A Movie Scavenger Hunt - Are You In?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

My sister has been spending a lot more time in the front room, so I haven't been able to watch as many movies as I'd like Sad . Though I have managed to watch a few. I'm just trying to find appropriate themes. My plan of using humorously obvious themes has backfired Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dang. Dog's at 68! Shocked

I think we can all give up now. Laughing

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I tend to usually watch at least a couple of movies a week. What really bumped up those numbers is because I had a few marathons watching movie series in a couple days. I've also been pretty meticulous in keeping track of movies I watched and crossing them off the list. I'm not sure how much everyone else is really keeping up on it.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've picked up a bit more in watching movies too, as opposed to the first few months. Like you, I'm watching a bunch of series. Going through the Alien flicks right now.

I actually have a copy of the list saved in Notepad on my computer, and when I finish watching a movie, breeze through it and try to find some categories that will fit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

yeah, I got on my desktop the list of 500 categories and whenever I watch a movie I add it to that. And then I have a second document that just has the movies I've watched, copied from the other one, and if I watched a couple or ones that are difficult to categories I'll just list them there and then later go back and try to find a match.

When I go to update on the site here I just repost the second list and add up the new total.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I try to update my list here within a day or two after I've watched a movie. I just stroll down the 500 list, make my pick and edit my post. I don't have a special list on my disk or anything like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm a bit more haphazard in my list. I watch a movie, and might remember to make a note of it in my phone, and at some point in the next month I'll get round to putting it in my list Rolling Eyes .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm going to have a Pixar marathon soon, so that should bring my numbers up. I wanted to do it in preparation for Brave like I usually do for new releases, but I think I'll wait until after school is finished. Incidentally my school year being done and Brave's release coincide almost perfectly.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've returned 5 DVDs to my video rental store. I haven't seen any of the 5 films.
Money down the drain Crying or Very sad

I haven't seen a movie since jun. 4 and the way things are going i'm not gonna see anything soon.

This is probably a new record for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Are we allowed to use slots with an ironic and/or sarcastic twist? The last one I put in was 'Great Disguise' for Stardust, referencing, as a joke, the lead's transformation into Shakespeare's cousin (or nephew) - by just a different haircut and clean clothes. Is that okay?

I suppose, if not, it would still be applicable to Shakespeare. You know, in a way. If you squint at it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't think it really matters. It just matters that you watch 500 movies (or however many) and put them into whatever categories you think describe them. I mean it's not like we are actually watching the movie only because it fits that category right? I know that I just watch movies and then try to figure out where they could fit afterwards.

But personally, for that one I'd have to say it should only count if that was what happened in the movie. Like either they thought it was a great disguise, or someone else did, when it really sucked.

That would be like putting Titanic down as a "twist ending" because it was ironic in that everyone knew the ending. Then again, from the film's POV it really would be ironic because we knew they were all gonna die and they didn't see it coming, so it really would be a twist for them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, I did watch Saving Private Ryan specifically to use the 'Thousands of Extras' slot! It was a good excuse to watch it, all the same.

As for the in-movie thing, that's hard to say. It's done to fool the crew. At least one found it obvious, but as for the others it was either 'oh! it's his nephew! Hello Nephew!' or 'bah, the Cap'n's playing one of his tricks again. Let's play along so he doesn't get upset. Aargh!'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Updated the leaderboard today!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My film watching has nose-dived quite spectacularly. I haven't been able to watch much, and of the films I have watched, they were repeats put on by my sister Sad .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I plan on updating my post eventually, but it will take some time.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 10 of 10