Star Wars: The Essential Reader's Companion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

DannikJerriko wrote:
I love the cover, but that vintage comic with Vader on it in the bottom left sticks out like a sore thumb.

That's not a comic. That's the cover of the original, first edition paperback of Star Wars: From The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, by George Lucas (ghostwritten by Alan Dean Foster), (c) 1976. It's the Episode IV novelization (with key differences, since it's based on old concept art and scripts).
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Taral-DLOS wrote:
DannikJerriko wrote:
I love the cover, but that vintage comic with Vader on it in the bottom left sticks out like a sore thumb.

That's not a comic. That's the cover of the original, first edition paperback of Star Wars: From The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, by George Lucas (ghostwritten by Alan Dean Foster), (c) 1976. It's the Episode IV novelization (with key differences, since it's based on old concept art and scripts).

My mistake.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

but you're right that it sticks out, DannikJerriko. It could have been blended in a little better, like the rest of the recognizable covers.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote  

Del Rey released some unfinished images from Essential Reader's Companion. They look really nice. Can't wait to see some in color.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150729107328713.424309.67519418712&type=1

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote  

Scourge image from the book.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting, but why does it look like a comic?

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:33 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Check out this out!

(via DelReyStarWars)

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What is that supposed to be from? Luke and Lumiya look good, but is that supposed to be Leia in the background fighting some tiwlek dude under a giant hologram of some guy? looks kinda derpy.

Actually, I don't remember Lumiya having flesh-looking prostheses. Not sure about that one either.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Leia is fighting Alema Rar. I believe it is from LOTF: Exile.

Yeah, Alema and Lumiya look awful. Not sure who the holo is. If it's Jacen, that's just poor.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Cal Omas?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:08 pm Reply with quote  

I don't remember Luke and Leia teaming up against Lumiya and Alema. Wasn't Mara the one with Luke during that fight? And I have no idea who the hologram would be.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I don't remember Luke and Leia teaming up against Lumiya and Alema. Wasn't Mara the one with Luke during that fight? And I have no idea who the hologram would be.

I think it's more of a symbol than anything. The only time in LOTF that Luke fought Lumiya (if I recall correctly) was after Mara died in Sacrifice, and that was a straight one-on-one fight. Alema fought Leia more than once, I think in Exile and maybe again in Fury, but not with Luke.

So I think it's symbolic. Luke and Leia, both fighting foes from their past, as a growing evil lurks nearby, overseeing it all.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Lumiya engaged Luke Skywalker, while Rar emerged to confront Han and Leia Solo. Deflecting a blaster shot from Han Solo, the Twi'lek clashed blades with Organa Solo for the first time since their climactic duel at the Battle of Tenupe. Rar did not intend to defeat her opponent with her lightsaber, however, and she fought a holding action against Organa Solo as the Duracrud made its approach. Forced to deflect continued blaster shots from Han Solo, Rar held Organa Solo at bay. At the last moment, the Solos noticed the impending arrival of the freighter.

Wookieepedia page on Alema Rar in Exile
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alema_Rar

And thanks to Lev for the info on the person in the holo.
And Mara was fighting the GAG at the time according to the Exile wookieepedia page.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

There you go.

Exile was not my favourite of those books. Sacrifice and Fury were, so those were what I remembered.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 7