EUFA 2012
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
EUFA 2012
 PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SWEUC might be an odd place for it, but do we have any European Football fans here (that's Soccer for the Yanks)?
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:10 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yep, big Man Utd fan and closely following Euro 2012 as well Smile
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Right on. Not good news for the Orange army and they play against Germany next. Yikes. It would be a shame if they didn't make it out of the group.

My favorites are Germany and Spain, and these two teams opened against their biggest rivals, Portugal and Italy. I was sweating yesterday but what a relief that Germany got their 3 points. I haven't watched the games today, but I'm sure I'll be on the edge of my seat.

It's always good to see England play and their opening against France is going to be one not to be missed.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Right on. Not good news for the Orange army and they play against Germany next. Yikes. It would be a shame if they didn't make it out of the group.

Indeed. I was so sad when they lost out in the finals in the last World Cup. Sad

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Quite poor from England. Outpassed 2 to 1 at least. Will take the draw but we're going to get battered if we come up against a better side. Gerrard's past it and Parker isn't exactly world-class. Need Michael Carrick in the midfield to improve ball retention.
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I agree. To me the first half of England and France felt more like league play, they weren't playing up to the level. They'll call it a win, but they better get 3 points on their next game with no mistakes if they want to feel on solid ground.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It looked like both were content on 1:1 twards the end (France maybe tried a bit harder). I personally enjoyed Ukraine VS Sweden more.

I root for Spain.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well, Spain didn't play veru well against Italy. Del Bosque decided no to play with a true 9 (Cesc filled that role) until he saw his mistake and decided to fix it. But I think Torres wasn't the best option. Llorente played really well this year, save the last matches, and I prefer Negredo to Torres.

Let's hope they'll play a better match agains Ireland next Thursday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm a Torres fan, but I agree that he didn't do much for that match. I wouldn't say that they didn't play well that match. It is safe to say that they didn't play better than Italy. That was their toughest match of the group and maybe even of the tournament, so having them play a bit conservatively like they did might not have been such a bad idea. I'm sure that they'll pick it up against Ireland.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:40 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I never liked Torres. I don't know exactly how good is his adaptation to the Premier (I don't follow it), but I didn't like how he played in At. Madrid or in the Spanish team.

I wouldn't call it "conservatively". I've been following Spain for a long time (I'm Spanish after all) and that match wasn't good compared with other they played latelly. It's true Spain always begins bad and later improves, but I would have liked a different approach.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

He started well at Liverpool *spits on floor* but then picked up a load of injuries, was absolutely terrible, got sold to Chelsea for £50m despite being awful, failed to produce for 18 months and then scored a handful at the back end of this season. He had his peak for me in the first 2 seasons at Liverpool, been poor ever since.
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Sorry, I have no interest in football, but would like to express how silly it is spending FIFTY MILLION POUNDS (plus more per game, I assume) to get some one to play football.

I won't post here because it really isn't my thing, but I just wanted to say it.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Oh that's nothing, Real Madrid paid us (Manchester United) £80m for Cristiano Ronaldo. His minimum release clause at the minute is £1billion, although next to no-one does pay out a release clause, they're deliberately set high. He's worth over £100m now though, easily.
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Torres and Villa were a perfect team on the last UEFA CUP IMO. Defense focused on one and the other would score. Those days are gone indeed. Sad

Looks like Holland's going home....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 3