Your Favorite Wizard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Master Skid wrote:
Cerrinea wrote:
Not having ever joined the Boy Scouts (being the wrong gender), idk what you're talking about.

You my dear need an education in music Wink

Gimme a break. I've lived so long now I can't possibly remember everything I've learned. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Master Skid wrote:
Cerrinea wrote:
Not having ever joined the Boy Scouts (being the wrong gender), idk what you're talking about.

You my dear need an education in music Wink

This makes Slipknot sound like the Beatles or something.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think my answer would be Gandalf. 50% because he is awesome! 50% because he is the only one I know. Embarassed Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well if Wizard of Oz (fake wizard) is acceptable, I'm voting Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"That wizard's just a crazy old man."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:07 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

JainaSolo wrote:
I think my answer would be Gandalf. 50% because he is awesome! 50% because he is the only one I know. Embarassed Wink

Agreed. I'm not a huge LOTR fan, but he was pretty awesome.

Also, I like referring to movie characters by the names of the characters that actor played before. So LOTR wizards are fun. I like the scene where Magneto fights Count Dooku.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Taral-DLOS wrote:
JainaSolo wrote:

Also, I like referring to movie characters by the names of the characters that actor played before. So LOTR wizards are fun. I like the scene where Magneto fights Count Dooku.

I like the scene where Will Turner surfs down the stairs on a shield.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
JainaSolo wrote:

I only recently watched the movie and is now reading like the speed of light to finish the second book so I can watch the next one! Smile
I have this strange policy that if there's a movie that I want to watch but I also know there's a book written about it I try to read the book before I watch the movie. I don't know why, I'm a bookworm so if I watch the movie before I read the book I feel...oh, I don't know...sort of guilty... Embarassed

Ps: I really wonder how a fight between Magneto and Count Dooku will go off. Hmm, who do you suppose will win? I'm betting on Magneto Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:07 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

JainaSolo wrote:

I only recently watched the movie and is now reading like the speed of light to finish the second book so I can watch the next one! Smile
I have this strange policy that if there's a movie that I want to watch but I also know there's a book written about it I try to read the book before I watch the movie. I don't know why, I'm a bookworm so if I watch the movie before I read the book I feel...oh, I don't know...sort of guilty... Embarassed

Agreed. My big thing is that the visual aspects of the movie (character appearances, for example) can taint the book-reading for me.

JainaSolo wrote:
Ps: I really wonder how a fight between Magneto and Count Dooku will go off. Hmm, who do you suppose will win? I'm betting on Magneto Wink

1. Magneto controls metal telekinetically, and so would be able to stop the lightsaber.
2. Electricity and magnetism are one in the same, so he would be able to dissipate Force Lightning.
3. Magneto's helmet would deflect Force Mind Trick, much like it deflect's psychics.

Magneto FTW.

Plus the fact that Dooku is seeking to exterminate the Jedi, and Magneto is extremely passionate about violently defending people who are being exterminated (being an Auschwitz victim).
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:

1. Magneto controls metal telekinetically, and so would be able to stop the lightsaber.
2. Electricity and magnetism are one in the same, so he would be able to dissipate Force Lightning.
3. Magneto's helmet would deflect Force Mind Trick, much like it deflect's psychics.

Maybe Dooku can just throw him around with the Force until Magneto is worn out? It worked pretty good in Lord of the Rings! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

But Count Dooku is actually Count Dracula. He's a jedi AND a wizard And a vampire. I'm pretty sure he wins everything.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
But Count Dooku is actually Count Dracula. He's a jedi AND a wizard And a vampire. I'm pretty sure he wins everything.

If we throw in the Dracula reference, then he has no power at all in the sun. Magneto wins.

Magneto always wins.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Magneto is overrated. There, I said it. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Magneto is overrated. There, I said it. Wink

Check yourself before Magneto comes after you Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I'm still here. Magneto has failed to silence me. I win.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not a big fan of Magneto but looking at all the things he can do... Yep, I'd bet my money on him. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 4 of 4