Roleplaying: Mercenary Mission One
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

" Fine. Keep the vibroblade. If I see it out of it's sheath aboard this ship, though, it's gone for good. But you're not flying, no. Not until you've proven you're Skar'kla material." Aden turned his back to the boy and turned to the cargo hauler were the two injured Skar'kla soilders lay, staring at the two of them. " And that is ridiculous. Get these two to the medbay. Pronto. After that check in on the simulater deck and tell them Commander Kad sent you for some training. Got it, Private Ferno?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quote  

Saul watched as the Commander got side tracked with some young merc with a knife. It didn't take the Commander long to straighten things out. Saul just shook his head.

That kid had a lot to learn.

Frender looked over at Saul. "So, where do ya think the Empire will send us next? Seeing as we passed their test mission in all."

Saul heard the spite and sarcasm in the remark and had to agree. "Well they certainly aren't the best employers in the galaxy, but they do pay well. I guess the real question isn't so much of where and what, as whether the Commander will even want to continue working with them. I imagine he's pretty ticked with how things turned out. I know I am and is the rest of the squad. Loosing Odalis in some trial run for these Imps..." He had to bite back his anger, "...fierfek. I don't know Frender, I just don't know."

The Ryn merc put a knowing hand an Saul's shoulder and stood their silently. They all were taking Odalis' death pretty hard.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Fern Valorne fumed, After I apologized, that gundark of a commander still adressed me 'Private Valorne'. He's not so experienced himself. Maybe I should call him Private Commander Adenn "Gundark" Kad.
Ferno Valorne smiled, though he hadn't said a word aloud, he felt he'd exacted his revenge. He reached the desk he said, "Excuse me, I have sme injured commandoes, could I leave them here?"
"Allright thank you."
"Oh. And, could you direct me to the t-training facility?"
Ferno wasn't sure why he stuttered with t words. Maybe it was nervousness or maybe it was just his mouth's disuse.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Last edited by Reepicheep on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

((Why is Ferno asking for training from a receptionist??))

Aden sighed. Ferno was going to take some work. The boy was a burden to everyone around him. Until he learned how to fly well enough to keep himself alive, Aden wasn't letting him back into the battle. Ferno was a danger to himself as much as he was to his squadmates. As much as the boy annoyed Aden, he didn't want to see the kid get himself killed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote  

((OOC: Jedi_Christopher, do you plan on having any kind of post mission speech or talk? If not, I'm going to have my squad head to the ship's makeshift bar.))

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

(( I think we'll do that later back in the briefing room. Let's do some other stuff before we get to that; I don't think the ship has even jumped to hyperspace yet.))

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quote  

Saul was ready for a drink. He looked around at his squad mates and gathered their attention.

"Time to honor the fallen."

The rest of Skull and Bones squadron nodded their heads in sullen agreement. Leaving their ships behind for the hangar techs and droids to handle, the mercs made their way off the deck and into the bowels of the ship. They headed toward "Grillo's Pub," the ship's official, or unofficial, cantina. A place where Skar'kla commandos could get a drink and blow off some tension.

And right now, a place of refuge.

Like most bars, the place was dark and illuminated by bright neon signs and a few scarce glowlights. A burly looking sergeant manned the bar.

Saul went over and grabbed a stool. "Viruuvian boiler maker, Tozzy." He slapped down a handful of credits. "Better run me up a tab, it's gonna be a while."

The bartender, Tozzy, gave him a knowing glance. "No problem Saul."

Soon the booze was flowing. Stories were shared. Together the squadron talked about the past, about their old adventures with Odalis, Blood 2. In their own way they commemorated their fallen comrade.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:

"Allright thank you."
"Oh. And, could you direct me to the t-training facility?"

I fixed it. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:02 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Aden exited the turbolift and stepped onto the bridge, as he had done thousands of times before. Captain Tistell was hard at work managing the repair effort to patch up the Glitterclaw before they're jump into hyperspace. Jace Kadara sat back in his chair, headphones resting on his shoulders, looking rather relaxed. Various other officers nodded and saluted as he entered the bridge. He felt rather exposed not wearing his mandalorian armor, as he almost always did. But right now he was glad to be out of the war suit which had seen so much action this past day.

