Star Wars: First Assault
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars: First Assault
 PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote  

Fusible and IGN are reporting that Lucasfilm registered trademarks and domain names for "Star Wars: First Assault." New video game on the horizon?

Link: http://fusible.com/2012/08/star-wars-first-assault-trademarks-filed-for-interactive-video-games-and-more/

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The last two times people speculated about a random name that LFL trademarked we were terribly wrong. Nobody had any clue what 1313 was, and I remember reading that people thought Star Wars Identities was a video game.

They will announce this soon, I imagine. What's the next video game event; is it PAX? Or did that recently pass?
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote  

Maybe a reboot of the X-Wing/TIE Fighter franchise? First Assault could theoretically refer to either the first major operation by the Alliance or the first major attack by the Vong.

It could also be a Republic Commando spin-off. Play from the eyes of a Alliance Special Forces soldier for example.

All of course wishful thinking on my part of great games that really should get brought back.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Maybe a reboot of the X-Wing/TIE Fighter franchise? First Assault could theoretically refer to either the first major operation by the Alliance or the first major attack by the Vong.

It could also be a Republic Commando spin-off. Play from the eyes of a Alliance Special Forces soldier for example.

All of course wishful thinking on my part of great games that really should get brought back.

I'm reminded that they once considered making a new Rogue Squadron game for the Wii, but that that got dropped.

Maybe it's a Rogue Squadron-style game (set in the early Rebellion or the NJO era) for the Wii U?
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

First Assault sounds a lot like something you'd do on the ground, rather in the air. Say, on a battlefront ...
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
First Assault sounds a lot like something you'd do on the ground, rather in the air. Say, on a battlefront ...

Star Wars Battlefront: First Assault

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote  

Life Is The Path wrote:

True. It could also be a reference to elite or special forces units. The "first in" type units who lead the assault. It would be pretty cool to have an Alliance (or Imperial) Special Forces game or a game that focuses the Star Wars version of paratroopers. If 1313 shows a new direction of making more mature games they could expand on the "gritier" combat started by Republic Commando by making a mature game that still keeps to the spirit of Star Wars.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:40 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/10/01/star-wars-first-assault-outed.aspx

This on the front EUC page as well. Looks to me like a ground based FPS or combat strategy.

Shame it seems to be an xbox exclusive.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It seems to be a "lite" arcade title. Hopefully it gets released on PSN.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ehhhhhhhhh I had hope for something alittle more than a xbl game, but I guess they have their guns drawn on 1313 being the main SW title of the year. Either way worth keeping an eye on

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Well, I'm not too big a fan of Arcade games, but if the price is right, I might be tempted. It would scratch an itch that I've been having.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

EP Daily reported on this yesterday (they always seem to be a few days behind lol). They said that there was speculation that it might be in the same vein as the Rebel Assault games.

Those weren't great games for more hardcore gamers. But they were good arcade-action titles. For those who never played them, they were rail-shooters, where you were behind the cockpit (usually, sometimes behind the ship, or behind your character on foot) and had to shoot wave after wave of enemies to get through a stage. They were story-based (with Rebel Assault I being a weird re-hash of Episode IV, while Rebel Assault II had its own unique story). The problem I had with them was the arcade mechanics: one shot killed any stormtrooper or TIE Fighter, but your ship could take a heck of a beating before going down (this was at the same time as the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games came out, with more realistic, balanced, and reasonable mechanics).

They also said it might be in the style of Battlefront.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm not getting my hopes up for this one, maybe it'll be alright.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:58 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

1313 is going to be where its at, but this could be a filler untill then

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:39 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up. Smile

Page 1 of 2