Star Wars Live-Action Series Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's just...wow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:02 am Reply with quote  

Quote:
Rot in Boboqueequee!
<- Favorite. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Personally I like kriffing the best....but I always enjoyed Anakin Skywalker cursing in Tatooine(or you could call them jibes)
_______________--
Im just hoping fr tons of lightsaber action=D

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Casting is underway! Personally, I don't like the no-Jedi idea. It has happened that Star Wars can be without Skywalkers, but without even Jedi? The only exception I can think of is a story about Mandos.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I have to disagree. Star Wars includes at the very least an entire galaxy! And it's far, far away, mind you. There are more than Jedi and Skywalkers to be found. I think they could make an extremely interesting series focusing on the less spotlighted characters we are rarely shown. Think of a more intense series, focusing on deeper issues than just Light Side vs. Dark Side. We've been told stories about major group after major group (Jedi, Sith, Mandalorians, Imperials, Yuuzhan Vong), but as much as I love all of these groups, what about those we never see? I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the MedStar duology. It told us about the medics...the ones who patched everybody up! And I thought it was just brilliant.

So...I'm very excited about this series, and I just hope they handle it well. Oh, this may be very old news, but I've heard that Anthony Daniels will be in for C-3PO and Daniel Logan will play Boba Fett. That Daniel Logan bit is rather rumored, but has anyone heard the same? Or perhaps a contradiction regarding such?

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:09 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I know he's wanted to for awhile and it makes sense to me. If they do it in this period, they could also use TFU characters such as Starkiller. Now, he's not a Jedi, he's a Sith, and I could see him working with bounty hunters for his first missions. Just because Vader isn't seen doesn't mean he's not heard.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote  

I'm just about Jedi'ed out. I'm ready to hear some stories about awesome smugglers like Han and Chewie, rogue adventurers, mercenaries, bounty hunters, and gangsters. People like Jabba the Hutt, Fett, Dengar, Zuckuss, IG-88, 4-LOM, Han, Chewie, Dash Rendar, Xixor, these are people without the Force but no less interesting. I'd love to see stories about people like this in the show. I think it would be very entertaining.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am really looking forward to seeing the other side of star wars. And we know it works too, I mean some of the best episodes in the Clone Wars had no jedi in them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh... okay. I guess it is just me then. I do hope Bob'ika gets a lot of screen time. That would make it all worth while.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think the more detached they make the show from any previous work the better. I think all the other material - movies, books, etc will carry a lot of expectations with the fans. Basically the less existing material, the less room for disappointment. That's just me though. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

No, no I get what all of you are saying. I'm just wondering how long a non-Jedi TV show can last. Though I agree Han Solo is great I wouldn't want a movie (or TV show) with just him. A book's a little different.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote  

Did they say somewhere no Jedi? I mean, once Lucas starts getting into it, we're bound to see a lightsaber pop up somewhere...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh I am sure there will be jedi to some extent, as Order 66 didnt kill them all off. I just think the show wont be based around them as the movies and most books seem to be.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was on Wookieepedia today and I'm feeling a little more optimistic. It looks like it will have loads of characters in it and it won't focus on a little group like I thought.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm...well whaddya know. Seems they've gotten it moving after all. I wonder when it'll be released?

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 6