Star Wars: Crucible by Troy Denning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote  

It might not be final, but I like the cover.

For what it's worth, Random House has it listed as February 19, 2013 for the release date and as 256 pages in length (hardcover).

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

And this further adds to the suspicion that they're dead meat...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Caedus_16 wrote:
And this further adds to the suspicion that they're dead meat...

That may be true and this new "Star Wars" comic series is to keep the Big 3 stories alive so as to smooth over their deaths or disappearances with the fanbase. And the reason I say disappearance is because maybe Mortis will be involved and the Big 3 will have to stay there to bring that balance to the Force. This would take the Big 3 out of the picture and they wouldn't have to die. Making almost everyone happy.

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
It might not be final, but I like the cover.

For what it's worth, Random House has it listed as February 19, 2013 for the release date and as 256 pages in length (hardcover).

Hmm. I have a bad feeling about this....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote  

All the death and Denning considerations, I think, are misplaced with this one. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to have the Big 3 wiped out here. I think it's like others have pointed out, this will be a nice big send off for them, with other books following the new generation. And I think if it goes after that sort of goal, it could be a really fun novel.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The cover looks like they got Hamill, Ford, and Fisher to pop their heads in one of those cardboard posing posters... Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ha, it does! I knew something was off about it, and that would be it. Oh, that's funny. Laughing

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Liking the cover...Hating that its a hardcover! Razz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

More on Crucible from the Random House catalog listing (via Club Jade):

Quote:

SETS UP NEW SERIES: With this book, Han, Luke, and Leia are passing the torch to the next generation of Star Wars heroes, and the stage will be set for the next major Star Wars series.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
More on Crucible from the Random House catalog listing (via Club Jade):

Quote:

SETS UP NEW SERIES: With this book, Han, Luke, and Leia are passing the torch to the next generation of Star Wars heroes, and the stage will be set for the next major Star Wars series.

Sets up new series..... well that's unfortunate. Probably means that the LTOTS will be promptly forgotton and allowed to fade into obscurity by the sounds of things. Which I definitely do not like, given that it makes zero sense for them to not be hunted by the Jedi.

Then again, the Vong post-NJO haven't exactly gotten much of a mention, despite taking over half the galaxy. So I guess that's just how we roll.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

At least LTOTS are getting a comic series.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I don't think it's unreasonable for the LTOTS to go away for awhile. The Jedi killed a lot of their leadership, so they're gonna be much more careful, the Jedi still don't know where their homeworld is, so beyond a mention that they have a few Jedi looking into them, I don't think we need more than that right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ultimatedash wrote:
I don't think it's unreasonable for the LTOTS to go away for awhile. The Jedi killed a lot of their leadership, so they're gonna be much more careful, the Jedi still don't know where their homeworld is, so beyond a mention that they have a few Jedi looking into them, I don't think we need more than that right now.

Exactly, but I think the worry is that they'll just be ignored like the Vong were after NJO. Such a major villain, the galaxy completely overhauled, and then they just vanished never to be heard of again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Now I completely understand that worry, and while I still don't like the idea of bringing the Jedi vs. Sith battle to post ROTJ, I do think the LTOTS was a good way to do it, and I was actually interested in them. So, with this being a passing of the torch, do you guys want the big 3 gone, or for say Luke to take on more of a yoda role, being pretty much just an advisor.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ultimatedash wrote:
Now I completely understand that worry, and while I still don't like the idea of bringing the Jedi vs. Sith battle to post ROTJ, I do think the LTOTS was a good way to do it, and I was actually interested in them. So, with this being a passing of the torch, do you guys want the big 3 gone, or for say Luke to take on more of a yoda role, being pretty much just an advisor.

Even Yoda only lasted about 30 minutes worth of screen time in the OT. Luke, Han, and Leia surviving all the time is getting unrealistic. Might be time to just finish it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 12