Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Some imbecile at work went into our server racks cleared marked "do not patch any cables without permission from IT" and messed around with the cabling and configuration on one of the switches. Cue the internet connection in our System Test lab going down. Me and a colleague have spent the entire day tracing metres upon metres of cable, reconfiguring the switch and running between server rooms and the lab because we have no idea exactly where the cable change took place. Still not fixed so will have to do the same tomorrow. Not happy Evil or Very Mad
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's not just a gripe. That falls into "heads should roll over this" category

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Problem is, the server room in question is accessed by most of our engineers as well as IT as they have equipment in there too. There's less important stuff in there compared to our bigger one elsewhere in the building. Finding out who did it is impossible Evil or Very Mad
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My co-workers son died in motorcycle accident three days ago. The boy would turn 20 yesterday. I'm going to his funeral today.

Such a tragic, pointless, stupid loss of a young life. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GreekGirl wrote:
Me and my what seems now ex-best friend had a fight. I had said something hurt full to her because I had an awful day, and I did apologize. Now she talks to everyone except for me. I don't hurt anymore ....I just don't like fighting.... Crying or Very sad Sad

I'm sure everything will turn out fine, these things usually do. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote  

Sorry to hear that Hogy. Hope his parents are able to get through it. That's a terrible thing to have to go through.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sorry to hear about that Hogy Sad

Compared to that this seems insignificant (in pretty much every way) but The Walking Dead comic, as of today, continues its spiral down the drain into pointlessness. The tv show is still great, so why does the blasted comic have to get shorted on story. Especially for those of us who loved it when it was incredible.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

My gripe: new comic books came out today, but I can't pick them up until Friday!

I want to read my issues of Star Wars: Agent of the Empire #6: Hard Targets #1 and Captain Marvel #5 NOW!
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
My gripe: new comic books came out today, but I can't pick them up until Friday!

I want to read my issues of Star Wars: Agent of the Empire #6: Hard Targets #1 and Captain Marvel #5 NOW!

Same, but I get paid Friday so I'm gonna be patient. The only one I'm super excited to read is Before Watchmen: Minutemen because its been freaking incredible. But the new Agent of the Empire issue looks intriguing, I'll be picking it up. If its great it'll go on the list.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:45 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Caedus_16 wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:

Same, but I get paid Friday so I'm gonna be patient. The only one I'm super excited to read is Before Watchmen: Minutemen because its been freaking incredible. But the new Agent of the Empire issue looks intriguing, I'll be picking it up. If its great it'll go on the list.

I haven't been picking up the Before Watchmen books. I listen to a podcast (IGN Assemble!) that reviews all the big books each week, and they really like some of the Before Watchmen books (Comedian, possibly Rorschach) but hate some of the other ones (Nite Owl, possibly Silk Spectre).

I'm only recently starting to buy non-Star Wars comics in general. I've been buying the new Captain Marvel series (I've always loved Carol Danvers) and I've preordered a few of the Marvel NOW titles. Good times.

But still, not until this Saturday. *sigh*
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Finally accepted a job today. A decent one to be fair, but my career break is over as of Monday.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Last night I watched the most tragic love story in the history of tragic love stories and cried because of the stupid end! When the words "The End" appeared on the screen I was like: "They can leave it like this! They just can't!" Crying or Very sad
Oh, why does Scarlett O'Hara have to be such a heartless, selfish, whiny, money-loving, alcoholic ninny! Evil or Very Mad

Also, my other gripe seems inferior to these above but I stood up at six o' clock this morning to feed the dog. I knew I wasn't going to sleep again so I went to the bathroom, splashed my face with cold water and got my night shirt all wet up front! Sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:24 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Just got another email from Amazon saying my Essential Readers Companion has been delayed again until the first week of November. Absolutely fuming Evil or Very Mad
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Luke92 wrote:
Just got another email from Amazon saying my Essential Readers Companion has been delayed again until the first week of November. Absolutely fuming Evil or Very Mad

Same.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I met a nice girl today, gorgeous. She was hanging out at my work while her family looked at cars. So her and I had a lovely conversation, she was intelligent and funny but I kept getting a slight immature vibe from her. Then she asked what grade I was in. About 30 seconds later I discovered she was 14.

Holy crap, I just plain refuse to have a daughter. I needed a shower as soon as I got home to wash that whole experience off of me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 173 of 194