worst films ever made
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

JainaSolo wrote:
Darth Bane wrote:
I would have to say Star Wars: The Clone Wars

I didn't even bother watching it because it looked so stupid and got really bad ratings. I was also being kind of spiteful. My opinion would be that the only reason GL made that film was because he saw that the TV show was a great success and he thought: "Hey, another movie...more franchise...more MONEY!"
I don't even like the Clone Wars and mainly because Anakin and Obi-Wan and all the other characters wasn't even voice by the real actors.
Yeah, that kinda ticked me off a bit. Evil or Very Mad

Well, TCW movie came out before the tv series (unless you're talking about the old series which isn't even made by the same people). Some of the characters are voiced by the original actors. Good luck getting actors like Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman to voice a weekly animated series. Besides, JAT does a great job. TCW is responsible for bringing in a new generation of young fans, and without fans, there's no more new Star Wars at all.

Question: so if you didn't watch it, how do you know it's stupid?

So I can think of a bazillion movies worse than TCW. Like just about every scifi movie made prior to Star Wars in 1977. Okay some are classics -- like The Day the Earth Stood Still -- but most are just total dreck.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
...like The Day the Earth Stood Still...

Now there's a good candidate for this thread... (The 2008 remake, not the original!)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There are a lot of awful sci-fi movies, but its more lately. Things like The Omega Man or the original couple of Planet of the Apes films are so great.

Just rewatched the 2009 movie 9. Its not one of the worst films ever, but definitely one of the best concepts to ever be mishandled. The 20 minute short from 2005? great. The full length movie? Lazily voice-acted, thing plot, over-reached its bounds.An amazing, thought provoking concept give lip service and a lovely visual set.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Almost everything available on Netflix, save for a few. Mad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Question: so if you didn't watch it, how do you know it's stupid?

I watched like one episode and told myself: "Never again!" Evil or Very Mad
I don't know I guess TCW actually ruined the whole look of Star Wars for me (especially the fact that Anakin got a Padawan! I NEVER liked Ashoka to begin with.) I mean it started it was a mature movie trilogy with action and good dialogue but now Star Wars is considered "babyish" because of TCW TV show with mild violence and characters that are supposed to amuse children.
When I was on the train a few months ago, two third-graders were sitting behind me, talking about Star Wars. The one actually said to the other in amazement: "Your mom let's you watch the grown-up Star Wars?! Isn't that that supposed to be X-rated?" Then they went on rambling about how cool all the new episodes are and how Yoda is their favorite character and all that.
See what I mean? Star Wars is now mainly targeted at children and as I read in the Jar Jar Binks thread that GL doesn't give a damn about the EU and his more mature fans who supported him from day 1! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Um, well idk how one series aimed at a general audience (which was ANH's movie rating, btw) constitutes GL not caring about the adult audience. There are still new adult books coming out -- Scoundrels, Crucible and the Sword of the Jedi trilogy to name a few. Those are definitely not for kids. I don't see a problem with having something for everyone. New blood for franchise is a good thing.

Still, I think basing dislike for a 5 year series on one single episode is a bit of a precipitous judgement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow okay. I can totally see your point there. But one of my life motto's is: "You've seen one you've seen 'em all" and most of the time it had proven true with various books and other TV shows. So obviously I made general assumptions there but I really don't want to waste my time watching a TV show I'm not going to enjoy.
I still think TCW movie was a waste of time. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Um, well idk how one series aimed at a general audience (which was ANH's movie rating, btw) constitutes GL not caring about the adult audience. There are still new adult books coming out -- Scoundrels, Crucible and the Sword of the Jedi trilogy to name a few. Those are definitely not for kids. I don't see a problem with having something for everyone. New blood for franchise is a good thing.

Still, I think basing dislike for a 5 year series on one single episode is a bit of a precipitous judgement.

I only agree with you to a point, but the series as a whole has only caused insane problems and further shown that Lucas cares nothing for his fans, just the revenue they bring in. Plus there's Mortis and Jar Jar episodes and those don't help my opinion of the show on top of the continuity issues. There are very good episodes, but over-all the show has been nothing but frustrating to me and many like me and indeed I got nothing from it but annoyance so I'm ditching it as of this year. I think people should watch more than one episode before judging, but awful things from the show have had long-lasting effects on the books for adults so I can see how this general audiences program has caused problems blanketing SW.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My problem is not so much that TCW is a kid's show, but that it doesn't know what it wants to be. One week we get a kiddy epsiode about sharing and caring and the next we get an intense episode with violence that dwarfs any violence seen in the OT. And then back to the kiddy episode next week. There's no sense of direction or gradual maturation.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Last edited by Reepicheep on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

1. Where the wild things are

2. Cowboys and Aliens

End of Discussion. Period.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I actually really liked Where the Wild Things Are. I'm partial to loss of innocence/childhood stories and I really liked the music, characters, dialogue etc.

I didn't love Cowboys and Aliens by an means, but I enjoyed it as a fun, popcorn movie.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Cowboys and Aliens bored me to tears. I was so disappointed.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:07 am Reply with quote  

I like Cowboys and Aliens.

One movie I was thinking about the other day that I was really disappointed with was Public Enemies. Christian Bale + Johnny Depp, I thought it would be great. Instead, it was awful. Not even worth a rewatch.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Bane wrote:
1. Where the wild things are

2. Cowboys and Aliens

End of Discussion. Period.

I HATED Where the Wild Things Are!!! Evil or Very Mad
The whole movie was just disappointing. I LOVED the book when I was young and the movie ruined my entire idea of the story.
Oh yeah. And the costumes just didn't do it for me. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

OOh. How did I not know about this thread? here's my top crappers.

Unknown.

This is a movie with Liam Neison that is the exact same plot as the Bourne Identity. Spoiler Alert. What a terrible twist.

House of the Dead.

A movie based on game was nothing but shooting zombies and mutants in a haunted house. Instead this movie takes place in a graveyard and is incredibly boring, then incredibly bad and cheesy.

Ultra-violet.

I don't know why this movie sucked so bad, I must have repressed it from my memory. But I know that I hate it.

Salt

Angelina Jolie is a spy with terrible acting and terrible dialogue who reveals in new plot twists every ten minutes that she is actually a pentuple agent. I think this one involves amnesia too.

Wanted

Probably the single worst movie I've ever seen and could not finish it. Another crappy Angelina movie. This woman has an Oscar, wtf?

Robin Hood (2010)

Boring. Another movie that I did not finish watching. Someone must have slapped Ridley Scott and told him to stop putting Russel Crowe in everything.

Alone In the Dark

Another stinker from the director of House of The Dead. When I went to see this movie I was about ten minutes late. I had no idea what was going on and then 15 minutes later the movie ended. I realized I was in the wrong theater. I went to the right theater, now 15 minutes late and discovered I still had no idea what was going on in this movie, but this time the feeling lasted for an hour and 15 minutes.

Transformers

No it's not just that everything is terrible about this movie. That's Ok, I didn't expect much. While watching this movie I hated John Turturro. That is unforgivable.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 7 of 9