Celebration 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:
It depends. There are a lot of private sellers. The official show merchandise is a tad expensive.

Yeah, make sure to look for the private sellers... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm gonna go to CVI on Saturday the 25th. Anyone else gonna make an appearance on that day? I know I'm gonna attend the screenings of Empire and Jedi! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote  

I'll be there all four days. Look for the guy in a Roqoo Depot t-shirt Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I hope to see you both, Joe and Skuldren! Joe - I will be at the screenings for both of those films as well! I'll be wearing the EUC Childhood Literacy shirt that day (here).

Skuls, we'll be eating at Red Lobster (right across the street) on Friday night. You're welcome to join us!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll be wearing this shirt. Can't wait! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:29 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Sadly it's pretty dark and crowded in there during the films. Won't be easy to spot anyone. Do you know of any other panels you'll attend Saturday?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll probably attend the second session of the Star Wars 3D panel. I haven't made a complete schedule yet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote  

I'm seriously considering Randy Stradley and Ryder Windham's pith helmet event. I have one and it might be fun. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There is going to be a panel on custom toys. Wish I could go for that and also would love to meet the people from here who will be there.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Anyone going to the first session of the Attack of the Clones 3D sneak peak on Saturday?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote  

I don't like 3D so I planned on skipping them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So Celebration VI officially starts tomorrow! Have fun early birds!

I won't be joining the party till Saturday. Hope to meet some of you there!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I wish I could've went this year. /:

Perhaps next year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, I went to CVI on Saturday, and I must say, it was amazing! Very Happy

Saw Anthony Daniels and Dennis Muren walking in the almost-empty OCCC lobby, which was a great start to the day! My dad and I proceded to wait in the "queue" (stupid system they had going, IMO) for the Clone Wars panel. Once we got there, we saw exclusive clips of Onderon, Anakin's Bedroom, a stupid comet storm scene with the droids and an organic action figure, the rogue Republic Commando, and the Maul-Oppress tag team being sent to the Black Sun. After that, Dave Filoni introduced a special guest, who turned out to be George Lucas! The crowd went insane! After some discussion with GL, they showed the Season 5 trailer, and ended the panel. Even though I think the show is stupid, I'm glad I went to that panel! Smile

After the Clone Wars panel, I met OMB and we talked for a few minutes, he then gave me a "A Force for Childhood Literacy" refrigerator magnet and he had to leave to cover more panels. It was a pleasure getting to see you, OMB! Smile

Next, I went to the "Attack of the Clones 3D" panel which was held in the same room. Dennis Muren and John Knoll of ILM explained the 3D conversion process, and really gave an example on how labor-intensive it is. They proceded to show a 3-minute montage of scenes from AotC that have been post-converted. I must say that the footage was magnificent and the 3D effect was definitely more pronounced than in TPM (and I even loved the 3D in that). I feel this will please the less depth-perceptive who thought TPM was too flat will enjoy this. Dennis Muren went on to show a demo of different slides from the movie, and gave visual examples on how they went and post-converted every frame. It was very interesting and I actually enjoyed it more than the Clone Wars panel. And most of all, it actually got me excited to see Attack of the Clones... Shocked

We then went on to see "In the Cutting Room" with Ben Burtt. The panel was pretty boring at first with a simple powerpoint presentation, but it got interesting when he showed us examples of his "makeshift" edits where he changed parts of the raw footage before sending it off to ILM. The highlight of the show was one of the original versions of the Grievous chase in RotS. It was completely rendered, and showed some of the original ideas, like Grievous using his wheel bike to run over traffic and crash through a running train. The ending was quite different than the final cut. Grievous' chest was originally going to house his brain. With that idea, they had Obi-Wan come and rip his brain out and then shoot it, which was what killed Grievous. Burtt himself said that the scene was "quite sadistic". Laughing I left the panel once they got to Q&A.

My dad and I went to Denny's for lunch after our little stint of panel-going, and I had a wonderful meal of blueberry pancakes.

We went back to the OCCC, and we spent quite a bit of time on the show floor. I got a few action figures from the private sellers. After that we just walked around and checked out all the booths they had there. It was pretty interesting but I got a bit claustraphobic in those crowds... Laughing

The highlights of the show, though, were the theatrical screenings of ESB and RotJ. We went in the digital theater a little early and caught the tail end of The Smuggler's Gambit, and got to see people like Daniel Logan, Tom Kane, Ashley Eckstein, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter, and Sam Witwer (!!!). They pulled off their parts pretty well, and it was fun to see those guys in person. Once the theatrical screenings came on though, it was a totally different experience. It was absolutely wonderful! The crowd would burst into applause the first time a character would make an appearance (or in Boba Fett's case, his first five appearances... Laughing ). there was also clapping and cheering every time a famous line was said ("I know." "I am your father" and "It's a trap!" just to name a few...). It was really fun being able to see the films with many other Star Wars fans. I'll definitely be aiming to do this again when CVII comes around the corner!

Overall, it was wonderful, and I definitely feel I got my money's worth! I'd love to get a 4-day pass and a hotel room when CVII comes, but we'll see I guess. I am optimistic though. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sounds like a good time. Cool

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 5 of 6