Whose Death do you want to see?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whose Death do you want to see?
 PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

This was partially inspired by another thread where Mara's death was mentioned.

Now I'm not talking about character you hate and want to get rid of. But what characters do you love and would like to see how they go out. With the violent lives many of these characters live, most of them are likely to have violent deaths. Very few are going to live long enough to die of old age as Yoda did. The majority will go out shooting.

So which character's would you like to see go and how would you do it?

To start it off, I'd like to see Corran Horn's death. As a starfighter ace, something that has been downplayed too much lately, and a Jedi Master, I would love to see his final battle combine the two.

Another would be Gavin Darklighter's death. Though he's played a relatively small role in the latest books, he has risen further than any other Rouge Squadron member. As such, he should have a pretty memorable death. Likely in a large scale battle he's commanding.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Han Solo. I want him to go down in glorious battle. Ideally sacrificing himself (in the Millennium Falcon, his noble steed) to save either Jaina or Allana. It would be nice if Leia were with him at the end.

Solo still plays the scoundrel, but a noble sacrifice is due.

It should also be something big. It took a moon falling on a planet to kill Chewbacca; something similar in scale needs to take out Han Solo.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sort of like taking out a planet with the Falcon somehow?

I wanna see Luke die. I've grown kind of tired of him honestly, and his death could be the push that makes Ben the central character and allows Han and Leia to fade into the background.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

A character I like?

Leia & Daala (I like them both). A battle between Leia and Daala. One on one no holds barred. Daala hunted Solo and Leia helped kill Tarkin. So each has personal reasons to not like the other.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think Leia and Han need to go out together. It would be unbearable to see one grow old without the other. Sad

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote  

I want to see Boba Fett die. A character like that is going to go out in a blaze of glory. There's plenty of room for internal monolog and reflection. I'd love to see his end written out, once and for all.

Most of the of the other characters I like, I don't really have any urge to read their deaths.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Abeloth, she's been around stirring up trouble long enough.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'd like to see Luke's death, but not in battle. An 80 year old geezer dying in battle is something that I don't want to see. He'd have to die of some illness and we could see him passing on his wisdom to Ben like Yoda did to him. That would be good.

I don't want to see Han and Leia die. I'd like them to retire peacefully and pass on privately.

Everyone else is fair game except Jaina cuz you can't kill off all the solo kids, that's just cruel.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
I'd like to see Luke's death, but not in battle. An 80 year old geezer dying in battle is something that I don't want to see. He'd have to die of some illness and we could see him passing on his wisdom to Ben like Yoda did to him. That would be good.

I don't want to see Han and Leia die. I'd like them to retire peacefully and pass on privately.

Everyone else is fair game except Jaina cuz you can't kill off all the solo kids, that's just cruel.

I don't think we'll see Luke die. Besides I always thought of Yoda's comment, about Luke being 900 yrs old in ROTJ, as foreshadowing that Luke will live a long, long time.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Shocked what? Is that a joke?

I think Yoda said that he himself was 900 years old. 'When 900 years old you are' doesn't mean that Luke will be 900.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

The line was 'when 900 years old you make, look as good you will not'. I got the impression that it was less prophetic and more defensive.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

"Yeah, well, when my age you were, look as good, you did not."

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

lol that's probably true. I mean based on the little that we know of Yoda's species, he really did look pretty good for 900 years old. 900 year old Luke probably not so much, as he didn't look that good around age 35 or so. haha. Sorry Mark.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Luke, Leia, and Han, preferably together, it's not that I'm tired of them, it's just they've been through it out, they should go out with a bang at this point, but it has to be perfect and fitting.

Same with Boba, not sure about Lando, he's getting old too.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Honestly, I've rarely enjoyed Lando as a character. He can be good for comic relief, but he doesn't have the emotional depth to show up as much as he does.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 2