5:Rookies / 6: Downfall of a Droid
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
5:Rookies / 6: Downfall of a Droid
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quote  

Episode 5: Rookies
Airs: Friday 10/24 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P, Saturday 10/26 at 8:30 PM Central, 9:30 PM E/P, and again on Wed November 5 at 7:30 PM and Friday Nov 7 at 8:30 PM
Summary: The episode finds a group of clones standing guard alone on a distant listening outpost. Clone Commander Cody and Captain Rex must inspire their rookie unit to believe in themselves to stave off a Droid Commando invasion.

Episode 6: Downfall of a Droid
Airs: Friday 11/7 at 9:00 PM and 10:30 PM Central, Saturday 11/9 at 9:30 PM Central, Wed 11/12 at 7:30 PM.
Summary: After secrets of the Jedi Knights are downloaded into R2-D2, he gets lost. Now it's up to Anakin to find him before the Separatists get a hold of him.

Discuss episodes 5 and 6.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:59 am; edited 8 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

uh....... episode 5 is the one that got everyone excited? Cant wait to see Rex and everything, but the whole "you have to believe in yourself" thing is a little cheesy. I could be totally wrong though, in which case i will be the first to admit it.

However episode 6 is one a am really looking forward too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well...being the Clone lover that I am, I'm completely psyched about Episode 5. I think the whole idea of getting a Clone unit to believe in itself is awesome! Too often (save for Traviss) they're treated simply as droids that obey commands. This is another way to make them more human, show that they are vulnerable to fear and such.

Love it. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I was actually sent a really nice clip from Rookies, which can be seen here. I, too, am looking forward to both.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, it looks good! I still haven't watched the second episode yet, though. Believe it or not, I can barely find time to sit down for 20-25 minutes to watch the blasted show! Hopefully tonight.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:46 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Rookies was amazing-- I loved it! However, there won't be an episode next week, as Cartoon Network is having a Halloween marathon or something.

I enjoyed no Jedi, all clones. It makes it feel...real, kinda. Those Droid Commandos were just plain cool.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Autobon wrote:
I could be totally wrong though, in which case i will be the first to admit it.

I was so wrong, this episode was my favorite by far. Cant wait to see more like this.

Question for the room ......
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:03 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Does anyone get the feeling that the show is kinda moving toward more of an adult feel??? Case in point - when the commando troopers entered the facility and took down the Sgt.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Gotta admit, great show!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I really like the feel of the show this time, it achieved the perfect balance of adult, yet kid feel to it.

The other shows never really had me worried about the republic, I knew they were never going to die or lose, this show really changed that.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote  

Have to respect the violence level be notched up in this one. Really reflects the war...makes if feel like a war...rather than just some Jedi adventure. Looking forward to seeing more episodes focusing on people other than the Jedi.

Also, I updated the air date for the next episode. Looks like it'll be on a Tuesday. Also note that there's been some rearranging. The next episode will be "Downfall of a Droid." "The Lair of General Grievous" has been moved down the line to episode 9 now.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Have to respect the violence level be notched up in this one. Really reflects the war...makes if feel like a war...rather than just some Jedi adventure. Looking forward to seeing more episodes focusing on people other than the Jedi.

Indeed; it's something I was expecting, but I still went "woah" when I heard hell used a few times. I liked how it made it feel like war, as DS said. While the Jedi aren't super-heroes, they do have a lightsaber and the force with them, something the clones don't. It really makes you think about what Yoda said in the first episode about using your minds when fighting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Makes you think the first episode was a big bridge to filling in the upcoming stories with the clones and such Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I totally agree, because i felt really bad for the clones in "Rookies"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I finally got to see "Rookies", and I must say, if they were aiming this at kids, it taught them a harsh and graphic lesson about war. If they were aiming this at teenie boppers(I hate that expression Mad ), it must have been pretty cool in their eyes. For the older fans, myself in particular, it must have been a small nod to fans of the Republic Commando novels. I wonder what Karen Traviss thought of this episode? Although the rantings of Grevious were pretty insulting to my intelligence. If the base were between Kamino and him and he was trying to destroy it to get to Kamino, well, duh! I can connect the dots as well as any 5 year old! But other than that it was a good episode.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:45 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

rookies was pretty awesome, i must admit. finally got to watch it this morning once they put it online (i can never remember what time it's on, and they're on sunday here...)
but, yeah, it was pretty epic, and the commando droids were great! i knew we'd be seeing more of them after republic commando! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 2