Costumes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Costumes
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:27 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I am thinking about making a costume for Celebration Europe but can't decide who I'd want to be. I'd like to do something that I haven't seen before. Does anyone have any suggestions? Who would you like to see a costume of, or what is the best costume you have seen?

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Vader, after assuming he could defeat Obi-Wan despite not having the high ground, but before he was recovered by the Emperor?

I've never seen that one before.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Haha, now that would be impressive. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ha, but where would I hide my limbs?

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That is a rather cool idea! Best I saw at celebration was a Darth Maul (clonewars) with drywall stilts made to be his legs, looked amazing

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Proudfoot wrote:
Ha, but where would I hide my limbs?

Well, I'm thinking that, since your character would not have legs, he would need to move around in a wheelchair of sorts (since you probably don't want to spend Celebration Europe in one place). Your legs can therefore be tucked under the chair, with some sort of blanket covering them at the knees.

Your arm is more difficult. Tucking it behind your back, or under another blanket would be one idea, keeping the elbow (stump) visible. You would then use some kind of costume over your other arm to be the surviving robot arm.

I would be more worried about how you would replicate the "burned alive" look. But I know nothing of makeup, and only a bit about costumes.

I'm probably going to a fundraiser costume party the weekend before Halloween. Last year I was the Weighted Companion Cube. Nobody got it. This year, I'm looking for a helmet that I can turn into a Magneto helmet, but that's dependent on finding the helmet.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

1337Jedi wrote:
That is a rather cool idea! Best I saw at celebration was a Darth Maul (clonewars) with drywall stilts made to be his legs, looked amazing

I got a couple pictures of that guy... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You were the Weighted Companion Cube?! Sir, you have just risen several notches on the awesome scale. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
You were the Weighted Companion Cube?! Sir, you have just risen several notches on the awesome scale. Cool

Why, thank you, madame Smile I found a roughly cubic box, cut the top off (it would be the bottom and merely open). I cut a whole in the now-top's middle for my head, and two armholes in the sides. I then covered the whole thing in tin-foil. I cut out corner pieces and center circles out of white bristol board, and cut four hearts out of pink bristol board, and taped them all up. The last step was trimming the foil and bristol board that covered the head and armholes, and taped up the edges so it wouldn't fray. So uncomfortable, but worth being the biggest nerd at the party.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote  

You could also dress up as the Dark Jedi Maw, either pre or post loss of lower limbs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 1