Fate of the Jedi 9: Apocalypse by Troy Denning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
pronunciation
 PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

So, real quick, I has a question regarding Darth Krayt. How is his name pronounced? Is it like "crate"?

Re: pronunciation
 PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

chewbacca.89 wrote:
So, real quick, I has a question regarding Darth Krayt. How is his name pronounced? Is it like "crate"?

Yes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
And yet they keep claiming that they had some of this planned since LotF...funny how when they botch something they scramble to pretend it was the plan all along, isn't it?

I believe they actually had a plan back during LotF, but I don't think they ended up with much of any of it. And I think they're lying if they say the end result was their plan all along. I call shenanigans.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
And yet they keep claiming that they had some of this planned since LotF...funny how when they botch something they scramble to pretend it was the plan all along, isn't it?

I believe they actually had a plan back during LotF, but I don't think they ended up with much of any of it. And I think they're lying if they say the end result was their plan all along. I call shenanigans.

I'd probably use a harsher word than 'shenanigans' to describe some of my feelings as to their "planning" as of late. Denning has made multiple inconsistent statements about how the Mortis tie-in came to be, and even on top of that there was the whole Krayt thing that felt tacked on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Krayt should not have been included. It didn't make sense, and it was out of left field. You don't just pull that, you spend time setting it up. I thought it was going to be the Son. As crazy as the plot already was, it wouldn't have hurt them to do something with that. As it was, I didn't know it was Krayt because I don't read the comics. So the character's purpose in the story was completely lost on me, seeing as he almost didn't have one.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

He had no purpose other than, like most of the novel, to be seen so they can be all like "Hey look, we're trying to tie all the stuff together, see! See!? We're trying guys" and it just came off pathetically to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The worst parts of the book for me were the overlong battle in the Jedi Temple (what a chore to read) and the inclusion of Mortis.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
The worst parts of the book for me were the overlong battle in the Jedi Temple (what a chore to read) and the inclusion of Mortis.

Thats...that's the first half of the book and a good chunk of the last half lol. How did you enjoy it at all?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I didn't. Wink

EDIT: Actually, that's a lie. I loved how Tahiri and Fett played off each other (I'd love to see more of them together in the future) and Jaina and Jag finally got married.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I love almost anything Tahiri is in for this series. As to Jaina and Jag that just needed to happen and its good they gut up and did it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

To be fair, they wanted to marry Jag and Jania at the end of Legacy of the Force but decided the way it ended with Jacen's death didn't lead into a wedding well or even a proposal well. So they did it at the end of the next big series. It wasn't a matter of if they had the guts to do it, but when they were going to get around to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If that is true, they could have had them get married at the start of the series, or sometime early on like when Luke came back. Instead they jerked us around for the whole series as to whether they were even going to stay together and they broke up at least once. For that I didn't get any joy in seeing them have 3 pages of wedding time.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:18 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Reepicheep wrote:
The worst parts of the book for me were the overlong battle in the Jedi Temple.

I've read through this thread and noticed that no one ever mentioned the fact that the Jedi were fighting inside the Jedi Temple and that it's never mentioned in the book that the Jedi Temple is a Light Side nexus and that they were drawing on it and were able to strengthen themselves further then the norm. Not that it didn't seem so, considering some of the feats they accomplished in that battle, and the fact that so few Jedi died and only one known jedi; Bazel. But to not mention it kind of irked me. Every time there's a fight on a dark side planet or where a dark side nexus is, it seems to always be mentioned during the fight and how they can draw on it and how it plays a factor. Just thought it should've been mentioned as an advantage.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:30 am Reply with quote  

That light side nexus under the Jedi Temple doesn't get mentioned too often. I remember somewhere they mentioned Palpatine tainted it. Did they ever purify it? It's been too long since I've read anything on it. (goes off to Wookieepdia)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lord Bane wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
The worst parts of the book for me were the overlong battle in the Jedi Temple.

I've read through this thread and noticed that no one ever mentioned the fact that the Jedi were fighting inside the Jedi Temple and that it's never mentioned in the book that the Jedi Temple is a Light Side nexus and that they were drawing on it and were able to strengthen themselves further then the norm. Not that it didn't seem so, considering some of the feats they accomplished in that battle, and the fact that so few Jedi died and only one known jedi; Bazel. But to not mention it kind of irked me. Every time there's a fight on a dark side planet or where a dark side nexus is, it seems to always be mentioned during the fight and how they can draw on it and how it plays a factor. Just thought it should've been mentioned as an advantage.

That may be, but it was terribly boring reading.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 31 of 32