Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

When people say "I love starwars" but they don't! The situation: at work SW came up, guy says he loves SW, I get all excited "finally someone at work to talk the Wars with!" wrong....... He hadn't even seen ROTS ever! Conversation was over, my point I guess is I wish there was a term or saying one could say to determine if u REALY like SW or have just seen it and enjoyed it. Does this ever happen to anyone?

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

"Who is Thrawn?" If they give an appropriately detailed response, you have a winner. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

1337Jedi wrote:
When people say "I love starwars" but they don't! The situation: at work SW came up, guy says he loves SW, I get all excited "finally someone at work to talk the Wars with!" wrong....... He hadn't even seen ROTS ever! Conversation was over, my point I guess is I wish there was a term or saying one could say to determine if u REALY like SW or have just seen it and enjoyed it. Does this ever happen to anyone?

Never happened to me. All the other kids at school knows I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan because I always walk around with one of the Expanded Universe books (I know, geeky, huh?) but none of them are actual, real, genuine, hardcore Star Wars fans. Me and a friend of mine who watched TPM in 3D had a brief (like 30 seconds) discussion of how cool it'll be if we had the Force.
And that was pretty much it. They all obviously know who Darth Vader is but...um... yeah, that's it. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

1337Jedi wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, there's no secret exam you have pass to be a Star Wars fan. Instead seeing this as a downer, try to introduce him to the EU or watch ROTS. Just feed his addiction little by little...Evil or Very Mad

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's fun to do at bookstores. I convinced a guy to buy the Thrawn Trilogy and the first Tales of the Jedi omnibus, because I saw him looking at Legacy of the Force: Betrayal and was all "have you read the rest? That is a good story, but I recommend starting with the basics. This trilogy here is where it all started."

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:15 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Haha, he probably thought you were a plainclothes salesman working for the bookstore. You should get a commission. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Haha, he probably thought you were a plainclothes salesman working for the bookstore. You should get a commission. Wink

lol actually I was upfront about it. Told him I own every Star Wars novel and a good portion of the comics, and that it was something I knew very well.

I'm of the mind that LOTF and FOTJ are not the best spots to jump in if you know nothing of the EU, so I provided a bit of assistance lol.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Well my gripe of the day:
The internet was down the whole day!!! See there was this huge storm yesterday night, and apparently a tree had fallen on the cables. This sucks!! This is also why I don't have any idea what you guys are talking about, since I was stuck without my salvation (for those of you who haven't noticed it's the net)!! Other then that it was a great day!
Very Happy
Oh and PS: I found out that in this one store at our mall they sell R2D2 Memory Sticks (flash drives)!!! I am dying and yearning to buy one, but we're going to Egypt in December (long story short, I love Egypt. I'm very excited) so I'm saving up. Still.....I reallllllly want one. Luckily Christmas isn't THAT far away!
R2 Slide

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

My sister. *sigh*

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Whoever decided that just leaving a cable plugged into the guitar 'in' port on a pedal, with no guitar plugged in, amp off and pedal off, and yet still the battery drains is good product design can go and shove their design up their rear end. I now can't play my guitar until tomorrow because I need my distortion pedal and I have no 9V batteries. Evil or Very Mad
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:18 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

They put chocolate in my caramel frappuccino again. Evil or Very Mad

Continue to Good Thing of the Day for the rest of the story.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hmm I really don't know if this is "Good Thing of the Day" or "Gripe of the Day"? Anyway I just finished watching Apollo 18 and man! That has got to be the scariest movie I've EVER seen!
My step sister watched like less than five minutes of it and she said it sent a chill up her spine! I later moved into her room with my laptop to watch the rest of the movie!
The only thing I'll say is that I'll never look at a rock the same way ever again! Shocked

Ps:Not even Anaconda was that scary and I faint when I see one outside it's cage!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Haha, I thought it was pretty good. Moon was better. Not the same type of movie, per se, but an excellent film.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Haha, I thought it was pretty good. Moon was better. Not the same type of movie, per se, but an excellent film.

Moon blew my brain engine. That was so cool.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I heard that Moon had shots with the Earth in the sky, even though the base is on the Far Side. That pales in comparison to the scientific inaccuracies of most Hollywood films though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 169 of 200