Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, thanks! I'll definitely submit that. Haven't gotten a chance to try out the patch yet. Will see tonight, perhaps.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You guys heard it here first, but EUC might be putting together a Guild to play in TOR in and other games. If you'd like to join us and be aware of when it does start, go to this Steam page and ask to join: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/EUCantina#

We're hoping to play TOR, mostly, and would love for experienced players to join in and help newcomers (and older, yet forgetful ones!)

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:35 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'll be there! Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote  

I checked and it says "membership by invite only" and I don't see any way to send a message to the group as a non-member. I can PM you my Steam name if you want but I'd rather not post it publically.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote  

Ok so it looks like the Steam group is unlocked and no longer by invite only for those of you who want to join.

Also a patch was released last night that is supposed to fix the lag spikes so many people had since last week's patch.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Happy day! Of course I won't be able to play tonight...Sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote  

Just hit level 50! I'm excited as now I can get involved in some of the things like Ops and hard mode FP. As an aside now that I no longer earn XP for leveling does that mean I can no longer gain Legacy XP on my level 50 too?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Just hit level 50! I'm excited as now I can get involved in some of the things like Ops and hard mode FP. As an aside now that I no longer earn XP for leveling does that mean I can no longer gain Legacy XP on my level 50 too?

You keep gaining Legacy XP.

I hit Level 50 a little while ago, but I haven't been playing that much recently (traveling, not really at the computer).

The most important thing is your Dailies. Pick up the quests on the Fleet for Belsavis, Ilum, and "The Black Hole" area of Corellia. These are your daily L50 quests. Do them all and you can earn like 225,000 credits a day. It's nice Smile
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Congratz, Salaris! I'm trying...didn't get to play at all last week. Sad

Hopefully soon!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Some idiots rage-booted me from a game last night.

I was playing my Level 50 Sith Warrior (Juggernaut). I used the GroupFinder to join a random Hard Mode Flashpoint (Directive 7). I had played that one before, but I'm still new to being Level 50.

I screwed up during a boss fight, but my mistake was pointed out to me and I fixed it. But then the game bugged, and we couldn't win. So we decided to use "/stuck" (which, if you're not stuck, kills you instantly). We respawned outside the boss area, and on our way back, I accidentally triggered some enemies and got myself killed. One guy on the team decided that was the last straw and booted me from the game.

For the record, you're not supposed to do that. You use that function for when people either screw around on purpose or leave the game, not make one mistake. And you never do it just because someone is new.

So I blocked the player who kicked me out, so I'll never have to play with him again.

That's the problem with MMOs. You play them on the internet, and the internet is where many idiots live.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:55 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

TOR seemed to go absolutely haywire tonight. I got on to put in my precious hour or two I can occasionally commit, but nothing worked. I couldn't Quick Travel, several of my abilities did nothing, and I could not receive any items, no matter what they were for or who they were from. And it seemed everyone, at least on Voss, was experiencing this.

Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon, but that was disappointing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote  

For those of you who have not yet heard: F2P has been annoinced as coming November 15.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
For those of you who have not yet heard: F2P has been annoinced as coming November 15.

I'm keeping my subscription, at least for the near-term. Some of the stuff you can buy with Cartel Coins look pretty cool.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote  

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Salaris Vorn wrote:

I'm keeping my subscription, at least for the near-term. Some of the stuff you can buy with Cartel Coins look pretty cool.

Yeah I'm going to keep my subscription too, at least until I see the prices of all the stuff if you go F2P.

I might use my CC rewards to purchase account wide unlocks so I can drop the subscription during the school semester when I have less time to play. But again it depends on what account wide unlocks cost in comparison to the cost of a semester long (2-3 months) subscription would cost. They seemed to put quite a lot of restrictions on F2P so I'll just wait and see whether buying the unlocks would actually be cheaper than a subscription.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:
Salaris Vorn wrote:

Yeah I'm going to keep my subscription too, at least until I see the prices of all the stuff if you go F2P.

I might use my CC rewards to purchase account wide unlocks so I can drop the subscription during the school semester when I have less time to play. But again it depends on what account wide unlocks cost in comparison to the cost of a semester long (2-3 months) subscription would cost. They seemed to put quite a lot of restrictions on F2P so I'll just wait and see whether buying the unlocks would actually be cheaper than a subscription.

What unlocks are you referring to? I thought that if you went F2P, then you used Cartel Coins to buy weekly passes, not account-wide unlocks. Maybe I missed something though.

Page 33 of 38