The Politics Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I just read this article on Cracked. It's messed up.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-craziest-scientific-theories-posed-by-u.s.-politicians/

At this point, I don't care which party comes to power in your country. Just please put people with actual scientific knowledge in charge of science committees.

Please? That's all I ask. Is it too much?
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, that Todd Akin thing did cause a sh*t storm over here in the States. The guy is obviously a total idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It would have been funny except for his complete disrespect for God or the Bible. Not to say that he should believe in them, but he treats them as so incredibly ludicrous that it's hard to read what he's saying, considering I do believe in God and the Bible.

But that aside, I do agree that people who have no scientific training/experience should not be in charge of these committees. They just make themselves, and those with similar beliefs, sound ridiculous.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

-

Given the obsession with Honey Boo Boo around here, I thought you might all like to know that she has official endorsed Obama! Anyone still undecided Razz?

Also, I cannot believe - well actually I can, given that its Crowley we are talking about - that the debate moderator let Obama get away on Libya. For over a week after the Libyan embassy attack, Obama and his administration hammered away at the lie that it was a video on YouTube that caused a protest to get out of hand. A lie that all the major news stations called him out on when it was figured out that our intelligence agencies testified having never said anything of the sort - adding that there was never even a protest. It was all made up; completely. Yet the administration decided to run with that fictitious story instead of the truth that they ignored and denied repeated requests for extra security.

Fast forward to the debate- Romney accidently used the word "terror" and Obama just happened to mention it in one sentence during a speech, and Crowley went on the attack and tried to derail Romney. It was such an absurd defense of Obama, that Crowley even had to acknowledge Romney's whole point was correct during the debate! And after the debate she further clarified that Romney was completely right, though she became fixated on one single pointless word to make a completely false assertion. It was the most scandalous thing I have ever witnessed during such a debate - ever.

Obama and Romney polled evenly on the debate as a whole, with Romney crushing Obama in areas of most importance this election cycle:

CNN poll
Economy: Romney wins 58-40% (CBS poll: 65-34%).
Health care: Romney wins 49-46%.
Taxes: Romney wins 51-44%.
Deficit: Romney wins 49-36%.
Strong leader: Romney wins 49-46%.

-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Taral-DLOS wrote:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-craziest-scientific-theories-posed-by-u.s.-politicians/

At this point, I don't care which party comes to power in your country. Just please put people with actual scientific knowledge in charge of science committees.

Shocked That's quite disturbing. I agree with all points, except one - which the pedant in me needs to clarify: If I remember correctly, there were seven pairs of clean animals and 2 of unclean. This may have changed from bible to bible, though.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote  

In the debate last night, there was one clear topic that I'm glad they discussed. Someone asked what they would do about people owning AK-47's. Obama said he was for an assault rifle ban, and Mitt said he was against it. Nice, clear cut answer on their positions. I liked that.

Edit.

Just saw this. Well played. http://www.romneytaxplan.com/

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:

Shocked That's quite disturbing. I agree with all points, except one - which the pedant in me needs to clarify: If I remember correctly, there were seven pairs of clean animals and 2 of unclean. This may have changed from bible to bible, though.

That is correct. 7 and 2.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

-

Jimmy Kimmel gets people's opinion on the debate... before it even happened. Most people say Obama won, haha Laughing http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9UrOmhH2PeI

-

Last edited by Autobon on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote  

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

-

Why am I reading about Romney and binders all over the news? He simply said, "binders full of women." So he forgot one word - "resumes" - and this is what the democrats are reduced too? This is news? Maybe that is why Romney is now up by seven points in the Gallup poll. Americans do not want to vote for a party with no plan; a party that goes insane over the most petty things conceivable.

As Obama himself once said, "If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things. " I agree Mr. President. Wink

EDIT: Lol, Skuldren

-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, as long as were going spam with articles here's one.

http://blogs.nbc12.com/decisionvirginia/2012/10/arr.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
http://blogs.nbc12.com/decisionvirginia/2012/10/arr.html

Thank you. Another case in a long list of voter fraud. Just after we had those DNC employees get fired as well. And last month, a North Carolina project found 30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote still.

“Mainly, what we’re concerned about is the potential [for fraud],” said project director Jay DeLancy. “Since there is no voter ID law in North Carolina, anybody can walk in and claim to be anyone else.”

We seriously need to fix our system, and it amazes me how many people are unwilling - in fact vehemently opposed. It is sad that a country like Venezuela, known for its corruption, has one of the most fair voting systems in the world and we do not.

-

Last edited by Autobon on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:44 am; edited 7 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*chews popcorn* You know, debate movies aren't my favorite but this one is pretty well performed *sips on drink*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
*chews popcorn* *sips on drink*

Did you bring enough to share with everyone? Smile

By the way, with all the partisanship going on these days, it was nice to see almost all the news outlets give us a break by running the Al Smith dinner as their lead story:

Romney jokes: http://youtu.be/yBelIMrKll8
Obama jokes: http://youtu.be/S6g2YkTAYQ4

It features Romney and Obama sharing some lighthearted jokes with each other at a dinner Thursday night, and its really funny. Its good to see at the end of the day, we can still find time to get along with each other!

-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:50 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Do any of my fellow Canadians on the board remember the Robocalls incident last election?

That's what this US election needs. Robocalls.

For those who don't know: in the last Canadian federal election, there were thousands of cases, on the parts of at least the two main parties, where automated systems called homes to inform them of where they should vote, but gave the wrong information. Some of it was accidental, some was actual fraud. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocall_scandal

In other news: Obama was on The Daily Show last night. I was actually impressed. Jon Stewart asked some fairly interesting questions and wasn't just pandering to his audience. Things like acknowledging that Romney did have some fair points, and that maybe there were some things he could've done better on (it wasn't far from his default position, but it was more neutral than what it could've been).
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 37 of 40