Kenobi by John Jackson Miller
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Every time I log on and see this post I re say "yesssssssssss!" this is the story I have wanted since I've seen the OT all those years ago. Miller is the man and I'm glad he gets to spread his wings alittle with a novel, been loving his comics this year but waiting for this jump.

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi, JJM has done novels: Knight Errant and the LTOTS stories.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Oh I know I loved Night Errant, I mean just a break from the short comic arcs of this year

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think it would be neat if this book was slower-paced. Less action and more contemplation.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Definitely looking forward to this.

A long time coming, and will definitely be interesting.

The "Western" style should be an interesting twist on things.

THe preview art had better be the cover. Its awesome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
...part romance?

I'm still excited for this, but Miller's writing in the comics hasn't been too awesome lately so I'm cautious.

Have you been reading LTOTS, Spiral? That story shows how exciting and wtf it can get even though the characters are stuck on a planet.

Yeah, I saw the romance thing too. I always said Obi-Wan was a player, and he does have a lot of time on his hands on Tatooine. Very Happy

I've been reading it, but I'm not super thrown to the wind with it. Its ok, but I'll wait for the arc to conclude before I write it off. I'm not uber impressed so far.

With the romance thing...ya, I kinda get it, but doesn't the greatest of the Jedi adhere to the most obvious of their teachings (no calling girls in Mos Eisley for drinks Obi...)? It just seems really out of character for him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Cerrinea wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
...part romance?

I'm still excited for this, but Miller's writing in the comics hasn't been too awesome lately so I'm cautious.

Have you been reading LTOTS, Spiral? That story shows how exciting and wtf it can get even though the characters are stuck on a planet.

Yeah, I saw the romance thing too. I always said Obi-Wan was a player, and he does have a lot of time on his hands on Tatooine. Very Happy

I've been reading it, but I'm not super thrown to the wind with it. Its ok, but I'll wait for the arc to conclude before I write it off. I'm not uber impressed so far.

With the romance thing...ya, I kinda get it, but doesn't the greatest of the Jedi adhere to the most obvious of their teachings (no calling girls in Mos Eisley for drinks Obi...)? It just seems really out of character for him.

I think it might actually be interesting for us to see Obi-Wan in love. I mean, Jedi or not, there comes a time in your life when you meet that boy/girl who's The One. You can't avoid it and like they said he must learn to forget Obi-Wan and start living as Ben.

I think he's gonna fall in love with a girl but his Jedi ways will forbid him, that's why he wants to forget Obi-Wan and his Jedi life and start living as Ben with this girl.
Or something like that.
That's just my suspicions but we'll just have to wait and see when the book comes out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:21 am Reply with quote  

Maybe it starts off with Obi-Wan wanting to establish his cover. Then he falls in love...and it ends tragically. "How Obi-Wan fell in love with Kabe."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm slightly worried about this book. The entire point of him going to Tatooine was to lay low so he could watch Luke. For some reason, I think this book will be doing things that are the opposite of laying low. Which would work except for the fact Vader and the new Empire would be watching very closely for any sign of Jedi at this point and likely have a huge bounty for them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Maybe it starts off with Obi-Wan wanting to establish his cover. Then he falls in love...and it ends tragically. "How Obi-Wan fell in love with Kabe."

That is just not right... Confused

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

JainaSolo wrote:
I think it might actually be interesting for us to see Obi-Wan in love. I mean, Jedi or not, there comes a time in your life when you meet that boy/girl who's The One.

And thus, Mara Jade was born. Razz

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
JainaSolo wrote:
I think it might actually be interesting for us to see Obi-Wan in love. I mean, Jedi or not, there comes a time in your life when you meet that boy/girl who's The One.

Oh man, if they do that I'd be torn between pissed off and ROFLing.

@Jaina: You really need to read more of the EU Very Happy. We've actually seen Obi-Wan in love like 3-4 times now. The guy is such a player.

Taria Damsin
Siri Tachi
Satine
Cerisi

I'm kind of hoping Ventress shows up on Tatooine. They're perfect for each other.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
JainaSolo wrote:

Strangely...I would be OK with this.

Cerrinea wrote:
Dancelittleewok wrote:
JainaSolo wrote:

Oh man, if they do that I'd be torn between pissed off and ROFLing.

@Jaina: You really need to read more of the EU Very Happy. We've actually seen Obi-Wan in love like 3-4 times now. The guy is such a player.

Taria Damsin
Siri Tachi
Satine
Cerisi

I'm kind of hoping Ventress shows up on Tatooine. They're perfect for each other.

This is one of the few times that I've seen a reference I've not gotten. Who is Cerisi?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:

Cerrinea wrote:

Obi-Wan + Asajj Ventress = Mara Jade

You though the PT made the Universe too small? You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Razz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The blurb doesn't specifically say that it is Obi-Wan who is in love. It could be anyone.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 8