Star Wars 1313
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Do you guys remember the series Corusant Nights that took place on Imperial Center right after Order 66? That's what this brings to mind.

I'd play it unless it's an on-line game and you have to pay a monthly subscription fee.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hopefully it has some freedom you can play around with.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote  

Entertainment Weekly posted a new image of the hole.

Link: http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/06/01/star-wars-1313-exclusive-enter-the-underworld/

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If the whole game is an exploration of that hole, my life will be complete.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote  

Since they're saying underground city, I bet there could be enough space to do ships and landspeeders flying around. And they could certainly do some huge open areas. Skyrim showed just how big of an environment you can make while being completely underground with some of those dwarven ruins.

It will be interesting to see how they pull off variety in the environment, especially if they do the whole thing underground with now breaks elsewhere. Will they have big holoscreens broadcasting fake environments to create the illusion of space and variety? Will Level 1313 be it's own self contained city with an industrial works, a business zone, residential slums, clubs, etc? There's a lot of possibilities.

Oooo, and with the mature rating, maybe the players can kill a Hutt. I'm not sure they've done that in a Star Wars game since the Nintendo era. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm very excited to see actual gameplay for this tomorrow. The idea seems very Assasins Creed meets Star Wars; a third player game where you're given tools of the trade to do your work in a somewhat linear, somwhat open cinematic and engaging story. Add a great character to be and I think we have potential for a great game. Not to mention adding a much needed possible SW multiplayer to the 360/PS3 lineup.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Video of the gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U08QNPk0ZNE

Well it doesn't look like it's about Boba Fett (sigh of relief Laughing ). It looks very awesome though and it still could be free-world.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That actually looks pretty incredible, I'm excited

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Hmm.

I don't have an entirely good feeling about this. It looks good, sounds good, and the controls for the fighting look decent (much like Gears, which I'm down with) and the reach over was a good touch. The first gameplay footage, though, had me worried. Where he's climbing over the falling wreckage, the controls looked a bit clunky and slow. Too, the transition from cutscene to gameplay was good, and I'm hoping it'll be done well, but there is the capacity for it to be overdone, and feel a bit like a COD game.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:45 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Looks like the plane scene from Uncharted 3...

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Beautiful graphics, but the real question is going to be gameplay. It can be the most beautiful game in the world, but if the controls suck or its no fun to play, it'll hurt.

Also, it's clearing running on PC. I'm pretty sure the Xbox 360 can't process graphics that wonderful. So, odds are strong this could end up being next-gen. Or PS3/Wii U.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Surely they'd be ridiculous to release only on PC. But then...it is LucasArts. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I seem to recall one or two other games that were previewed with videos of gameplay from the PC, but that they were released on other formats, too. I think this one will be released on all formats - however, that depends on when it'll be released. I think it likely that they'll wait until the next gen consoles are out.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yes, I don't expect to see this anytime soon. I'm cautiously optimistic, though. I'm not really one for consoles, so I hope to have my super computer built by the time this releases. I've been planning it for many moons, and I think the time has finally come. So I should certainly be able to play this. We shall see.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So, a Star Wars game that may or may not be for the PC is the driving force behind you making your computer? Mara, you are super fan Very Happy . And it proves that Star Wars has positive, practical influences in the real world!

EDIT: I may be wrong about the next-gen only thing, as game.co.uk has it listed as both a xbox 360 game and a PS3 game - though that itself could merely be GAME hedging their bets.

Page 3 of 5