Episode 1:"Ambush" and 2:"Rising Malevolence&
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
Episode 1:"Ambush" and 2:"Rising Malevolence&
 PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quote  

The first two episodes of the series...

Ambush: Premiers October 3 on Cartoon Network at 9:00 PM (E/P). "Jedi Master Yoda and three clone troopers must face off against Count Dooku's dreaded assassin Asajj Ventress and her massive droid army to prove the Jedi are strong enough to protect a strategic planet and forge a treaty for the Republic." -starwars.com

Rising Malevolence: Premiers October 3 on Cartoon Network at 9:30 PM (E/P). "The Jedi face a devastating new Separatist weapon that's in the hands of General Grievous. An attack by an unimaginably destructive weapon aboard a mysterious warship leaves Jedi Master Plo Koon and his clone troopers struggling to survive until Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano can find them. They discover that the ship is piloted by Grievous himself." -starwars.com
Debuts include Jedi Master Plo Koon, General Grievous and his warship, the Malevolence, Anakin Skywalker, and Ahsoka. The episode will also reveal a connection between Plo Koon and Ahsoka.

Source: www.starwars.com
Articles: http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/20081001news.html
http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news20080929.html

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

sooo, who was nice and recorded this for me Razz
because we won't get it here for another week ><

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah star wars and oct. baseball - who could ask for more?

Now that I have seen the movie and gotten some 'perspective' the series is pretty good - certainly geared towards kids but that is fine by me. Its early in the series so I am not going to try and over analyze it.

So far so good! And Plo Koon was very cool, I hope we see more of him. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It was very, very good-- espescially because I just realized last night I have Cartoon Network HD. The stories for both episodes were good, the dialogue wasn't half bad, the action ruled, and I really think the news-reel style entry with a quote works very well.

I'm looking into getting a new I-pod nano so I can watch my favorites on the go.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:28 am Reply with quote  

They'll come on again Sunday evening at 8:00 pm (9:00pm est) in case you missed them. (like me)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
It was very, very good-- espescially because I just realized last night I have Cartoon Network HD.

Lucky!

Quote:
The stories for both episodes were good, the dialogue wasn't half bad, the action ruled, and I really think the news-reel style entry with a quote works very well.

Agreed - it helped that I only counted one 'artooie' and one 'snips'. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well when they called Plo Koon "Plo" it sounded really weird, but i got used to it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quote  

I liked both episodes. Both Yoda and Plo Koon were very well done. I especially like how Yoda is more like the OT version (dialog wise). And I can manage the over the top battle droid humor as long as I tell myself this is not cannon, but added merely for entertainment value.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

But it's not entertaining!

*ahem*

Anyway, I got to watch it tonight! Can't wait to see what I think. Specially since I never saw the movie. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ambush was awesome! Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Ambush was my favorite of the two, mostly because of the clones. And yoda kicked some serious butt. I'm always a fan of Yoda kicking butt.

Malevolence was Ok. Not enough action, in my opinion. And when they revealed the superweapon to be an ion cannon, I was really dissapointed. Sure, it's huge. But it's just an ion cannon. Those have been around forever.

Question: I didn't think that normal clones could survive vacuum. Yet we see them idly sitting on the top of the pod, talking to plo koon. What's up with that?
________
Suzuki gsx-r750 history

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote  

Two notes about the ion cannon. One: it seemed very powerful in that it could render ships useless with just one shot. Normally capital ships exchange ion slavos rather than just one shot. Two: it was also an area effect weapon. It was able to take out Plo Koons entire taskforce with one shot. I think he had three Venators.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi_Christopher wrote:
Question: I didn't think that normal clones could survive vacuum. Yet we see them idly sitting on the top of the pod, talking to plo koon. What's up with that?

I think they said they could handle it for only a short while. I could be wrong though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Agree with Jedi Christopher, I do. Much awesomeness, the little green one has! Wink As for Rising Malevolence, it was a good indicator that not all the episodes have to be a quick, half hour weekly fix. It's always good when not all the problems during the Clone Wars look so effortless. Although too many of those protracted stories could start grating on the nerves.. Confused

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Both episodes were okay. I thought the action with Yoda was great, although his dialogue, although reflecting of the OT, doesn't entirely match up with his character of this era (plus, he was being humorous as he tried to try Luke's patience). The only time I can recall Yoda being "real" humorous was with the younglings and I'm sure the clones aren't younglings...well, not biologically but age wise Wink

Now, the ion cannon being an ion canon was weak for me (like Jedi_Christopher). Yes, it was bigger but the revelation that it was an ion canon was a downer. Now, if they had called it the Super Ship Disruptor or something, then I would probably be all over it as being very cool (although it's still an ion canon, whether it shuts everything off in an instant without a volley exchange). What's in a name anyway? Everything

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 2