Lost Tribe of the Sith Comic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh awesome! I'm really curious to see how you interpret the Keshiri actually.

Huge fan btw, awesome to see you show up on the forum!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:33 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I emailed JJM to see if he could settle the Keshiri debate for us. I wasn't expecting him to show up! Very Happy

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I had a huge fan-boy moment, he's one of my favorite comic-book authors! Him, Scott Snyder, and Grant Morrison are my top 3!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

"Can you perhaps tell us if this occurs during or after the LTOTS short stories?"

After -- and after the novella, too. But both the novella and the comics occur in the lifetimes of the characters in "Secrets."

Appreciate the kind words. Would be around more, but it's been crazy for the last... well, geological era!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
I emailed JJM to see if he could settle the Keshiri debate for us. I wasn't expecting him to show up! Very Happy

A very good e-mail for you to have sent apparently!

I've found that almost all the Star Wars authors are great at replying when you ask them about their work. Its really great to have that level of access and accomodation (and I'm sure its no easy task getting bombarded by the fanboys/girls)

JohnJacksonMiller wrote:
"Can you perhaps tell us if this occurs during or after the LTOTS short stories?"

After -- and after the novella, too. But both the novella and the comics occur in the lifetimes of the characters in "Secrets."

Appreciate the kind words. Would be around more, but it's been crazy for the last... well, geological era!

Thank you Mr. Miller. That's really great to know (I'm a timeline/continuity nerd).

It really is great to see you take the time to interact with the fans, I'm sure we can all understand the workload (well, or at least imagine).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

JohnJacksonMiller wrote:

1) Thanks for the clarification!

2) Kind words will always flow for you man, KotoR was an outstanding read and I love your Star Wars contributions in general Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

JohnJacksonMiller wrote:
Spinner is a dark-skinned human. All the diversity of humanity was represented on Omen. The Keshiri are unmistakably purple, as we'll see.

Thanks for the answer! Looking forward to more sneak peeks in the future.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

There is a lot more coming from the Keshiri point of view in the "Pandemonium" novella -- which makes sense, if you've read the last of the short stories.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote  

I read Lost Tribe of the Sith: Spiral #1. First off, I like the art. It's not stunning (like the art in Ghost Prison), but it's good. Plus I really like how Andrea Mutti squeezes in pictures of odd alien animals in every comic (he did this in KOTOR: War too). The alien fox looked pretty cool.

As for the story, it's a bit odd when everyone is a badguy and they're all trying to kill each other. I loved seeing Grand Lord Hilts in the issue. The new Doomed ones are interesting. One of them even looks like a Wookiee.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm reserving judgement on this one until after I've read the entire first arc. This was an interesting first issue but it didn't blow me away. KotOR blew me away with the first issue, Knight Errant did to, but it seems on this one that JJM is using a slow burn to build to something. I think this will be a far more interesting series than KE but it'll take time. This first arc is just establishing something, not really utilizing the bigger aspects yet. In KotOR you knew immediately the stakes, what the result would be, and who the two major players on both sides were. With KE and KotOR War I got a bit of a JJM 'eh' feeling going on but this feels better.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Having high hopes for this one. Only time will tell, but unlike most of the recent SW ....I have a good fealing about this one. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I really enjoyed this. I liked how similar it was to the novel.

I'm excited to see where it is going.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I have to give this one a miss. Can't even afford to continue buying KE issues. Still, I've heard good things about it. Nothing too spectacular, as was said above, but good nonetheless.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:43 am Reply with quote  

Comic artist Andrea Mutti did the artwork for KOTOR: War and he's doing the art for Lost Tribe of the Sith: Spiral. You may or may not have noticed that he likes to draw animals. I gathered all of his images together for a neat little post if you're interested in checking it out.

Link: Star Wars Wildlife by Andrea Mutti

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That's funny. I hadn't even noticed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 2