Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void by Tim Lebbon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void by Tim Lebbon
 PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Glad to see the DOTJ era will be tackled in novel form as well as comics. Looking forward to more news on this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm actually disappointed they are exploring this era. I would have rather the origins of the Jedi be lost in history.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Why? I think it's interesting. Besides, some information about the founding of the Jedi was already dropped in the NEC, so how could they not explore it eventually?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mainly because usually stories about the founding of great orders that were created in other stories end up falling short. I don't mind hints and rumors being dropped here and there, such as the first Jedi supposedly learning ethics and morals from the Caamasi. But a detailed exploration of the founding, I'll pass on. I want to keep the mystery.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was pleased with the first arc of the comics so I'll definitely be buying this!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
I was pleased with the first arc of the comics so I'll definitely be buying this!

Me too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm glad we're exploring this era. I've been curious to see more of the Rakata for some time, and a full novel should really help us get a better idea of them, and of the original jedi.

What I am curious about though, is something I noticed when reading the Guide to Warfare - why did they Jedi leave the core and move to Ossus? Yes, they protected the early Republic by keeping the Tion fractured, but how did they know that the Tion were even a risk? or how to get there? (and yes, I know someone's going to say force vision)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Force vision Razz .

I don't know, actually. I can't recall much in the way of information in regards to that specific incident, at the moment, so I don't think I can say much. This book sounds pretty interesting. I like how they're doing the same set up as they did with the Kerra Holt novel.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote  

Has anyone read any of Tim Lebbon's books? He's written quite a few. I'm interested in how his book will differ from John Ostrander's style. Will they be similar? Will there be a different tone?

When John Jackson Miller transitioned Knight Errant from comics to a novel, I thought it worked really well. But in that case, he was in control of both things. Jumping from Ostrander to Lebbon will present a bigger hurtle.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote  

Couple interviews out with Tim Lebbon.

Roqoo Depot interview with Tim Lebbon

and

Jedi News interview with Tim Lebbon

The Jedi News one is really good. Tim reveals some info about the book, the main character's name, and it will be a she.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dug those interviews. This and Scoundrels are the things keeping my SW love and interest alive right now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote  

@Caedus_16: did you hear that Zahn is doing two short stories to go along with Scoundrels?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Skuldren: Oh ya, and I'm just as psyched for those. I'm even going to bust out my Ocean's Eleven soundtrack for the occasion and just read it all in one night.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:42 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Can't wait! Loved the comics too.

“Only a master of evil, Darth.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not a huge amount of information revealed, but interesting none-theless. He seems to be quite happy with working with the project, and seems to be working hard to keep from accidentally steping on the comic's toes. Sounds promising enough to me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 3