The New Bigs!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Werehunter wrote:
I don't mind having characters that are used often. But I don't think that all the problems have to be solved by the same group of people. It only makes everyone else look extremely incompetent. They've built Luke up so much that the rest of the Jedi Council are left acting like children whenever he's not around.

Now I do definitely agree with that. I mean, Jaina and Ben are playing a bigger role in the galaxy, which is messed up since the council is supposed to be the bet of the best. Now I like Ben and Jaina, but when they get assigned missions that really one the masters should have, simply because the authors want Ben and Jaina to be the stars, it is annoying. So while we do need central characters I think, I am Ok with other characters solving the problems sOmetimes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jedi Joe wrote:
Is it sad that I saw the title of this thread and thought that it was about a new backstory for Biggs Darklighter?

Isn't that funny? I thought the same. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:
Is it sad that I saw the title of this thread and thought that it was about a new backstory for Biggs Darklighter?

Isn't that funny? I thought the same. Smile

And so did I.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:36 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Lol. Me too. Only I thought a clone of Biggs, being Bigs. Ya know, kinda like Luke and Luuke. But I guess that would make Biggs the clone..... Confused

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

So what about characters like Jaden Kor? Would u like to see him interact more with Ben and Jaina, or, stay more in his own self-contained series

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'd like to see him in one of the 'main' books. Not just because it introduces him to the main person list, but because I like the character. However, at this time, it may not be a good idea. His story, I feel, is still up in the air.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote  

I'd like to see Jaden Kor remain a Paul S. Kemp character. That is Paul's story to tell, and I wouldn't want to see it get messed up. Now if someone wanted to bring in Mander Zuma, that could be interesting.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

So what about what the Ben, Jaina, Jag, allana, and their allies have to face? LTOTS and The One Sith. Both are in the galaxy, do you guys want to them to play major roles? Personally, I'm done with the Sith right now. We've got the Old Republic era now, so there's no need for Sith post FOTJ, or it could just turn it the same stories with different characters.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

So everyone is tired of the Sith, Mandalorians, and the Vong. What other villain would be fitting for Star Wars? The Imperials come back? Another Waru book?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

In a universe that large, there is no end of possible threats. Have a group of systems break away and starting raiding nearby systems? Or have a threat come from the unknown regions? Or just have a series of stories dealing with the Hutts making a power play? Or ect.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing some books about the Hutts making a true power play. Something more then just criminal empires.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Werehunter wrote:
In a universe that large, there is no end of possible threats. Have a group of systems break away and starting raiding nearby systems? Or have a threat come from the unknown regions? Or just have a series of stories dealing with the Hutts making a power play? Or ect.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing some books about the Hutts making a true power play. Something more then just criminal empires.

That would be interesting, and make sense too, since they talk about how the Hutts were de aster but the Vong war, they could be trying to take a few systems for themselves. Plus if they did it like this, they really could make it simPly about a few systems, and maybe actually leave the galactic government in peace for a change.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:07 pm Reply with quote  

I'll third a Hutt threat book!!! Very Happy

And most definitely make that a military Hutt threat. In the Essential Guide to Warfare they teased us with some modern Hutt warships and the possibility of resurgent militancy among the Hutts as aftereffects of the Vong war. Jason Fry has already done the set up for a Hutt threat. We just need an author to jump on board for it and a push from the Del Rey.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Something else I would like to see, is a new Black Sun. I mean, with Karrde going straight, the Hutts taking a beating in the Vong war, and many pirate fleets bei wiped out during the Vong war as well, there is a major power vacuum in the criminal world! Plus just think of the stories they could pull out: a novel or two about it's rise, maybe a shadow games type novel about a minor/new character eating caught up in the danger, and finally the Jedi dealing with the organization.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Personally I would love a big role for Vestara going forward. I absolutely loved her "romance" with Ben and was gutted when she betrayed him for the last time.

A redeemed Vestara Khai as half of a partnership with Ben, would make an intriguing leading pair.

As well as a larger part for a slightly older Allana, and a Yoda-like (ESB) role for Luke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 2 of 2