New Post FOTJ Trilogy Announced: SWORD OF THE JEDI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Honestly, I found Ascension rather boring. I had to start it three different times over a period of about 8 months. I really liked Omen and Allies, though. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm on the fence. While I enjoyed Golden's stuff. I worry for the EU when a next gen character finally gets their due and its given to a newer author. I feel it's a lot of weight on the author- for if they screw up the character is the one who will suffer. the powers will consider the failing the character's and not make more of those book.

I just hope that's not going to be the case- I hope for a solid series. Very much looking forward to it!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I don't consider the Sword Of The Jedi thing to be a prophecy. But rather a title and calling, so to speak. It doesn't mean that she'll be doing all the major fights the Jedi are in, but rather that she'll always be on to put herself on the front lines. That she won't sit back and let others do the work. And in my opinion, that's exactly what they've done with her since that happened. Luke might have been the one to kill Shimraa and the dark Jedi in the Dark Nest trilogy, but Jaina was the one Jedi, other then Zekk, that refused to leave the fight in the first book and was always in the forefront in the other two. She just couldn't let others be there unless she was too. In Legacy of the Force, she put herself in Jacen's path. She didn't like it, but didn't want anyone else to have to go up against him. In Fate of the Jedi, she's the one who tried to fight Dalaa with her hidden group of Jedi, she's the one who flew off to help Luke against the Sith, she's the one who stayed with Luke and Corran during the final book despite the fact they all expected to die.

That's what being the Sword of the Jedi means in my opinion. Not some prophecy saying she'll be the one to do all the fighting, but rather saying that she'll be there for the fighting because that's who she is.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Werehunter wrote:
I don't consider the Sword Of The Jedi thing to be a prophecy. But rather a title and calling, so to speak. It doesn't mean that she'll be doing all the major fights the Jedi are in, but rather that she'll always be on to put herself on the front lines. That she won't sit back and let others do the work. And in my opinion, that's exactly what they've done with her since that happened. Luke might have been the one to kill Shimraa and the dark Jedi in the Dark Nest trilogy, but Jaina was the one Jedi, other then Zekk, that refused to leave the fight in the first book and was always in the forefront in the other two. She just couldn't let others be there unless she was too. In Legacy of the Force, she put herself in Jacen's path. She didn't like it, but didn't want anyone else to have to go up against him. In Fate of the Jedi, she's the one who tried to fight Dalaa with her hidden group of Jedi, she's the one who flew off to help Luke against the Sith, she's the one who stayed with Luke and Corran during the final book despite the fact they all expected to die.

That's what being the Sword of the Jedi means in my opinion. Not some prophecy
saying she'll be the one to do all the fighting, but rather saying that she'll be there for
the fighting because that's who she is.

That's beautiful. Haha but seriously that's pretty much my opinion. The Sword of the Jedi isn't like being the Chosen One, it's more like Luke being "the only hope." He simply had the power, and the personality, that he was going to be involved the coming conflict, not because he was pre-destined, but because that's who he was.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Werehunter wrote:

That's what being the Sword of the Jedi means in my opinion. Not some prophecy saying she'll be the one to do all the fighting, but rather saying that she'll be there for the fighting because that's who she is.

That's a good description. I don't see any discrepencies with this and the way she's been portrayed in LotF and FotJ.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:04 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Did anyone here attend the Del Rey panel at C6 where this was announced.

There was a GORGEOUS girl there in a Jaina costume.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It was a great panel, she did look super excited huh?

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:42 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Agreed, fantastic panel, I wish there had have been more novel based panels.

And she was very excited.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote  

Her name is Shea Standefer. Fangirlblog did an interview with her.

Link: http://fangirlblog.com/2012/09/interview-shea-standefer/

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Thanks for that.

She doesn't look as hot as I remember, still great costume.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 4