New Jedi Order Appreciation Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Traitor is definitely my favorite in NJO, followed by Star by Star.

No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I dont give a damn. None shall pass.

Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. Its what you stay true to that counts.

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
Traitor is definitely my favorite in NJO, followed by Star by Star.

That seems to be the trend. I love Traitor but I can't choose a second.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Im about 75% into traitor and it is an awesome read so far
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

ok so ive just finished traitor and my god it was a good read, awesome book. Bit gutted with what happens at the end though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth-Weeto wrote:
ok so ive just finished traitor and my god it was a good read, awesome book. Bit gutted with what happens at the end though.

Hardcore right?

I'm re-reading Star by Star and though I'm only 136 pages in I'm already starting to feel the dread build up because I know what's coming. Its a well written novel and I still think its Denning's best in the SW universe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:42 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ most definately hardcore,amazing book and very well written. Cant believe the end though about ganner.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth-Weeto wrote:
^ most definately hardcore,amazing book and very well written. Cant believe the end though about ganner.

That ending was one of the best scenes in the EU to me, and it was hard to pick a favorite from that book.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have to say, that with the exception of Ganner's death, Traitor never did much for me when I read it. I enjoyed several books in the series more than that. I've been planning to re-read the series for a while and will get to it eventually, but on the whole, I've always found Traitor a little over-rated as an individual book. Its very important for launching the Jacen character arc that went through all the books subsequent, but on its own it was only slightly better than average IMHO.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I never really thought i'd enjoy it as the whole book consists of about 5 characters but i thought it was an amazing read, and i have to agree wiv caedus about the end of the book,i was on the edge of my seat reading it, such a good book. I think overall though my favourites in the series are enemy lines and the book wiv anakin solo fighting alongside vua raapung, i cant remember wot the books called.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Been reading the Invasion comics to take a break because the novels are wearing me out and I needed to break pace and still stay within the era. I love the comic and have enjoyed it but its kind of inconsistent with how Luke behaves within the timeline. This is supposed to be between Dark Tide and Agents of Chaos or something like that, but it was early in the war and right now it shows him battling Vong and searching them out. Kinda...kinda not right for that point in the story.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Double post time unfortunately.

But happy double post! I'm nigh on finished with Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream and I'm loving it so much more this time around. Allston never fails to give me a laugh or work in comedic timing that the Star Wars universe needs to balance out the grim situation of the war. Jag gets to be a more interesting character here to, and I'm pleased with that.I also forgot how much time it took to insert the strike team onto Coruscant and its making me antsy because I remember enjoying that part of the duology.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Speaking of Enemy Lines, I'm really disappointed that the idea of the Insiders that was created in those books never went anywhere. That had so much promise by was only mentioned once in passing afterwards.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Werehunter wrote:
Speaking of Enemy Lines, I'm really disappointed that the idea of the Insiders that was created in those books never went anywhere. That had so much promise by was only mentioned once in passing afterwards.

Oh ya, that was thrown out and it was obvious that it was something put in that other authors forgot about.

Just finished Traitor and the first chapter of Destiny's Way and I'd forgotten how much I used to love Jacen's character in this era. LotF ruined him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

How do people feel about Dark Journey? Admittedly, I don't remember it. Everyone talks about Traitor, but you don't hear much about this book which is kind of Jaina's Traitor.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

If I'm remembering the book correctly (always a possibility, especially given the fact that the end half of NJO kind of melds together, for me), I wasn't a fan of it. Before I got into the EU, I had spent some time on The Wook, so I knew a fair few things already. Jacen turning, Chewie dying, Anakin dying, Ben being born, Luke turning - and Jaina turning. The Wook page made it seem to be this whole big thing. When I was nearly finished with Dark Journey, I thought to myself, 'wait ... was that it?' I couldn't believe that all that hullaballoo on her page was over a half-hearted misstep. I simply couldn't understand it when Jaina and Kyp had that conversation about turning away from the dark, and rededicating themselves to the light - over, to the way I read it, basically nothing.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 5 of 8