Upcoming Movie Releases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote  

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
A bit different than the first one with more emphasis on folklore/fantasy but with a lot of the enjoyable humor and action one would expect. And I loved all the new creatures/monsters. Example: tooth fairies and trolls = awesome!

I give this one 4 out 5 stars for fun/humor/and action

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote  

Hancock
Will Smith continues his success streak with yet another great movie. Half comedy, half action, with a bit of a twist and drama and you have a fun, imaginative block buster with some memorable laughs.

I give it 5 out of 5 stars for having a good mix of comedy and drama with few, if any, faults.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

How come no one has mentioned 'Tropic Thunder'???...thats one comedy I reaaally liked=D

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote  

Haven't seen it yet, but I kick myself everyday I put it off. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I hate to be ignorant of such things, but I haven't even heard of Tropic Thunder. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:00 pm Reply with quote  

Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr., actors filming war movie in jungle turns into real thing...

And if that doesn't ring bells...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This movie was hilarious!! I've seen it a couple times and laughed histerically the entire time. There are some parts where I think they cross their line but they then explain why it's wrong to cross that line and I liked that. Definitely recommend it!

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

LoL---At first when I saw the trailer I was like Robert Downey Jr plays a black guy and I was all no way is he gonna pull that off..... Wink but he pulls it off sooo well....U reaally shud see it.......
___________________________________--

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quote  

Appaloosa
Saw this yesterday. GREAT MOVIE. Classic western. Ed Harris not only does a great job in front of the camera, but behind it as well. As his directorial debut, he does an outstanding job of keeping the western genre alive. Viggo Mortensen comes in as the supporting/lead role that perfectly complement Harris. The two of them play of each others' characters splendidly with great believability. They truly come off as a pair of friends that have been around each other for a long time. Renee Zellwiger's part serves as a catalyst of its own, further driving the main characters and story along for some twists and turns. Jeremy Irons does a stand up job as the movies protagonist. Not only does he kick the movie off and carry it along, but he also provides the final nail in the coffin. Plus Lance Henriksen (Bishop from Aliens) makes an appearance and provides for one of my favorite scenes in the whole movie.

Altogether this movie delivers top notch characters with elements that hark back to the classics and new elements we've not yet seen in the genre. Overall it stands up with the best of them. It's not quite as action packed as 3:10 to Yuma (with Christian Bale and Russel Crowe), and does a better job of carry the action throughout than say Kevin Costner's Open Range (which delayed the action till the end), but it's characters are definitely on par with those of say Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven. Ultimately if you like westerns, you'll want to see this movie, if you're a fan of Harris, Mortensen, or Irons, you won't want to miss it either.

5/5 stars

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 7 of 7