Post-Fate of the Jedi Literature
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should post-FOTJ novels(If there will be any)be about?
1.Luke,Han and Leia's final adventures
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
2.A second Outbound Flight through the Unknown Regions and exploring the satellite galaxies
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
3.The vision of Allana Solo unifying the Galaxy
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
4.The adventures of an adult Ben Skywalker
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Do you really think there is any viability to getting more stories set during NJO? I doubt it.

Actually there's a lot of room in that era if for no other reason than to discuss where so many of the Jedi were. There could be Smuggler's Alliance stories and such. And remember the last half of Destiny's Way? That was pretty much billed in a few pages and that segment being lots of little strikes against the Vong and they were all glossed over to get to the Ebaq 9 battle, so there's a lot of possibility there even if for just a book of short stories. I think that whole era has more potential and since the Vong were just tossed aside after NJO it'd be nice to revisit them again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
It's interesting that people talk about "there's a lot of room for stories set in X era" because as far as I see they never do that.

Sure they'll go back and fill in a previously unfilled era, but the stories all go forward and then they don't go back again. Think TOR and Prequel era. The only era that They've consistently gone back to is the OT/ New Republic and then letting Zhan write more books about his characters that don't really cross over with anything else.

Do you really think there is any viability to getting more stories set during NJO? I doubt it.

They haven't YET. Doesn't mean that they can't or wont.

Also there's good reason to expect change.

Keep in mind LFL has a new chief author. I believe Del Rey expects Shelly to retire relatively soon. So that's changeover at the high levels.

There's a lot of new writers invovled in Star Wars compared to years past. A lot of new faces and new ideas.

Also, the prequels and Clone Wars are finally completed which frees up a fair chunk of contract to play with standalones set in other eras.

Take Scourge for example. That's going back to fill a gap. May be a sign of things to come.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'd rather see stories that feature characters that are not part of the solo/skywalker family.

Also Saba. I'd really love to see a novel focused only on her.

Thrawn should return. Sigh....I know that's just fan-girl wishing.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Anyone read the Jaina and Jag story in the latest Star Wars Insider?

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

Last edited by Dancelittleewok on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Not yet.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I've been haunting newsagents and book stores waiting for it, but it's not been out here yet. I'll try again next week.

And really looking forward to the one after, which has a Myri story in it Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:02 am Reply with quote  

I read it, and I liked it. Of course, it did have a Hutt in it which gives it instant love.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I also think that here should be a trilogy where other Force Users are present, I was thinking one where a cult arises targeting not just Jedi, but all Force users in general. I also thought it would be interesting to have Luke unavailable during the crisis giving other lesser known Jedi and possibly Ben a chance to more fully develop they're characters.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There should be different Force sects (instead of always Sith) as villains I agree. It's been done well in the past (e.g. Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor).

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 6 of 6