What's your LEAST favorite Alien Species from the movies?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I thought all bats can see?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote  

Why do you need two eyes to be a predator? How do you explain one-eyed pirates?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:

Having two eyes is what gives us depth perception. The stereo vision we get from two eyes is computed into a 3D image in our head. People with one eye tend to have problems with depth perception.

Predator species tend to have both eyes in front of their face (like we do), to take advantage of that depth perception (to know exactly where their prey is, how far away, etc.). Prey species tend to have their eyes far apart or on their sides; they have less need for depth and instead need a wide field of view to see predators.

A predator who does not know how far away his next meal is will not have a good time of catching it.

Also, regarding your pirate point, recent evidence (explored by the Mythbusters) showed that most pirates who wore eyepatches weren't one-eyed, but were taking advantage of the night-vision effect of covering one eye at all times. If they needed depth perception, they could probably remove the patch for a bit. But regardless, when I use the word "Predator", I mean in terms of nature (animals who catch and eat other animals) and not sociology (a person who preys on the weak).
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't like Vurvians.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070527022012/starwars/images/9/93/Vuvrian_AA.jpg
First time I saw this I was like. Shocked What tha....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ahhhhhh! I almost fell of my chair when I saw that pic! Shocked

Now, I got to admit, that is faaaaar worse than any Hutt! I'm with you Hogy, Vurvians must now be my least favorite star wars character!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hahaha, wow. That looks like it went through the transporter wrong. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote  

The Ultimate Alien Anthology artwork was better.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

Having two eyes is what gives us depth perception. The stereo vision we get from two eyes is computed into a 3D image in our head. People with one eye tend to have problems with depth perception.

I'm actually half blind in one eye, so this explains why I can't see 3D.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 4 of 4