Should there be another Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:18 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Cerrinea wrote:

And really you guys are just getting way too negative. In fact I'm seeing too much negativity in general on EUC. I'm going to have to get out my rubber bat of positivity and start swinging.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised. In my opinion, Season 4 produced the most high quality episodes out of any season. The writing was better, the character development was better, the animation and sound was outstanding. And yet, there suddenly seems to be a larger portion of fans calling for an end to the show than there was after Season 3. Why? Is it just because of Maul?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been really enjoying TCW lately, and am glad it is continuing. I would love it to last a long time.

Regarding the timing arguments: each episode takes place over incredibly short durations. One or two days per episode, tops (on average, mayhap 4 days over the course of a 3-episode arc?). The series takes place over three years, with 88 episodes (we'll say 92 because of the movie). So at worst the entire TCW series thus far is about 180 days. That's half a year.

Plus, there's no reason why certain episodes couldn't overlap.

My main thing is that they should give a coherent timeline of all episodes and how they tie into the books and comics, going back to 2002. Everything fits, the order is key. I'm working on my Journey Through the Clone Wars elsewhere on the forum, and it works thus far.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Old Master Ben wrote:
Cerrinea wrote:

And really you guys are just getting way too negative. In fact I'm seeing too much negativity in general on EUC. I'm going to have to get out my rubber bat of positivity and start swinging.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised. In my opinion, Season 4 produced the most high quality episodes out of any season. The writing was better, the character development was better, the animation and sound was outstanding. And yet, there suddenly seems to be a larger portion of fans calling for an end to the show than there was after Season 3. Why? Is it just because of Maul?

Mainly it is the continuity b/t TCW, the books/comics, movies. But, yeah Maul is a part of it.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

At this point its another inevitable mess for continuity. It bothers me, and yes I've been negative about the EU lately. I found large parts of Apocalypse frustrating and impractical, TCW will interest me and then all the sudden do something insanely impractical (you can like the episodes, but Maul surviving is still forced. I liked the episodes, but its still a stupid idea), but that's all my complaints. I loved Plagueis (which there has been a ton of negativity towards) and I'm looking forward to Scourge as well as Mercy Kill and I just think that SW can do better than it has. TCW is a cash cow that is semi-entertaining, but I don't take it any sort of seriously and up until recently that's been easy to ignore in continuity, but now to force it in the EU novels are making references to it that sometimes work and sometimes do not.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ Yes. I'm in a Star Wars rut right now. Darth Plagueis, one of the most hotly anticipated EU books ever, was a total let down for me, Darth Maul's return was an embarassment, Mortis really screwed up things, and Apocalypse made things even worse.

However, I'm actually really excited about the future of EU novels, having less EPIC plotlines and consisting of stand-alones or trilogies. It should be good. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
^ Yes. I'm in a Star Wars rut right now. Darth Plagueis, one of the most hotly anticipated EU books ever, was a total let down for me, Darth Maul's return was an embarassment, Mortis really screwed up things, and Apocalypse made things even worse.

However, I'm actually really excited about the future of EU novels, having less EPIC plotlines and consisting of stand-alones or trilogies. It should be good. Smile

Exactly. A lot has been done recently that some of us just don't like, and Maul was one of them. Mortis I'm still on the fence over, but with all this AND such huge continuity issues (the Dave Filioni interview was a joke, it was basically a nice way of saying Lucas doesn't care about who puts in work on stories, he'll do what he wants and we can all suck it) it just bothers me. Those who would say I'm being negative are right, I am right now. They've given me a lot to be negative about.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Have the vague rumors of a Season 6 been confirmed, or is it still just talk?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:15 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Alan Skywalker V wrote:
Have the vague rumors of a Season 6 been confirmed, or is it still just talk?

I think it's just fan rumors. Maybe we will here something at CVI.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, Season 5 hasn't been marketed as "The Epic Conclusion" so far, so I suspect there will be at least another season.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It'll go till its no longer making George Lucas TONS of money, only moderate money. Then he'll go back and re-release it with new stuff that doesn't make tons of sense as "Special Edition" seasons. About 20 years from now we'll be on our 5th or 6th version of the show and it'll have been running the same few seasons for a couple decades.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow. So cynical. Wink

The sad part is, you're probably right. Sad

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Eh, just going off his past behavior. I'm waiting for this season with slight anticipation, but at this point the show has been inconsistent, full of obnoxious characters like Ziro and Jar Jar, the show has followed non-linear timelines at points (simply to make excuses so when the show runs longer than the actual war he can say some stuff is happening congruently) and its done ridiculous things like Mortis or bringing back Maul. The show is basically an aborted good idea, because a good show could have been excellent to see and it still has its moments but between Mandalorians who have been drained of all BA-ery and the return of a man who was severed at the lungs its been a mixed bag at best. The good episodes are outshined by just how bad the obnoxious ones are. But its a cash cow and Lucas isn't an artist, he's a businessman. Even all interviews with Filioni and such confirm that they do whatever Lucas tells them and that they're frustrated by it sometimes. You can tell how insincere they are when they talk about how awesome it was to bring back Maul or take comic storylines and break them down to easy, disjointed versions of themselves for the show. Its sad because I don't even think the people in charge under Lucas are enjoying it much anymore. But it'll go on and on and on till Lucas decides he's made enough money. So it'll never end...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote  

In Star Wars Insider #134, Dave Filoni mentioned that they are working on Season 6.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I think that the show has certainly matured over the 4 seasons, I was certainly enjoying episodes on a more regular basis last season. That said I do feel that it is coming to the end of it's shelf life. If I called the shots season 5 would be the last, however with no sign of them tying up any lose ends this season, the best I can hope for is for season 6 to do this.

On a cynical level I do believe that Lucasfilm would have to have a replacement TV show in the pipeline before they even considered ending The Clone Wars. They need to keep the public interested in Star Wars, and they can't do that without a presence on either the big or small screen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 2