Starkiller - Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Now it appears that all of starkiller's involvement in forming the new rebellion is not going to be considered cannon. Don't quote me I only read it on wookiepedia, yet to check it in my essential guide, but now they are saying in the guide that the clonewars story arc going in season 5 right now is going to be the true beginnings.... I have to read alittle more into this does anyone know more details about possibly making TFU non cannon?!?

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

TFU I and II are in the Essential Reader's Companion. To quote the ERC:

"The surprising tale and concept for the game received personal approval from George Lucas, but it does not occupy a higher standard of canon than any other Expanded Universe lore. That is, it still exists outside the movies and television series produced by Lucas and would be subordinate to mythology revealed in those media. Lucas's alternate explanations for the Rebel Alliance appear in season five of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, which takes precedence over Starkiller's involvement."

That's a verbatim quote. Hope that answers your question.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ yup that does it! Good response, I haven't made it that deep into the text book size beauty that the ERC is.

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I find that interesting because of what it possibly foreshadows regarding TCW. I mean if the beginnings of the Rebel Alliance are happening this season, something's definitely going down.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Cerrinea wrote:
"...received personal approval from George Lucas, but it does not occupy a higher standard of canon than any other Expanded Universe lore..."

Meh. That is all. Neutral

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I loved the games, haven't made it to the books yet, but still I knew this would happen the story while awesome just didn't feel like it should be the start of such an enormously big event. Not saying the CW will nail it either but lets see what they got

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I personally am happy about it. Bringing Starkiller and Vader into the creation of the Rebel Alliance was one of the worst moves I can remember when it comes to that era of Star Wars. Plus the deleted scenes of the Revenge of the Sith show the many of the players feeling each other out when they realize how much power The Emperor had taken.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 5 of 5