Skyrim
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
I'm having some trouble getting the achievement for restoring the thieves guild. I've done all five quest and the special quest for each city, and I thought that was all there is to it. Do I have to have finished Darkness Returns? If so that sucks, because I got the glitch to do one of the subquests twice which makes it so that you can never finish it.

I don't really want to go back and do 30 thieves guild missions again on my other game. Sad

I'm sorry that happened. That can be really quite annoying. Yes, you do have to finish Darkness Returns. I don't know how you can fix that. The only thing I can think of - and probably won't work - is that you steal from another thief (and get caught doing so) or attack another member. You'll be removed from the guild, and it costs 1,000 Septims to rejoin - paid to Vex. I don't know if that'll work, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

DannikJerriko wrote:

Life, you've done the Dark Brotherhood, yes? Are there any really innocent people you have to kill?

I suppose it depends on how you define 'really innocent'. All the people you kill (save one, the first one) are by contract, so chances are they've wronged someone badly enough to warrant death. But there are kills that definitely feel wrong, that you won't want to do, so in that sense they are innocent (and I think there's one or two which really are innocent, and those murders are quite distasteful).

I will say, though, that the Dark Brotherhood questline is one of the better storylines in Skyrim, and if I hadn't already destroyed the Dark Brotherhood in this run-through I'd have probably done it again. Whether that can overcome personal squeamishness or not is up to the player.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:17 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

So far, Skyrim is much, much better than Oblivion. Sometimes in Skyrim I just wait until its night time, head up north, climb a mountain and just look at the scenery and Aurora Borealis (sp?), or just spend the day walking around the Rift (my favourite hold)

And you know the Blessing Stones in Skyrim? You don't get those; you choose one at the beginning of the game and that's it.

And I've closed my first Oblivion Gate. It's really weird; I've played about two hours, leveled up a bunch of skills and I'm still level one.

I would recommend buying Oblivion. The gameplay is so completely different, it's really worth buying; it's not like buying an old COD game.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't think rejoining the thieves guild will help because it probably won't cancel out the quests you've already done. I haven't got the latest patch so I don't know if they fixed it, but if you get the quest where you have to translate Gallus's diary again DON'T DO IT, because then you won't be able to finish the final thieves guild quest later.

I also got the quest to find Red's sword twice and I had to go back to where I put it the last time at the end of the quest, instead of where you find it the first time (even though the map tells you to go to the first point both times). But that didn't screw anything up.

So I did finish the TG quests and restored the guild on my other game. Pain in the butt, it's probably the hardest in terms of effort quest/achievement in the game. But it only took me a few hours to do. You have to do a job for the guild five times in each of the cities Markarth, Solitude, Windhelm and Whiterun, but not Riften. and then completes a special assaignment for each one after that. The easiest way to do it is to do a bedlam job for Delvin (steal $500 in items) and a sweep job for Vex (steal three specific items from a house) and do them in the same city and then doing one will count as doing the other too so you get two at the same time that way. It's a pain though to get them both in the city you want and you have to quit about ten jobs before you get the ones you want. And then just do the odd job for the next city before you get the special one for the city you just did. and repeat ten more times.

It might have been patched, but you might also have to keep your thieves guild clothing or not be able to complete it.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:19 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Sorry, didn't see your post, Life.

Life Is The Path wrote:
DannikJerriko wrote:
Life, you've done the Dark Brotherhood, yes? Are there any really innocent people you have to kill?

I suppose it depends on how you define 'really innocent'. All the people you kill (save one, the first one) are by contract, so chances are they've wronged someone badly enough to warrant death. But there are kills that definitely feel wrong, that you won't want to do, so in that sense they are innocent (and I think there's one or two which really are innocent, and those murders are quite distasteful).

I will say, though, that the Dark Brotherhood questline is one of the better storylines in Skyrim, and if I hadn't already destroyed the Dark Brotherhood in this run-through I'd have probably done it again. Whether that can overcome personal squeamishness or not is up to the player.

Thanks, I don't think I'll do it, apart from with another character. In short, I don't think you can just kill people, even if they have wronged.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Fair enough.

While I was doing the Alduin's Wall quest, I noticed that one of the symbols - the Dragonborn symbol - seen when lowering the bridge looks a bit like the Hashashin symbol (from the real world Razz). Unfortunately, when I tried to research this, that pesky Assassin's Creed symbol was the only one I could find.

Oh! Found it! Ahem. Yes. So. You know how I was saying that I love Assassin's Creed? Rolling Eyes . I managed to find a posting on the Ubisoft forum. Here's what I was remembering:

(top left). I don't know what book they got that from, but the symbol is accurate. The other parts may be conjecture, I don't know.

Dragonborn symbol:

Is it just me, or are they similar?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:55 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Yeah, they are. If you get the box for Skyrim and look really closely, just a bit above the main Empire (I assume the Dragon-diamond thing on everything, Including the doors of the Imperial city, and Imperial camps in Skyrim is the symbol of the ) symbol, you can see that; very small and dark. I just saw it last night.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

The Crown of Barenziah kinda looks like Duchess Satine's headress.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote  

DannikJerriko wrote:
Yeah, they are. If you get the box for Skyrim and look really closely, just a bit above the main Empire (I assume the Dragon-diamond thing on everything, Including the doors of the Imperial city, and Imperial camps in Skyrim is the symbol of the ) symbol, you can see that; very small and dark. I just saw it last night.

I believe this is what you are refering to?

If that's correct then I'm pretty sure that is the symbol of Akatosh. At least in TES IV it seems strongly implied that the symbol is that of Akatosh because of his importance to the Empire. I'm unsure how much one can say it is also a symbol of the Dragonborn given how closely intertwined the two seem to be.

EDIT: reading my pocket guide to the empire it seems implied that the above symbol is of Akaviri origin. At some point in time a member of the Septim dynasty adopted it as the symbol of the Empire. Importantly Akavir translates as "Dragon Land." It appears my understanding of the symbol was only partial at best.

Still this is one of the reasons I love TES so much, everything has a deep complex history and even things that apear straightforward have a lot of depth if you do some digging.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Still this is one of the reasons I love TES so much, everything has a deep complex history and even things that apear straightforward have a lot of depth if you do some digging.

Same Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quote  

thanks to Steam I found this very funny video of a "live action" version of Skyrim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMD28MMtNg

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

woot, I got all the achievements! In fact it's the only game that I got 100% on. I had previously got them all for The Force Unleashed, but xbox shafted me with an update that added achievements that are only for the bonus content, sold separately, but detract from the total score you already have in the main game.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
thanks to Steam I found this very funny video of a "live action" version of Skyrim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMD28MMtNg

Enjoy!

Laughing That's absolutely marvellous! Everything was spot on about that.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SE5owAIPmk&feature=relmfu

Potential Skyrim updates. This was made a while ago, and we've already got a couple of them.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

MOD IDEA: Bouncy spell. Cast it on yourself, jump of the Throat of the World or whatever and harmlessly bounce away!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would've liked a spear. Considering this is based on an era in European history where a lot of combatants fought with long knives and spears, I was saddened that it wasn't included. I only know of one game where it's actually possible to play with spears (in first person, not counting things like Total War), and that was Rise of the Argonauts, which had a slightly rigid story, but I couldn't fault the fighting. It was satisfying to use spear, sword and mace.

Oh, and I called it on the house thing Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 18 of 21