Star Wars Questions/Answers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
^ You mean humans? Wink

Yes, definitely humans, it's been stated/hinted in numerous works.
But what about the second most common species? I'm guessing Twi'lek, but I don't really know.

Quote:
@Taral: That makes sense.

I had the same interpretation as Taral, but I like what Mara suggested, that we have to stretch the definition a bit. Even by human he probably means "sentient species" and maybe he doesn't say "human cyborg relations" when he introduces himself to a non "Basic" speaking alien.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:23 am Reply with quote  

I know humans are stated as the most common species in the galaxy, but I was wondering who else? Or if they've ever given numbers or percentages.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I don't think there's anything canon, but you can make a few assumptions.

I think the best assumption to make is that the most common species are those enslaved by the Hutts (Vodrans, Klatooinians, Nikto) and similar races used by the Hutts as mercenaries (Weequay).

My logic: for the slaves, I'm thinking that the Hutts would do their best to ensure a constant stream of slaves for every generation. They probably breed their slave races for many traits, and numbers would be one of them.

25,000 years of slavery should ensure a large number of Vodrans, Klatooinians, and Niktos in the Galaxy.

Twi'leks would apply similarly. Twi'lek slavery is common (not just for the women), and so a slave population might be bred to maximize their numbers.

The same logic might apply to the hired races, but from a free will point of view. Each family is well off working for the Hutts, so they make sure there's enough in the next generation to serve further.

But that's just a thought.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Space ants!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote  

I haven't found anything really conclusive, but I think the Duros might be the second most common. First off, they were one of the earliest space explorers. Secondly, their entire species lives off planet.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This just hit me like the Executor hit the Death Star II.

Why did they bring C-3PO with them on Endor?

Sure he became a crucial part of the mission, with the whole Ewok tribe thing, but that was an unforseen event.

If you're going on a stealthy commando mission, why would you bring a slow, shiny and loud protocol droid with you?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:26 pm Reply with quote  

To draw fire away from you once the shooting begins? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Humans are the second most-common. Midichlorians are the first. [/troll]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
What exactly does "human cyborg relations" mean?

I3l11 <1IN70N wrote:
I did not have relations with that human.

They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
What exactly does "human cyborg relations" mean?

I3l11 <1IN70N wrote:
I did not have relations with that human.

You just won the internet. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:17 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hogy wrote:
This just hit me like the Executor hit the Death Star II.

Why did they bring C-3PO with them on Endor?

Sure he became a crucial part of the mission, with the whole Ewok tribe thing, but that was an unforseen event.

If you're going on a stealthy commando mission, why would you bring a slow, shiny and loud protocol droid with you?

Star Wars #1 gives us some insight into why 3P0 as well as R2 were brought along. BOTH have military upgrades during the Rebellion's time after the first Death Star.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote  

A while back I asked how many Bothans died for the Death Star plans. While reading the book about the Shadows of the Empire project, it stated that exactly 12 Bothans died.

Borsk sure got a lot of mileage out of those 12.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 8 of 8