Isn't it really hard to be mad at Jacen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

FatalFist wrote:
wow...must be lucky having 2 sisters who are both SW fans=p...'thats my StormTrooper go get urs=p'.....and ur like the oldest I guess....

Afraid I'm alone in my house. Razz

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:05 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, I would be the oldest. And it is awesome! I actually have someone to discuss things with. Where in years past (before they saw the light) I had to talk to my wall. And let me tell you, it's not a good conversationalist. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Yep, I would be the oldest. And it is awesome! I actually have someone to discuss things with. Where in years past (before they saw the light) I had to talk to my wall. And let me tell you, it's not a good conversationalist. Smile

But it doesn't disagree or tell you things you don't want to hear! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:00 am Reply with quote  

I guess it is hard to be mad at Jacen when we're talking to walls... Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm also alone in my family, ,Judicar.
Not Checkers, eh? What should I call your other sister?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Sadly none of my brothers or sister hav seen the light=c...Yeah my older bro does read the books...but..lol,he stil hasnt finished the whole Yuuzhan Vong escapade.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Many of my freinds make fun of me for liking Star Wars, lol. Its all in good fun though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Besides coming on here and talking about it, all my family and friends have to listen to me talk about it anyway Smile What annoys me is although they aren't fans, they do tend to pick on the things I say more repetitively. I was once playing my brother in Star Wars Trivial pursuit and the question my brother got to win was "Who was in charge at Hoth for the Rebels" or something along those lines. When he said Rieekan, I swore I'd never talk to him about SW again....that lasted a whole three seconds Laughing

This thread's about Jacen though, right? Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Aush wrote:
What annoys me is although they aren't fans

Ahh i know the feeling. In fact I tried getting my freind into Star Wars. I made him watch every movie, took him to the Clone Wars, currently making him watch the series on tv too. Even made him watch the Holiday Special, though i dont know if that did more harm then good.....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Um, probably more harm...Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It's funny, my son isn't a big fan of StarWars, but I got into an animated discussion of the premier of Clone Wars with one of my co-worker's son. And he's 6 years old! Embarassed But it's still fun when my son and I get into a lightsaber duel in the toystore...I usaually lose! Laughing I'm glad that my son and I can at least play some SW games together. As for my wife...she absolutely loathes all things SW. All attempts at turning her to the "dork-side" have failed. I am currently contemplating using Sith Lightning, or even something even more sinister... Sith Tickling! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Haha. I didnt realise how many kids were into star wars until i starting teaching some guitar (hobby not job). These kids are really into it telling me all about Obi wan and Yoda. Puts a smile on my face. At least until i find out that they didnt practice their music.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote  

Silly Sith Lighting should do the trick Jedipoodoo Very Happy

Now, steering this topic back to Jacen. Just because he's dead, doesn't mean he can't have a legacy. So what would you all like to see that legacy be?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think it will be with Allana. She's going to learn more details on what her father did and may be haunted by it. This scenario reminds me of Anakin Solo who tried so hard to bring good to the name Anakin; maybe Allana (although not named Jacen Smile) will try hard to bring good back to Jacen.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:57 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

BUt wat if Allana actually thinks that Jacen had a pure heart and that the Jedis shud've helped him through it rather than abandon him(condemn him)
__________Im talking abt the time when he was chasing down the Correlians in Coruscant...plus Allana might think that As Luke managed to get his father back on track she couldve done the same had she been older...and that Mara truly never had any right to go after Jacen(It was Allanas right or maybe Leias)=---i know Mara had every right as Ben was in danger BUT thats the way Allana might think--And sometimes me too...had MAra told Luke abt Jacen and Lumiya---Ben wouldn't have been in any trouble
________________________---
Imagine Allana trying to reach wat Jacen was trying to...but she does it in a way that no one innocent gets hurt--the Jedi Council condemns her,because she dusnt exactly believe in the dark side---ok someone shut me up im ranting agn.....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 3