Skyrim
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Ok, I was just watching Bones, the first TV I've watched in months. It was an episode about a hoarder. During the course of the show, someone said "He wanted to take it all home with him. It was all junk, but he thought it was treasure"

COME ON!!! Wink

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Just thought I'd share this - It's a perk calculator for Skyrim. Tells you what level you need to be to get all the perks you want etc.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote  

After long months of playing absolutely no Skyrim, I have now dived back in. Of course I couldn't resist starting over, this time as a dark elf, and after a week, I'm already the head of the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood.

First time doing the Dark Brotherhood, too. I really like the jester hat. Very Happy

Funny thing is, I haven't even done the new Dawnguard stuff yet. Everyone keeps telling me to go join up, but I'm too busy doing other stuff. The random vampire attacks at night were cool at first, but then one attacked Riften and killed the Argonian jewelry guy. Crying or Very sad

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote  

I read this on a Skyrim Forum.

Quote:
My main priority is always to collect 500 cabbages. After that I find the tallest waterfall I can, then dump them all of and see how far they can go. The one special cabbage that makes it farthest I take. I save that cabbage until I find a good apple. I then proceed to make apple cabbage stew. Finally I eat that stew during my final glorious battle with alduin.

Can anyone top that?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Wow. That's pretty cool! The only thing I did was to play trick shot hoops with a cabbage and a bucket. I got the idea from the Achievement Hunter guys. It needs the telekinesis thing, and you place your bucket in weird places, and try to telekinetically throw the cabbage into the bucket by bouncing it off of surfaces.

http://ah.roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=4509&v=more
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote  

those guys looked so happy on that last trick shot location when they finally nailed it. I'm not sure whether I found making the shot more entertaining or the video of them celebrating. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote  

Finally got the crossbow and started slaying vampires. Pretty fun. I need to enchant this baby with some fire damage to make it really effective. Only bad thing is the rate of fire is a little slow. Otherwise it packs a pretty good wallop and I like the instant flight path of the bolt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I really like the jester hat. Very Happy

Unless you have the right patch, items of that nature actually work against the player by increasing the chance of being detected.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I just started a new playthrough as a female Breton mage. She's primarily a support character, who's main skills are Conjuration and Restoration, with Illusion and Destruction as Secondary. Her background is a scholar from High Rock with a fascination with the other "planes," like Oblivion and Aetherius. She was in the Imperial city studying the Dwemer, and read about the significance of the Dwemer in Skyrim. While crossing the border into Skyrim, she got caught in an Imperial ambush and got mistaken for a Stormcloak and you know the rest.

I'm only getting Restoration perks and the Conjuration Atromancy perks. Also, I'm trying to recruit as many followers as I can (I've never used followers before), and use spells like Healing Hands, Heal Other and Courage. If it goes to plan, I should be able to have three followers, two Atronachs/Dremora and me. One of my rules is no weapons. At all. I'm only allowed to use magic. However, I am allowed to use Bound Weapons. I'm gonna try to level up Smithing and Enchanting to get make weapons for my followers.

I'm doing hardcore mode, where I play on Master difficulty, disable the HUD and only have one save. I try to sleep at night and not use the Wait function. I also try not to use the back button at all, and try to judge the time by where the sun is.

So far I'm level 4 and have recruited Uthgerd the Unbroken. Also, I'm doing something I haven't before in any of my playthroughs: I'm selling stuff. I take everything off everyone I kill and sell it off or give to my follower(s). This is mostly to pay for new spells and in case I come across a good set of robes. At the moment I'm just using Novice Robes and Novice Hood. I'm probably going to join the College of Winterhold, just to get access to the spell tome sellers. I'm going to try to recruit Mjoll the Lioness and Kharjo next.

I'm going to save up to buy Vlindrel Hall, what with it's links to the Dwemer, and it has lots of rooms, so it makes a good place for someone with lots of followers. I'm going to collect as many Dwemer items, and metals and put them on display, and collect any books relating to the Dwemer and the Daedra.

Edit: I meant recruiting J'zargo, not Kharjo.

And doing a bit of the CoW quest, and in Saarthal, I didn't realise that bit where you're in a circle room, there's a massive pit below and an, uh, anti-pit above you lined with coffins! Amazing!

Nordic Ruins are easier now that I'm actually using the Turn Undead Spells.

And I forgot to say; I can't fast travel. I can use the carts, however. And if I was on PC, I'd find a mod that made it so that accessing the menu (Skills, Magic, Items, Map) didn't stop time, so I'd have to let my followers handle themselves while I sorted out what spells, or rely heavily on favourites.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was reading and reminiscing about all those fun game glitches. Who can forget rain of mammoths?

It almost makes up for all the awful, permanent game killing ones.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Cracked did an article on game glitches recently. Which included an awesome video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-wZh4FyrWg
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 21 of 21