What EU Book Are You Reading Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 144, 145, 146  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just got my copy of Lost Tribe of the Sith: The Collected Stories from Amazon.

But before reading it, I wanted to actually finish the eBooks. I had never read Secrets (book 8/Cool, so I re-read Pantheon (book 7) yesterday, and plan to finish Secrets over lunch.

Then later I'll read the entire series in the new book.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Just finished The Paradise Snare, halfway through The Hutt Gambit right now. AC Crispin did an excellent job on these books from what I've read so far.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:26 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Baloo wrote:
AC Crispin did an excellent job on these books from what I've read so far.

Agreed. That was one of the first examples of someone really tying together continuity.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Mad Wook wrote:
Baloo wrote:
AC Crispin did an excellent job on these books from what I've read so far.

Agreed. That was one of the first examples of someone really tying together continuity.

Definitely agreed! I love how she has already tied in the Tales of books, the Lando Calrissian Adventures, and The Corellian Trilogy (Though I haven't read that trilogy yet, though I do know of the character of Thrackan Sal-Solo). I also hear she ties in the Han Solo Adventures as well.

The Hutt Gambit so far is just as much a page-turner as The Paradise Snare. That's one thing I love about really good Star Wars novels. You know you're a good writer when you can write a trilogy about a character who we know what happens to. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I just got my copy of Lost Tribe of the Sith: The Collected Stories from Amazon.

But before reading it, I wanted to actually finish the eBooks. I had never read Secrets (book 8/Cool, so I re-read Pantheon (book 7) yesterday, and plan to finish Secrets over lunch.

Blast, I had to cancel my pre-order for gas money. Now I have to pick this up!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

@Baloo: Yes, those books were great! And doesn't Harrison Ford look cute on the cover of Hutt Gambit? I mean, uh...*cough*...great book. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Caedus_16 wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:

This is how my luck goes: I ordered this book way back on April 26 so I wouldn't have to worry about not having the money now. So when they changed the format, I kept checking to see that I would get it for the Amazon price guarantee of 7.99. So, when the book came out on Tuesday, I had ordered the "mass market paperback" and instead of sending me the "softcover," they just dropped the order since that product didn't exist anymore. So my wife reordered it on Tuesday night and entered the wrong credit card number, so I had to reorder last night with the correct number. So I may get it Saturday. So aggravating. I purposely didn't read any of the ebooks, i finished everything else I was reading, and haven't started anything else, all in anticipation of this release. I guess I'll have it by the 31st after all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mad Wook wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:

This is how my luck goes: I ordered this book way back on April 26 so I wouldn't have to worry about not having the money now. So when they changed the format, I kept checking to see that I would get it for the Amazon price guarantee of 7.99. So, when the book came out on Tuesday, I had ordered the "mass market paperback" and instead of sending me the "softcover," they just dropped the order since that product didn't exist anymore. So my wife reordered it on Tuesday night and entered the wrong credit card number, so I had to reorder last night with the correct number. So I may get it Saturday. So aggravating. I purposely didn't read any of the ebooks, i finished everything else I was reading, and haven't started anything else, all in anticipation of this release. I guess I'll have it by the 31st after all.

That's ridiculous man, what a load of crap. They should have just manned up and shipped it to you regardless of format change.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't think it was their fault. Amazon had two listings, Mass Market Paperback and just "Paperback". I knew that it wasn't a Mass Market Paperback (they said from the beginning that it would be a larger book, akin to the Trade Paperbacks of the TCW novels).

Sometimes Amazon does that, with multiple listings for the same product. It's kind of on us to pay attention and make sure we order the right one. I recently saw two entries of the same book (might've been Scourge), where, upon further investigation, one was Del Rey and the other was Titan (and therefore the European version, and therefore may not ship at the same time, or be weird in some other weird way*).

*= not meant as a comment against Europe. It's just that book formattings are sometimes different from one place to the next.

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Quote:
they said from the beginning that it would be a larger book, akin to the Trade Paperbacks of the TCW novels

No, it started out being a mass-market, cause JJM announced the change in a tweet. He said they were changing the format, the price, the release date, and adding the maps.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:41 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Just finished Rebel Dawn by A.C. Crispin, man what an ending to a trilogy. Wrapped everything up so nicely, and intertwined it with a lot of different EU novels! A must-read for everyone, though I think that they should also read the Han Solo Adventures by Brian Daley and the Lando Calrissian Adventures by L. Neil Smith before they read A.C. Crispin's trilogy. There are references to the first three "Tales Of..." books as well.

The only thing that bothered me was
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think it was part of the ruse. Remember that Vader wanted to apprehend Han and Leia. He couldn't do that very well if Lando said "Get off my station or I'll shoot you. And unlike you, I shoot first! Zing!"

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

You also have to think about the lifestyle they both lived. When you live like that, you learn to put things behind. And as Taral said, you also learn to act nice until you learn exactly what is going on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm starting Legacy: War TPB. I can't wait to see Cade's final adventure!

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reading Darth Revan, and I'm having a real hard time getting into it. I know the basic plot of KOTOR, but I expected it to retell that story for those who haven't played the game- it doesn't. If I didn't know who Darth Revan was I would have no idea why I'm supposed to be reading a book about him. When the character is introduced all it says is that he fought Mandos and had amnesia. Then it starts to develop a story about espionage among the Sith Lords. I assume that Revan will connect to that somehow, but that's a pretty bad way to begin a book by starting the story of the secondary characters instead of the guy who the book is supposed to be about.

I guess it's targeted just toward people who already played the games, and not to new readers who are first being introduced to the Old Republic timeline.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 124 of 146