Random Movie Musings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 186, 187, 188  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Looper is the best film I've seen all year.

See Dredd.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:30 am Reply with quote  

Saw Seven Psychopaths and loved it. Smart, witty, and fun. It's has Colin Farrell as a struggling screen writing whose surrounded by psychopaths and writing a movie about psychopaths. It's a colorful movie that has laughs as well as some serious moments. Kinda like a Tarantino movie in it's style. Tremendous performances by Christopher Walken and Sam Rockwell and great performances by Woody Harrelson and Tom Waits.

I'm on the fence about Looper. Is it really worth seeing in the theater? The trailer didn't really grab me but I do like Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm split on Dredd and looper! This thread was helping to seal the deal with Dredd but now........... think i will just decide when I get there

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Best film I saw in theaters this year was Empire Strikes Back... Thanks CVI! Razz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't like JGL. I guess just because everyone is gaga over him lately and I didn't like him in TDR, felt like they just put him in there because he was in inception.

Cube is good though, and so is hypercube from a quantum mechanics perspective, and I like anything about 4th dimensional space, which is almost never done in movies and could be really cool.

I also really like time travel stories, but most of the movies aren't very good. Looper sounds kind of stupid because right off the bat you know that it's going to be about closed time loops which is a lazy mechanic in writing and in science to not have to breach the problems of causality in time travel.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
I just saw Transformers: RotF in IMAX, and I am blown away.

Great plot, good actions, mind-blowing graphics... The only things I have against it is that they introduced WAY too much new characters, and the old characters were almost non-existent, and they got a little bit too carried away in some parts with the language and sexual humor, but it was about as much as the first one, maybe a tad bit more.

Overall, I give it about a 8/10, a definite go-see.

Saw this early in the thread... What the hell was I smoking?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:
I just saw Transformers: RotF in IMAX, and I am blown away.

Great plot, good actions, mind-blowing graphics... The only things I have against it is that they introduced WAY too much new characters, and the old characters were almost non-existent, and they got a little bit too carried away in some parts with the language and sexual humor, but it was about as much as the first one, maybe a tad bit more.

Overall, I give it about a 8/10, a definite go-see.

Saw this early in the thread... What the hell was I smoking?

Probably some good stuff if that was your take on it lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Had a Ewan MacGregor marathon on Friday. And, as previously discussed, by a marathon I simply mean two movies. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, which was actually a very cute and fluffy film I quite enjoyed. And The Ghost Writer, an excellent political thriller. Both marvelous performances by Ewan MacGregor, as always. I recommend both films. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:

Well it was the 4th of July, and who knows what people put in their fireworks down here... Laughing

But seriously, that's why I'll usually wait a day or two after I see a movie until I review it. I gotta let my mind fall back to Earth again, Confused

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

Well it was the 4th of July, and who knows what people put in their fireworks down here... Laughing

But seriously, that's why I'll usually wait a day or two after I see a movie until I review it. I gotta let my mind fall back to Earth again, Confused

Haha ya, I usually have to do that to, but I'm exceedingly picky so sometimes my gut instinct is right on the money. That one though...ugh...I can't stand it lol.

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Had a Ewan MacGregor marathon on Friday. And, as previously discussed, by a marathon I simply mean two movies. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, which was actually a very cute and fluffy film I quite enjoyed. And The Ghost Writer, an excellent political thriller. Both marvelous performances by Ewan MacGregor, as always. I recommend both films.

Gotta see Trainspotting dear, its his best work Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Haha ya, I usually have to do that to, but I'm exceedingly picky so sometimes my gut instinct is right on the money. That one though...ugh...I can't stand it lol.

Yeah, I definitely wasn't impressed when I saw it again on DVD lol...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

Yeah, I definitely wasn't impressed when I saw it again on DVD lol...

To be honest...I wasn't super impressed with the third one either...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Had a Ewan MacGregor marathon on Friday. And, as previously discussed, by a marathon I simply mean two movies. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, which was actually a very cute and fluffy film I quite enjoyed. And The Ghost Writer, an excellent political thriller. Both marvelous performances by Ewan MacGregor, as always. I recommend both films. Smile

I've seen Ghost Writer, but not Salmon Fishing yet.

Mara, have you ever seen Little Voice? It's a much earlier Ewan movie, but it's one of my favorites.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:28 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Cerrinea wrote:

I've seen Ghost Writer, but not Salmon Fishing yet.

Mara, have you ever seen Little Voice? It's a much earlier Ewan movie, but it's one of my favorites.

Salmon fishing was a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm sorry, you did an Ewan MacGregor marathon and didn't include Moulin Rouge?

*tsktsk* Razz

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 137 of 188