Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

No, I wasn't saying they were okay. I know it sounded that way, because I was frustrated. I do not believe they are okay. Not if the players went out there with intent to hurt someone. But if the bounties were just to give an incentive to play harder, that's different. The NFL is spinning it one way, the players are spinning it another. Who do we believe? The NFL has not provided one shred of evidence, despite multiple requests by the NFLPA. Also, you say Vilma put up $10,000. Says who? The NFL? Vilma says he did no such thing:

"I never paid, or intended to pay, $10,000, or any amount of money, to any player for knocking Kurt Warner, Brett Favre or any other player out of the 2009 Divisional playoff game, 2010 NFC Championship Game or any other game.

I never set out to intentionally hurt any player and never enticed any teammate to intentionally hurt another player. I also never put any money into a bounty pool or helped to create a bounty pool intended to pay out money for injuring other players. I have always conducted myself in a professional and proud manner."

So who are we believing? I apologize if it sounded like I was saying a bounty system such as the NFL suggests we had was okay. It would not be. What I meant to imply when saying it wasn't a big deal is that everyone is making this into a HUGE scandal of which we have absolutely no proof. Where is the evidence that Vilma put out $10,000 with the intent to hurt someone? He says he didn't. Where is the evidence that this caused the Saints to hit harder? There isn't any, because players hit hard ANYWAY. Like I said about the 49ers game. That was a dirty hit. It wasn't inspired by a bounty, supposedly, but it happened. How are the bounties the cause of hard hits? That would mean the salaries of every defensive player is a bounty! I am frustrated because everyone is pointing to every questionable play by a Saint in 2009-2011 and saying, "Look, that was the result of a bounty! Shame on them!" Except nobody points to the same type of hits by other teams and says the same. "Oh, look, Suh slammed a guy's head into the ground three times and then stomped on him. But that's okay, because it wasn't part of a bounty system. We'll only suspend him two games." Do you see what I mean? People are retroactively pinning EVERYTHING on the bounties. Just like you suddenly said the Saints only won because of the bounties. How can you possibly prove that? It's incredibly frustrating. The Saints played well, but suddenly it's all about the bounties. That's what I meant. Not that they're an okay thing, but that they ARE NOT the cause of all these things that happened. Or at least that there is no evidence. My team says one thing, Roger Goodell says another. Who am I supposed to believe with no released evidence from Goodell? If he has so much of it, why is he afraid to show it to the NFLPA?

You can understand why I'm upset. One day our team is proud of a Super Bowl win. We played amazingly. Nothing about a bounty in any way, shape or form helped us beat the Colts that day. Yet now we're being blasted by the country because the only way we could have won that Super Bowl was by cheating. That hurts! Especially when no one has any proof that particular plays were caused by bounties. Take Kurt Warner's comment. So you say it's still wrong because they shouldn't have done it. Granted. But Kurt says they did nothing illegal. Football is a violent sport, people are going to get hurt. So if they had gone after Kurt the same way, legally, without a bounty system in place, then I guess that would be okay? See...now it's all part of the bounties. Had there been no bounty system, most of those plays would have been legal. Yet now that there was a bounty system, they are not. That's almost as incredible as saying, "It's legal to turn right on red, but not if someone paid you money to do it. Now you must be arrested." If a play is legal, it is legal. Regardless of why it was played. Frustrated, yes. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Go Cowboys!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

How bout them Cowboys! Superbowl champions nothin.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mad Wook wrote:
How bout them Cowboys! Superbowl champions nothin.

Congrats on beating a team that went into the preseason 8-8 lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm very confused. We beat the Giants, the Superbowl champs......

The Giants had a 13-7 season after winning the bowl.

I think Cowboys fans should be damn proud of their team.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mad Wook wrote:
I'm very confused. We beat the Giants, the Superbowl champs......

The Giants had a 13-7 season after winning the bowl.

I think Cowboys fans should be damn proud of their team.

Oops, I meant to say that the Giants had a 9-7 record going into the POST-season, not preseason.

Also, take my Cowboys ribbing with a grain of salt. Where I come from, they're pretty much the most hated thing around. We'll see how well they play when my team heads to Dallas on Thanksgiving day.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

A 'Skins fan huh? Well, good luck with that. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

@Zero: Well, I must admit your team looks a lot better than mine at the moment. But I shall remain faithful to my team. Geaux Saints! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Go Packers!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

*pulls paper bag over head*

I'll just be over here. Sobbing.

*weeps quietly in the corner*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
*pulls paper bag over head*

I'll just be over here. Sobbing.

*weeps quietly in the corner*

I wish I could say sorry... BUT HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Why did the Colts pick Luck over RG3 again?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

Go bears!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Why, Saints? Why do you torture me so? Sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

If your team lost today, pat yourself on the back because you're not the Chiefs. If our team wins, it's a surprise. Losing is expected.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 16 of 17