What are you afraid of?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I sort of have a fear of heights. It's not so much the height, but rather a case of me not being too steady on my feet, and worried about slipping and falling. Besides, it's not the falling that kills you, but the sudden stop at the bottom.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:59 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I have massive stage fright. When I was younger I did piano for about 4-5 years. Anyone who takes lesson has to perform twice every year. I only performed twice in all that time because I would get so badly frightened that I would start throwing up. When I have to do school presentations I start shaking and sweating but it's been a few years since I've thrown up from it.

Other than that I don't have any major fears. I do have a mild fear of heights, snakes and spiders but nothing major.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Heights. Living alone. I was terrified of dolls when I was little.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I have a funny thing with heights; I think I'm scared of them, terrified even, but I love them. Looking over the edge to a massive drop is awesome, and terrifying. But I love it.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Drowning. I'm cool with water and swimming, weirdly.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

When looking over the edge down a long way, I'm always afraid someone will grab my legs from behind and toss me over.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quote  

Life Is The Path wrote:
it's not the falling that kills you, but the sudden stop at the bottom.

This is the most brilliant description of falling from heights ever.

I never thought about it that way before but it does make sense. As the number of people who like parachuting or jump off diving boards into water far below demonstrate the falling part can be fun, it's the going splat part we all want to avoid.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not a real fear, but I think, I fear I'm gonna lose my job starting Monday. Today was somekind of a corperate meating and they asked me to come. I spoke my mind.

I told them that my (have inforemed her first) CO she, to me is a whore and an idiot who will dimonish 20 years of good work. (no loyalty, even than was ever present). And I've said that each and every member of the board is a fuckface I can bearly tolatate. That I could do a better job by my self.
I'm sure they liked it.
I'm sure I'm fired

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

DId you say it in those words? Or was it more...implied, shall we say? Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^EU Cantina has the polite version, lets leave it at that. But the board is full of people who like to say the F word, every single chance they get. What I called them is probably a minor insult to them. When I told them, what I think of my "belowed CO" is what they have to compute and decide the best course of action for the future of the firm. She was directly put into this position by the board and me calling them idiots and more for it, well I don't think anyone likes to be called an incompetent idiot. I regret nothing what I've said, regardless of the outcome it will bring.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well here is the outcome of it all. The meeting was quite calm and polite and only the main two "big kahunas", which I can actually stand and myself were present.: I've got a pat on the shoulder and a "you've got balls kid". They are to "promote" me to a job I already have. Shocked I'm to be personally responsible for my team (again, I already am). I no longer have to report to my current boss (she is an angel, unlike the CO/manager, who only ever helped me, so no gain here). Both I and the CO/manager (and a couple of others that are not in my department) get a 20% pay reduction, which is terminated immediately, if we bring results.

All in all I'm just happy to still have my job, even if the pay sucks like Sith from now on (wasn't big to begin with).

And nobody can say I have a fear of my superiors, since I've kinda hijacked and derailed this thread. Razz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Well, I'm not sure whether to give commiserations at the reduction or congratulations for surviving! So ... Congratumiserations!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:05 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
Well, I'm not sure whether to give commiserations at the reduction or congratulations for surviving! So ... Congratumiserations!

I can say it no better myself. Congratumiserations! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

List of things I'm afraid of:

1. Dying
2. Snakes
3. Getting reprimanded by anyone older than me (that includes anyone)
4. Heights

I'm supposed to be the brave one in the family and I'm known for being "fearless". But they all know I'm afraid of heights. It's not actually the height that scares me, it's the fact of someone that I care for can get killed by falling off. I mean, I will gladly go bungee jumping off a bridge but if someone I know slides down the banister I just cover my eyes and pray to God that they won't fall off.
I mean a guy in my school fell about one story when he tried to slide down the banister. He was like dead for five minutes until someone kicked him in the ribs and he started breathing again. He was immediately rushed to the hospital. Nothing serious except a few breaks in his face and his lungs was bruised.
Now every time me and my friends walk down those stairs a silence falls as if one word might break the stairs...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Lobsters! I know I know not that scary, but they are like the roaches of the ocean!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 4