Dealing with a Bad Breakup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:20 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Been through a bad breakup and it took me awhile to get over because when we broke up I was still in love with her. However one thing to do that I didn't do is stop dwelling on past memories with your ex, everyone I think when they first breakup tends to think of the should haves and could haves.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just thought I'd drop an update for anyone still interested. Was doing really well until the last couple days. Today it kind of peaked and I've been falling apart again. Hoping it'll be outta my system in time for work tomorrow. I'm 22 tomorrow. Maybe she'll call to say hi.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Try not to think about them. That's the best advice you can follow. It's darn near impossible I know, but it helps.

Hope your B-day's a good'n!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:32 pm Reply with quote  

I hope you have a great b-day.

I'd also recommend staying away from thinking too much about "will she call on my b-day?" While you'll be super happy (hopefully) if she does call you run the risk of feeling even worse if she doesn't call or if the call doesn't go well. The last thing you need is to feel like crap on your birthday because something you were hoping for didn't happen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, focus on your b-day, not if she calls. If she does, great. If not, you'll be focused elsewhere. Besides, your just 22 man. You just need to focus on having a good time with your friends. Someday, when you get old like me(almost 39), you'll wonder why you ever stressed so much over this. Beleive me. Been there a couple of heart broken time over.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:17 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yes we have all been there. it will get better friend.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Its actually beyond better now. I realized I never thanked anyone for the support so to you all: Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Had a crappy breakup! He was so nice, but stupid as I am, I fell for all of the crap he told me. A friend of mine (and of him) looked into our relationship (While we were still together) and told me that he's a player, he would just hurt me.
I believed her, he was acting a bit fishy lately.
Strangely enough, a few minutes after I had talked to my friend, he just told me lets be friends. I think she had chewed him out for cheating on me before she had told me. It still hurts like hell though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Sorry to hear this Greek, but don't sweat it the next opportunity is always right around the corner. Besides The force was weak with that one anyway Right?!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

GreekGirl wrote:
Had a crappy breakup! He was so nice, but stupid as I am, I fell for all of the crap he told me. A friend of mine (and of him) looked into our relationship (While we were still together) and told me that he's a player, he would just hurt me.
I believed her, he was acting a bit fishy lately.
Strangely enough, a few minutes after I had talked to my friend, he just told me lets be friends. I think she had chewed him out for cheating on me before she had told me. It still hurts like hell though.

If he's gonna treat you like a plaything, then he's not worth it. There are plenty of guys out there who will love AND respect you. Trust me. I hope you feel better soon.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:34 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thanks for all your support guys! I really appreciate it, and I already feel better. Wallowing in your sorrows for about an hour really helps Wink After that (and half a chocolate) I felt much better!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Guys are jerks. I am one, but that doesn't mean its not true. There are others out there though, and the nice ones really aren't as rare as most people think.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Very Happy Thanks Caedus_16 , I hope you're right about the nice ones not being so rare!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lol I've learned recently from several of my female friends that at our age its not our personality that matters so much. My friends are some of the nicest guys on the face of this earth, but they aren't 6.5 feet tall with 6-packs and sadly these days that's pretty much checkmate till they're 30. But nice guys are everywhere, you just have to spend time getting to know them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Lol. But I'm different. Good looks is also what I want in a guy, but I mostly focus on personality. Once again thanks you for the help and advice!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 2 of 4