The Official Thread of We Talk Clones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Very Happy

I haven't been able to listen to this podcast, or any, recently Sad. I've been so swamped with everything that I've a backlog of over a dozen podcasts. Needless to say, though, that once I get some free time I'll be tuning in, and will post my thoughts!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Hey Life .........
 PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

..... you'll love Carnage of Krell and our thoughts on the show.

Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hey, I always do! Smile .

Okay, thoughts on the show. Always fun that it starts off with a rant Razz. But I do get where you're coming from. The previews do seem to be getting less and less helpful, and quite annoying.

I was a little disappointed that the 'true enemy' turned out to be Krell. It may have just been my take on the show, but I'd always thought Krell was the bad guy. It may have been that bad comparison with the substitute teacher, in that kids probably think an annoying sub is automatically the bad guy, but the effect was the same.

But I absolutely loved this episode. As was stated on the podcast, it was more personal, I felt that, too, but it was more even this time, when compared to the other episodes in this arc, with about 50/50 action.

I did have a few complaints. It seemed a little too contrived that Palpidious took Anakin away to put Krell in place. For what purpose? To ensure Umbara stayed in the hands of the Separatists? It felt a little bare, in that respect. I'm hoping it's elaborated upon in future episodes, but I'm not holding my breath.

All in all, I am just in awe of Mr Baker. How he maintains that level of individualisation, and emotional impact I have no idea. He must have the memory of a ... er ... memorable thing. Laughing

Oh! And I don't think the firing squad may have necessarily chosen to have their helmets off, but maybe Rex ordered them to take their helmets off, so that they'd have that deeper connection to the prisoners, and thus not shoot them.

I do have another small complaint, and that's the death of Waxer. I have trouble telling the clones apart, so every time I learn which one's which, they die. First Echo, then Hardcase, now Waxer. I'm not bothering any more. I'm not taking that chance with Fives!

What was most surprising, for me, is that the graphics have been getting better and better, in this arc (and in the season as a whole) yet that improvement has taken a back step to the story. Being a big story guy, I'm very happy with that, it's just funny that the visuals weren't the centre of attention, for once.

I do have one last critique, one complaint, and that was the ending. It felt a little empty, for me. I really wish we could have seen that defence of the airbase, because that could have been a desperate, brilliant battle, instead of having it taken care of off screen.

As for rating, I absolutely loved this episode, and this arc is definitely one of my, if not the, favourites episode(s) of the entire show, but I'm going to hold off on giving it a 10, so I'm going to give it a 9.75 womprats, and have them dress up in clone armour and fight each other.

Again, as always, I thoroughly enjoyed the podcast, guys! It's a must listen to after the show.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Hey All.....
 PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:22 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

pulling out my beat-up soapbox

I'd like to put a out a request to all of the EUCantina / We Talk Clones faithful.

For past few months, the We Talk Clones podcast on iTunes has been stuck on 18, five star ratings. We also have not had a written review about our show since March of 2011.

While our Facebook page is slowly growing, it's at least picking up (hopefully) some kind of steam.

My challenge for those of you who listen to our show, please head on over to iTunes, or better yet pop on over to the Zune Marketplace, and rate us. All we ask is that you be honest and leave comments. Good, bad, mediocre, we can take it! The more we get reviewed, the more it will help Star Wars fans find us, which helps the show grow within the Star Wars community.

We want to thank you for listening to our show. Smile

Thank you. I'll be stepping off my soapbox now.

trips - sfx:CRASH sfx:cat meow sfx: aluminum cans

I'm good, nothing to see here. Just slipped, that's all Smile

Your Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hey!

Some good news and some bad news. ITunes was playing up for me, and it wouldn't accept my details, so I couldn't give you a review - however, I did manage to get my girlfriend to give you a five star rating on my behalf. Hope it helps Smile . I don't have a zune marketplace thing, but if I can figure out how to do it on that, I'll do so!

EDIT: I'm on zune, but I don't know how to find podcasts on zune. How do I go about it?

Last edited by Life Is The Path on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Thanks Life!!!!
 PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I hope you all don't take my soapbox the wrong way. I'm just trying to gauge how big our audience is.

Thanks you all for understanding in this

Your perplexed Uncle Kal

Hey all.....
 PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:53 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Yes, I know that I've said I would try to be a regular in the forums. As you can tell, that hasn't happened. Sad

But - I am here tonight to spread the word that our review of the Season 4 Episode 17 The Box has been posted on SoloSound. You can also find it on the Zune Marketplace and iTunes. Check it out and please leave a review of the show on either of those sites.

Or, head on over to Facebook, you can comment there to us directly.

I want to thank Nacni from Tosche Station Radio for being our guest on the episode.

Thanks for reading this post - good night.

The old man on this site (that's why I call myself Uncle) Uncle Kal

Hello All!
 PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Kal - here, letting you all know that I posted the We Talk Clones review of Crisis on Naboo. Check your feeds and let us know what you think here in this forum.

Your Kindly Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Loved the podcast! I just wanted to note something (actually, I had a few things, but I forgot the other two. I really should take notes!). The whole Naboo being in the Republic thing - I thought it was weird, so I did a little research on the Wook to see what really happened. It's never been stated, until this episode, when it joined the Republic. As you said, it was only until Darth Plagueis got involved that Naboo branched out into the wider galaxy. There was even a Republic senator for Naboo present during the time of the negotiations at the beginning of the novel.

On the whole, I loved this episode. It was also odd, because the architecture of Theed did seem a little different. Not a lot, but just enough for me to think, 'huh, that's a wee bit odd.' But it was good, though. Quite appealing, and very beautifully rendered.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

We Talk Clones interviewed The Clone Wars writer, Brent Friedman!

Quote:
Brent talks about how storylines are assigned to writers, provides a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Season Four’s ”Obi-Wan Undercover” arc, and even drops a few hints about the upcoming Season Five. This is an interview you won’t want to miss.

Listen here! http://www.solosound.net/wetalkclones/3555/

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Dancelittleewok wrote:
We Talk Clones interviewed The Clone Wars writer, Brent Friedman!

Quote:
Brent talks about how storylines are assigned to writers, provides a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Season Four’s ”Obi-Wan Undercover” arc, and even drops a few hints about the upcoming Season Five. This is an interview you won’t want to miss.

Listen here! http://www.solosound.net/wetalkclones/3555/

Thanks! We had a fantastic time recording the interview. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 6 of 6