What did you think of Anakin Skywalker's character?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I personally think too much time was spent on Anakin and Padme's relationship and some of that time could have been diverted to making Anakin and Obi-Wan's friendship stronger. And I say that as someone who likes Anakin/Padme fine.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I quite agree; I would have loved to have seen more Anakin/Obi Wan interplay between them. I do think, though, that Ep III had just enough scenes to highlight the bond between them. The post-Dooku fight scene, the lift rides, the scene of Obi Wan's departure come to mind. Though, certainly, it would have been nicer to have had more of that in AOTC. But as it is, I'm okay with it. Mostly.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:11 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Well I can go on for ages about Anakin. I'm not an expert in movies or anything, and I am not that kind of Star Wars fan who knows everything about Star Wars, so I'll just give you my honest opinion. I love Anakin, from the beginning till end.
Let's start with the little boy. "Are you an angel?" that line got me. It was so sweet! But I do agree that it wasn't a very good start when he bragged about being the first human in Podraces. Anyway I like the little boy Annie for the fact that he was very determined, and that the fact that he was a child didn't set him back. He lived one hundred percent. It was a brave decision of him to leave his mother for training to be a Jedi, but that only shows how strong a mind he had! Anakin in AOTC, well I liked him well enough, but his rebelling wasn't very good for a Jedi. Then we skip ahead to ROTS. I loved the scenes on Mustafar, and even though it was sad I loved the scene where he strangled Padme. His love for her killed her. It was filled with emotion for me, and I think it was really sad that Anakin had to burn half to death. But hey, that had to happen or the whole DV thing wouldn't have happened. In the end of ROTS, when the newly formed DV yells "noooooooo!" when he finds out Padme is gone just shows that he still cared for her.
I think that to sum DV up, he was just very misunderstood. He had turned evil for a good cause. He loved Padme so much that it led him to the Dark Side. That is truly sad, but all in all I loved Anakin and DV, one yet two completely different characters.
<3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 2 of 2