“ Captain!" Tistell yelled across the bridge. “We’re done patching up Level 5, and the gunships are giving the green light. We should get out of here before the Republic sends another fleet." Aden slipped into the command chair. “Let’s do just that, Captain." Tistell walked over to the communications bank as the pilots layed in the course. Tistell's voice boomed over the ship-wide communications unit. “Prepare for hyperspace in 10, 9, 8, 7, 5...." She continued the countdown as Aden braced himself for the jolt. The Glitterclaw's engines roared and the ship lurched forward into the blue tunnel of lightspeed. The bridge crew cheered.

By galactic standard time, it was nighttime now, and the bridge's second shift was arriving as the first shift, looking rather exhausted, trickled out. Aden decided he was no longer needed, and decided it was time for a drink.

Aden saw Tistell enter the turbolift, and he slipped in after her. Looking rather surprised, she turned to look at him. “Commander?" Aden smiled. " Captain. Care to join me for a drink? No business talk allowed, of course?" Her eyes widened a little as if surprised, and she managed something that looked almost like a smile as the turbolift doors opened again. “Sounds like... fun. Let me change into something more comfortable. I'll meet you there in, say, a quarter hour?"

Aden watched her as she exited the turbolift and made her way down the hallway. “Sounds like a plan. I'll see you there." The doors closed again automatically, and the turbolift lurched downward.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quote  

Gavin and the rest of Dawn Flight had watched in amazement as Commander Kad confronted Ferno. After Commander Kad had settled the issue he then made a quick visit to the flight. It’s the typical commander congratulating the troops routine, nothing wrong with that. Maybe Commander Kad intended to say more to us but that incident with Inferno shook him up. Can’t blame him if it did, I would just want to get any business out of the way so I could get a drink at the cantina after that if I had been in his combat boots. Gavin then dismissed the flight after Commander Kad had left and began heading towards the med bay.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:38 am Reply with quote  

An hour had passed and the Skull and Bones Squadron was now seriously polluted in a sea of alcohol.

Saul's slightly breezy voice cut in, "I remember that one time when Odalis took out those four uglies on Bodgen Prime. Man that was a slick maneuver..."

"Damn straight." Bannick downed another shot of whiskey. "Odalis was a true warrior...in a ship or hand-to-hand."

They all toasted their glasses together. "To Odalis!" They all cheered in unison.

Yes, there was no better way to commemorate a fallen comrade than sharing memories of him with your fellow squad mates.

"He was good in a ship, that's for sure. That Bogden quadruple flip proved it." Frender nudged Bannick. "It was creativity that gave him an edge. Thinking on the fly and out of the box. Things like that are what make a good pilot great."

Phaedon spoke up in a weary voice. "I should've had those to shabla rebs..."

"It wasn't your fault Phaedon." Saul's voice took on an air of authority.. "We can beat ourselves up for the rest of our lives running through all the things we could have done, but when it comes down to it, nothing changes. The only thing you can do is learn from it."

"So what did you learn from it, Saul?" This time it was Illacia.

Saul looked over and regarded the stunning looking human. She looked good in all the ways a humanoid should. Yet she was just as sharp two, and in more ways than one. "I learned that Thrawn is just another Imp commander using the tools he has to get what he wants. That by working for them, we're going to see a lot of casualties and a lot of risk." He paused. "And this new war ain't going to be pretty."

"Never is." Nev muttered through his goggled mask.

