Relationships (or lack thereof)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Please say you have a whip, Salaris. If you don't, I'll...I'll.....make one and mail it to you. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Please say you have a whip, Salaris. If you don't, I'll...I'll.....make one and mail it to you. Wink

I have one that we never use anymore, this could happen, he can borrow it long-term!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:28 am Reply with quote  

I do not have a whip...yet. As I say to those who ask "I get it when I get my Ph.D." Thus far people like the idea of the whip being a symbol that I have a Ph.D. Rest assured I will put the whip on display next to the Ph.D. (when of course I have no need of it in the field Wink )

I have on several occasions while wearing my fedora and a Indy style shirt had random people start whistling the Raiders March. I'm pretty sure though that they had no idea that I was a real archaeologist Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ok, I just want to say that I found this amusing out of context. I opened the newest page of the "Relationships" thread, and saw people calling for Salaris to own a whip, and offers to send him one.

Without knowing the bit about archaeology, this was hilarious out of context Smile

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:50 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I am not even part of this conversation, and I am embarrassed. Not saying I didn't read it out of context myself, though! *ahem*

Embarassed

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote  

Taral-DLOS wrote:

Ok, I just want to say that I found this amusing out of context. I opened the newest page of the "Relationships" thread, and saw people calling for Salaris to own a whip, and offers to send him one.

Without knowing the bit about archaeology, this was hilarious out of context Smile

After reading this I reread the page and out of context even I found it rather hilarious. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Even in the right context, the fact that we all instantly thought an archaeologist without a whip just does not feel right! That's funny!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I just died laughing. Lord. Laughing

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

All your minds are in the gutter! (this in no way means I didn't see the same thing out of context, just pointing it out Wink )

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:50 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

It's not what guys are wearing but how they wear it. Guys I know would rather be slapped in the face than wear a suit and tie - and it shows. What's important is confidence.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Are you open to an open relationship?

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@DLE: 1. I love wearing suits. Its classy, its comfortable, and it allows one to blend in and out of situations seemlessly.

2. No, open relationships are not really healthy relationships. I'm not into sharing. If she wants someone else she better be breaking up with me (and doing it before she gets into someone else).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm fine with open relationships, but of course it should be based upon an upfront agreement from all parties. The excuse that it could be difficult is a cop out, what real relationship isn't?

I think it's unrealistic and potentially unhealthy to act like a person is incapable of being attracted to more than one person. You can be physically attracted to a person and not emotionally connected, and vice versa. Sure it's best when both things are present, but I see them as being two distinct things. That's part of the idea behind an open relationship: that people can feel different things for different people.

The other part is letting go of ego. That sounds egotistical, but it's as simple as that. My relationship with a person is between us; it has nothing to do with other people. If I care about a person and they care about me, even if I had zero interest in being with other people I don't think that I should dictate their relationships with other people, just as long as ours was based on sincerity and honesty. Putting aside your own wants as paramount to be able to accommodate someone else's is what any relationship should be, whether monogamous or not.

Not being able to hold a commitment to another person is unhealthy, but so is viewing another person as something that belongs to you.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Open relationships should be no more or less healthy than any other, as long as there is consent and good reason. If one partner requires more than the other is willing or able to give (e.g. a particularly odd kink), or if you and your partner have a wonderful companionate relationship but are sexually incompatible, or if they just want to have fun, then there's no worry.

I'm partial (on paper) to Dan Savage's "monogamish" plan. You are monogamous, but there are certain, very specific scenarios where you can have something on the side.

I myself however could never do it. I'd be all insecure and jealous and it wouldn't work at all.

But Caedus, there's nothing intrinsically unhealthy about an open relationship, it's just not something that you (or I) could go for.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Its not even that I consider it wrong or anything, but I'm not into sharing. I don't believe I own anyone, but if I'm going to commit to a person in a relationship I'm going to commit. If there's a level its not working on then either we work on it or admit it isn't working, we shouldn't have to outsource pieces of the relationship. That isn't dating, its friends with benefits. If something isn't compatible in the relationship it just isn't, and perhaps it should be considered that you should re-enter the dating pool and see if you can find someone compatible. I don't have the jealousy or insecurity, I'm not really backwards, but it just isn't something I'd be behind in a relationship. If it isn't working for a reason or someone needs something on the side then they can find someone else, no hard feelings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 8 of 14