The Politics Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

-

A classic - http://youtu.be/BGL4PTkTOQw

-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'm going to set you a challenge, Autobon. You often concentrate on the failures of the democrats - and quite rightly, that's fair - but very rarely report the failures of the republicans. This is wrong. You cannot just point at the other side and go 'ha! You're not so great after all'. You have to also look at yourself, at your own side, and challenge those ideals and beliefs, too, and see if they hold up to the same standard. So your challenge is to highlight all the lies, the gaffes, of the republicans, as well as democrats. Here's a freebie in comical form:

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intel/2012/07/03/03-romney-healthcare-infographic.o.jpg/a_560x375.jpg

http://assets3.bigthink.com/system/tinymce_assets/49/original/venn1.png?1348088792

http://mittvennandnow.tumblr.com/
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

Last edited by Life Is The Path on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:50 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

That math does not work lol.

On a side note, I understand Jon Stewart is debating Bill O'Reilly this weekend. http://www.therumble2012.com/index.html

Should be fun. Both are really good debaters, if on opposite ends of the spectrum.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
I'm going to set you a challenge, Autobon. You often concentrate on the failures of the democrats - and quite rightly, that's fair - but very rarely report the failures of the republicans. This is wrong. You cannot just point at the other side and go 'ha! You're not so great after all'. You have to also look at yourself, at your own side, and challenge those ideals and beliefs, too, and see if they hold up to the same standard. So your challenge is to highlight all the lies, the gaffes, of the republicans, as well as democrats. Here's a freebie in comical form:

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intel/2012/07/03/03-romney-healthcare-infographic.o.jpg/a_560x375.jpg

http://assets3.bigthink.com/system/tinymce_assets/49/original/venn1.png?1348088792

http://mittvennandnow.tumblr.com/

Baaahahahahahaha that's classic! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

-

I found this interesting political quiz - I scored a 87% for Romney, 84% for Gary Johnson, and a 6% for Obama.

Life Is The Path wrote:
I'm going to set you a challenge, Autobon. So your challenge is to highlight all the lies, the gaffes, of the republicans, as well as democrats.

I am very aware of the various problems that Republicans are responsible for, but I fail to see the point of your challenge. We have one month left in an election season and I think the incumbent administration's beliefs and policies are some of the most dangerous in American history.

Did you also give this challenge to all your liberal friends? Wink

-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Autobon wrote:
I found this interesting political quiz - I scored a 87% for Romney, 84% for Gary Johnson, and a 6% for Obama.

Gary Johnson - 95%
Mitt Romney - 65%
Barack Obama - 47%

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mitt Romney: 91%
Gary Johnson: 79%
Barack Obama: 36%

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Heh, I'm not American and mostly apathetic towards politics, but I'll give it a try...

Candidates:

Barack Obama 78%
Jill Stein 74%
Mitt Romney 67%

Parties:

Green 75%
Democrats 74%
Republican 68%

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Candidates:

Mitt Romney: 80%
Gary Johnson: 69%
Barack Obama: 67%

Parties:

Republican: 76%
Democrat: 64%
Libertarian: 60%
Green: 58%

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, yeah:

Republican: 96%
Democrat: 31%

Ha.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I didn't check my party comparisons... As if they really matter. Razz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Autobon wrote:
-

Life Is The Path wrote:
I'm going to set you a challenge, Autobon. So your challenge is to highlight all the lies, the gaffes, of the republicans, as well as democrats.

I am very aware of the various problems that Republicans are responsible for, but I fail to see the point of your challenge. We have one month left in an election season and I think the incumbent administration's beliefs and policies are some of the most dangerous in American history.

Did you also give this challenge to all your liberal friends? Wink

-

I set you, specifically, this challenge because I'd noticed that you - chiefly, you, there are others but you're the main perpetrator - have a tendency to post mocking, almost gleeful attacks on the democrats, yet ignore the failings of your own party. And as I firmly believe that you should take care of your own garden before looking at another's, I think this is quite wrong, childish and pointless. It's my hope that in your accepting of this challenge, you'll look more closely at your own party, instead of merely attacking the democrats.

I didn't set this challenge to my liberal friends, for the reason stated above, but if they want, they're welcome to.

EDIT: 64% Barack Obama on science and immigration issues
62% Jill Stein on science and healthcare issues
44% Gary Johnson no major issues
18% Rocky Anderson no major issues
5% Mitt Romney no major issues
56% American Voters on science, foreign policy, domestic policy, environmental, and social issues.

74% Democrat
65% Green
5% Libertarian
5% Republican
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote  

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Season's Greetings

Hahaha, that is terrible. Very Happy

Fortunately, only about 10% of PBS funding comes from the Government, but don't tell Obama that - it might ruin his debate distraction! Kind of sad that the Sesame Street remark is an actual talking point for Democrats. Can we say, "sore losers?"

-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
Fortunately, only about 10% of PBS funding comes from the Government, but don't tell Obama that - it might ruin his debate distraction! Kind of sad that the Sesame Street remark is an actual talking point for Democrats. Can we say, "sore losers?"

See, the "sore Losers" remark is exactly what Life is referring. It's derogatory and unnecessary to any response you make. In fact, if you're trying to sway Undecideds, it counter productive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 30 of 40