The waitress arrived with another round of drinks. It seemed to all of them that this was but the first of many to come. All of them briefly wondered if they were next.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Aden entered Grillo's pub. The place was packed with officers, all at some level of intoxication. Aden found an empty seat at the bar. " Give me a glass of the most expensive Correlian brandy you have." The bartender grabbed a small glass and grabbed a bottle from the large rack of drinks behind the bar. " The best for our commander!" Aden smiled faintly and looked at his chrono, wondering how long it would take Tistell to get there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quote  

The med bay was fairly decent in size and very well equipped, considering that they had no government ties to supply them. Gavin shuddered and it wasn’t due to any lack of warmth in the med bay, if anything this was probably the warmest area of the ship. Some of the people coming in are in bad enough shape as it is, we can’t have them dying because the place isn’t sufficiently warm to compensate for the loss of blood or exposure that has lowered their body temperature. I remember when I was here, I had only been in the Skar’klas for three months, but it seems only like it was yesterday.

He looked down at a line of stretchers of commandos who were waiting to be operated on. The stretcher nearest Gavin had a commando with a blood soaked patch across his forehead and covering one eye. The commando quietly moaned. The commando next to him had had his left leg blown off above the knee and his left arm was terribly mangled, his armband now being used as an improvised tourniquet. Gavin saw on both of their uniforms they had patches identifying them as members of Battery C, 3rd Artillery which meant they had been manning one of turbolaser batteries on the Glitterclaw.

“Their turbolaser battery took a direct hit 5 minutes before the cease fire. You’re looking at what the med bay has been dealing with since this thing got started.”

Gavin looked up and turned to see one of the Skar’kla Commando Corps medics in a bloodstained tunic.

Before Gavin could say anything the medic turned to the two orderlies behind him “Alright get those two prepped and bring them into the O.R., I’ll be along in a minute.” The two orderlies went scurrying off to comply with the medic’s orders, activated the anti-grav repulsers on the stretchers and took the two commandos Gavin had be looking at moments before to be prepped for surgery.

“By the Force what I would give for enough bacta to put these guys in tanks instead of having to use localized bacta treatment.” The medic muttered to himself after the orderlies left. He then looked at Gavin “You don’t look like you’re in need of medical attention so what can I do for you?”

“I’m hear about one of the wounded pilots that was picked up by EV rescue, Ensign Lesyr Sel’lis”

“Sel’lis, Lesyr” the medic mumbled to himself as he scanned the med bay’s datapad containing the names of all the patients

“Ah here we are. Ensign Sel’lis retrieved with damage to her suit which had rendered her unconscious from lack of oxygen. Except for exposure additional exterior physical damage minimal, possible brain damage from insufficient oxygen. Current condition: still unconscious, possible diagnosis: coma. Location Post-OP intensive care section” The medic looked up at Gavin “I’m sorry. If you still want to see Ensign Sel’lis I can have an orderly take you to her.”

“I would appreciate that, thank you...”
Gavin said grim faced

“Medic Jaster Roe”

“Captain Gavin Vendar”
Gavin said shaking Roe’s hand. I still find it interesting how the med bay crew doesn’t use any rank designations and instead uses occupation for forming their hierarchy. I’m not even sure they have ranks, I guess if you’re rankless, or at least appear that way, an officer can’t pull rank to have a buddy put ahead on the triage list.

“Orderly Rulvan! Show Captain Vendar where Ensign Sel’lis is in the intensive care post-op”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote  

Saul saw Aden come into the pub. Picking up his current drink, which he was too intoxicated to remember precisely what it was called, he went over and sat in a stool next to the commander.

"So Aden, we still working for the Imps after this...or we calling it quits with'em?"

It was a viable question. This was after all a trial mission. Saul just wasn't so sure how he would handle it. Odalis' death hit him pretty hard.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Aden picked up his drink and took a long sip." I'm not sure what we're going to do next. We haven't signed a contract, so we can still pull out of the deal." He set glass of brandy down. " I heard about Odalis. I'm sorry for what happened. I really am. Looking back, I wish I had called this mission off when we received those transmissions. But what's done is done." Saul took a long swig from the large, neon-colored drink he was holding." I'll admit, I really wish I could space Thrawn right now for what he did. But we need money. And that means working with the Imperials." He sighed. " How would you handle this situation?"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 15 of 16