Expanding the EU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:56 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

SidiousThrawn wrote:
darthrevan1 wrote:
SidiousThrawn wrote:
darthrevan1 wrote:
I dont know if this has been mentioned but I would like a story set in Chiss space centering on the Chiss. They are an interesting group. Ever since the Thrawn trilogy abd the Hand Of Thrawn duology I have wanted to know more about them.

Maybe its a bit boring.

Another vote for the Chiss!!! No it would not be boring. Well, not to me anyway. Very Happy

Nice one. I just loved that fort in Hand Of Thrawn. So eerie wasnt it when Luke and Mara were investigating it.

It was a cool place. I loved all the traps that Thrawn used to protect his clone.

I forgot about that Laughing I loved Vision of the Future. Its one of my all time favourite books.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'd like to see a novel that focuses on Parck & Thrawn exploring the unknown regions.

We have a short story but a not a novel.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I think that there's at least an easy trilogy to do about Thrawn's time in the Unknown regions between when he defeated Zarrin and returned for his campaign against the NR.

Also, there's space for at least the same for what happened to the Empire of the Hand after Thrawn left.

What exactly happened to them after the fortress was destroyed? And how did Fel move from the EotH to the Chiss Asscendency? That's never been addressed in the slightest and has always left me very confused.

Did the Chiss anex it? does it still exist? A lot of unanswered questions.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth_Henning wrote:
I think that there's at least an easy trilogy to do about Thrawn's time in the Unknown regions between when he defeated Zarrin and returned for his campaign against the NR.

Also, there's space for at least the same for what happened to the Empire of the Hand after Thrawn left.

What exactly happened to them after the fortress was destroyed? And how did Fel move from the EotH to the Chiss Asscendency? That's never been addressed in the slightest and has always left me very confused.

Did the Chiss anex it? does it still exist? A lot of unanswered questions.

It was my understanding from reading Wookiepedia that the Chiss annexed it. I know that several Chiss Military Academies were established to teach the "Thrawn Doctrine".

Personally, I don't believe the real Thrawn was killed. He knew that the Noghri were not acting correctly like they had in the past. He made a comment about that to Pellaeon in The Last Command. It would have been sloppy of him to not have watched his back. I believe a clone or a stand in
was. I think he helped the Chiss to defeat the Vong since, the Vong did not take over any Chiss territory like they did the NR. Also, I feel he helped the Chiss defeat the Vagaari.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

SidiousThrawn wrote:

It was my understanding from reading Wookiepedia that the Chiss annexed it. I know that several Chiss Military Academies were established to teach the "Thrawn Doctrine".

I need to check the exact points referenced there, but it seems that it just...disappeared. There has to be more of an explaination than that. I'd be curious to know exactly what happened. Different sources suggest that parts were absorbed by the Chiss, THe Imperial Remnant and others survived, while yet others disbanded.

Whatever happened requires some sort of explaination I would think.

SidiousThrawn wrote:
Personally, I don't believe the real Thrawn was killed. He knew that the Noghri were not acting correctly like they had in the past. He made a comment about that to Pellaeon in The Last Command. It would have been sloppy of him to not have watched his back. I believe a clone or a stand in
was. I think he helped the Chiss to defeat the Vong since, the Vong did not take over any Chiss territory like they did the NR. Also, I feel he helped the Chiss defeat the Vagaari.

I'm pretty sure if that was the plan, that Zhan and the others wouldn't have waited 20 years to bring that storyline to light.

Also, the Chiss defeated the Vong because they only sent a small force, and were attacking very far away from their invasion corridor. Sort of like how the Empire survived the first 3 years of the invasion basically unscathed. They simply weren't yet a target.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

After thinking about, I was a Lowie book. If he's not able to be used because of Lucas's mandate about Wookie Jedi, then convince him to let them do one book that explains why he's a Jedi when no other Wookies are and to give him a solid farewell scene.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Werehunter wrote:
After thinking about, I was a Lowie book. If he's not able to be used because of Lucas's mandate about Wookie Jedi, then convince him to let them do one book that explains why he's a Jedi when no other Wookies are and to give him a solid farewell scene.

I have never seen the slightest evidence from any official source on this "no Wookiee jedi" mandate that fans often quote. From my understanding from things Sue mentioned back when TOS had forums, that was specifically in reference ot the Clone Wars only because it wouldn't make sense for Yoda to defend Kashyyyk if there were Wookiee Jedi to do it.

I don't think there's the slightest issue in other eras.

Unless someone can provide a source??

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Also, there are Force sensitive Wookies in DOTJ.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:07 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth_Henning wrote:
SidiousThrawn wrote:

I need to check the exact points referenced there, but it seems that it just...disappeared. There has to be more of an explaination than that. I'd be curious to know exactly what happened. Different sources suggest that parts were absorbed by the Chiss, THe Imperial Remnant and others survived, while yet others disbanded.

Whatever happened requires some sort of explaination I would think.

SidiousThrawn wrote:

I'm pretty sure if that was the plan, that Zhan and the others wouldn't have waited 20 years to bring that storyline to light.

Also, the Chiss defeated the Vong because they only sent a small force, and were attacking very far away from their invasion corridor. Sort of like how the Empire survived the first 3 years of the invasion basically unscathed. They simply weren't yet a target.

I know, it's just wishful thinking on my part. Just like, I wish Mara, Pellaeon, and Chewie were still around.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth_Henning wrote:
Werehunter wrote:

I have never seen the slightest evidence from any official source on this "no Wookiee jedi" mandate that fans often quote. From my understanding from things Sue mentioned back when TOS had forums, that was specifically in reference ot the Clone Wars only because it wouldn't make sense for Yoda to defend Kashyyyk if there were Wookiee Jedi to do it.

If that's true, then I just want a Lowie book. Screw him dying. He's too good of a character to keep him on the outskirts. He's also one of the few young Jedi that I think would be great on the Council.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Werehunter wrote:
Darth_Henning wrote:
Werehunter wrote:

If that's true, then I just want a Lowie book. Screw him dying. He's too good of a character to keep him on the outskirts. He's also one of the few young Jedi that I think would be great on the Council.

I wouldn't mind him getting more time in the books/comics/etc.

The only references I've ever been able to find to the "wookiee ban" are various forum threads at different sites. None of which ever have a VIP comment in them either confirming the ban or denying it.

I wish there was some way to get official confirmation on it, but no one ever thought to ask Sue on TOS when it was still up, or she never answered. (that I saw at any rate)

If someone could find a link I'd love to see it.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Another character I'd like to see get some focus is Tekli. I've always found her to be an interesting character. A story, even a short story, about her dealing with some sort of artificial plague on some world would be extremely interesting to me.

And I thought of another type of book I'd like to see. We have a number of books dealing with pilots during the Rebellion. Let's have one with the Rebellion's Commandos. We have Page and his boys and I believe a few others were mentioned from time to time as well.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:07 am Reply with quote  

I'd be onboard with a Tekli book. I have a fondness for small aliens. Maybe a Tekli/Lowie novel? Unless Tekli is ready to start training someone.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:27 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Considering Tekli has been a Jedi Knight for about as long as Luke's original students were when they were shown training others, I think she's likely ready. The idea of Tekli being master to someone of a giant species does work rather humorously in my mind.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I think Werehunter's idea would be awesome! I could get onboard with a X-Wing style series about the alliance commandos during the classic New Republic era. Especially due to the fact they are so often mentioned but so little explored.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 6 of 10