You know you're a Star Wars fan when...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

When you see a shop named 'Auerbach' and read it as 'Aurebesh'.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

There is a restaurant named the Cantina across from where I work, never been there/ no idea what they serve, but i love it!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I am so there. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

When you watch a TV show you have no interest in just to see Denis Lawson. Come on, it's Wedge! With a Scottish accent!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:05 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Life Is The Path wrote:
When you watch a TV show you have no interest in just to see Denis Lawson. Come on, it's Wedge! With a Scottish accent!

The most disappointing thing I've ever read was the insider interview with Denis Lawson. He doesn't seem to have the slightest fondness for Star Wars or his character. I thought at least he would have been pleased that Wedge went on to be a big part of the comics and novels, I felt like he really couldn't care less.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^That's sad. How can he not love SW? He's Wedge and his nephew is Obi-Wan!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:52 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It is sad, I guess its the same as Harrison not even wanting to hear the name Han Solo in a interview.

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

1337Jedi wrote:
It is sad, I guess its the same as Harrison not even wanting to hear the name Han Solo in a interview.

What! Shocked
Harrison, Harrison, Harrison what happened? Sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:30 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think he has fond memories of George. Besides, he's devoted his heart to Indiana. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Alec Guinness wasn't too fond of being associated with his role of Obi-Wan either. I guess no one appreciates being part of a cult classic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
Alec Guinness wasn't too fond of being associated with his role of Obi-Wan either. I guess no one appreciates being part of a cult classic.

People don't like being typecast. Actors like these have massive careers spanning decades, and we only remember them for the biggest things they've done.

I remember Leonard Nimoy writing that autobiography "I Am Not Spock", which told of all the other things he did. Then he got wise, realized that about 98% of his money and fame and recognition came from Star Trek, and wrote the follow-up autobiography "I Am Spock", where he talked Star Trek.

This spawned a great joke on The Simpson's, where The Comic Book Guy bought Nimoy's three books: I Am Not Spock, I Am Spock, and I Am Also Scotty.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:

People don't like being typecast. Actors like these have massive careers spanning decades, and we only remember them for the biggest things they've done.

I remember Leonard Nimoy writing that autobiography "I Am Not Spock", which told of all the other things he did. Then he got wise, realized that about 98% of his money and fame and recognition came from Star Trek, and wrote the follow-up autobiography "I Am Spock", where he talked Star Trek.

This spawned a great joke on The Simpson's, where The Comic Book Guy bought Nimoy's three books: I Am Not Spock, I Am Spock, and I Am Also Scotty.

Aaaaand now I have to go re-watch that episode

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I can understand the type cast thing, it's the biggest challenge an actor can be faced with. Same goes for music one hit wonders I assume. Bottom line is I belive actors should take a page out of Hamil's book and appreciate being loved for something!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I agree. They have to realize that a lot of their fame came from these hit roles, and this is how the world knows who they are in the first place. It kind of comes with the job description.

Edit: It really depends on the actor, though. On a given day, I may think of Harrison Ford as Han Solo, or I may think of Indiana Jones. Ewan MacGregor may make me think Obi-Wan, but I also like The Island, so I might think of Lincoln. Leonard Nemoy, though...yeah, Spock. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think Leonard Nimoy is a special case though, because he has been playing the role of Spock for almost 50 years now. Harrison Ford hasn't been Han Solo since 1983.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 63 of 67