on that bit. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Audacity is good but if you're willing to part with a little bit of cash, (around 70/$100) go for Mixcraft Pro Studio 5. Much cheaper than Pro Tools and although it's not as extensive with the virtual instruments, it's still a very good program.
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote  

So my dad finally got his old desktop connected to the internet. The thing is it is still using the XP service pack 1 that was installed when it was made back in 2002 or thereabouts.

Naturally all programs are designed to only work with the latest XP service pack which has given him minor problems since his adobe reader can't be updated and for one reason or another won't open PDFs made with a more recent version of Adobe.

Anyway it doesn't seem to automatically update and it doesn't seem to want to download any updates from the microsoft website so I can install them manually (to be fair though the only updates I've found were for IT people installing the update on multiple computers and the website directs me to use the auto update function for a single computer).

Is there anything I can do to either force it to auto update or download a service pack for manual installation on a single computer?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I take it the Windows OS is activated yes?

Edit- download this onto it and try it then- http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&displaylang=en&id=419
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Anyone know where I can upload audio onto the Internet? Like YouTube but audio. And I don't want some where I upload it and it's legally their property.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DannikJerriko wrote:
Anyone know where I can upload audio onto the Internet? Like YouTube but audio. And I don't want some where I upload it and it's legally their property.

http://soundcloud.com/

You'd have to consult the site on whether it becomes their property. I do know they respect copyright rules.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Thanks, that looks great.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If you just want to get something out there, you could put the audio on youtube, with a still image as the video part.

Like, an album cover or whatever.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:29 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Yeah, I thought about that, but I think this website lets you download the audio. (Does it? I'm trying to find out now)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote  

Luke92 wrote:

Edit- download this onto it and try it then- http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&displaylang=en&id=419

thanks! I don't know how it did it exactly but the computer was finally able to update after running that. Over the past few days it has slowly been catching up on the 10 sum years of updates it missed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Luke92 wrote:

thanks! I don't know how it did it exactly but the computer was finally able to update after running that. Over the past few days it has slowly been catching up on the 10 sum years of updates it missed.

No problem. And yeah, that's gonna take a little while...
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

My Mac's being weird. When I mouse over a tab in Safari, the little cross doesn't come up, when I double-tap the Magic Mouse to zoom in on a web page, I can't zoom out. Also, when using the forums, I tend to go onto the "posts since your last visit", click the thread, read the posts, the swipe back to the "posts since your last visit," so that I don't have to go via the Index. But now, whenever I swipe back, none of the links work. They don't highlight yellow, but the mouse does turn into the hand for when it's something clickable, but nothing happens when I click.

Any suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 7 of 10