Would Sidious join the other Sith in the Galaxy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Would Sidious join the other Sith in the Galaxy?
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Now that we know there are many more Sith in the Galaxy than we previously believed, it begs the question: Would Sidious have embraced them or sought to destroy them.

I think he would have made every attempt to get rid of them. He wouldn't want to share power with anyone. The thought of another Sith High Lord out there would be seen as a challenge to him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

He would have allied with them until he no longer needed them then, he would have destroyed them.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

That also raises another question. Was Palpatine truly committed to the ways of the Sith, or did he just use that knowledge and ability to gain and keep power.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I think he was committed, but not totally. The Sith long for power and the destruction of the Jedi. Sidious made them his goals. But, he didn't stick to the Master/Apprentice model. We know he trained others in the ways of the Darkside (Mara was one). He didn't call his Hands apprentices but, if any of them proved stronger than Vader, he wouldn't have hesitated to elevate a person from Hand to Apprentice.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Also, he never planned on anyone ruling the Galaxy except for himself. He didn't care of it was a Sith Empire so long as it was his empire.

Because of this, Vader was never taught anything about the Sith or their ways or abilities. He was really more of a fallen/ Dark Jedi than he was a Sith Lord.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:26 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

empiredestroyer wrote:
Also, he never planned on anyone ruling the Galaxy except for himself. He didn't care of it was a Sith Empire so long as it was his empire.

Because of this, Vader was never taught anything about the Sith or their ways or abilities. He was really more of a fallen/ Dark Jedi than he was a Sith Lord.

You could make the argument that Vader wasnt a true Sith Lord. I dont think he ever truly studied the sith way, more he studied the dark side and wanted to use it to heal himself.

Would Sidious have been accepted by the other Sith? Unlikely given the sith nature I doubt he would have been trusted. The Sith dont trust anyone anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote  

I think Palps would have kept tabs on them the same way he kept tabs on the Jedi ("Keep your friends close and your enemies closer). That being said I don't think he was necessarily looking to create a Sith Empire, as others have said it was his Empire.

To be fair though after the Sith had the "Rule of Two" and all that you'd really need to look into how that changed their ambitions for power. All I'm saying is we shouldn't assume that the Sith Empire of TOR remained the political ambitions of all Sith until Palps broke the chain. It is possible that the Sith concepts of Empire evolved so that Palps reflected the latest Sith philosophy on Empire (other Sith contemporaneous with him may simply have clung to other lesser-known philosophies similar to how there was the Jedi Council but lesser-known Grey Jedi factions may have existed alongside the Council at various points in time).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

he would have used them until he had control of the galaxy, and then he would "take care of" them

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

By "many other Sith in the galaxy" we're referring to the Lost Tribe of the Sith, right? Yay! A series I've read!

Anyway, I agree with everyone who says he would've used them until they could no longer aid him, and then destroy them. Look at what he did with Darth Plagueis. Look at what he did with the Republic/Seperatists. Look at what he was always ready and willing to do with Darth Vader. It's a pattern that Sidious always followed. He wouldn't have behaved any differently with all of the other Sith. Just like everything else, they'd simply be a means to an end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 1