Random Movie Musings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 184, 185, 186  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:28 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

@Caedus: I've checked into Trainspotting, but we watch our movies with the language and sexual content edited, and...I don't believe there would be much of a movie left. Wink

@Cerrinea: I have not! Thanks for the recommendation. And if you occasionally enjoy fluffy films, you should definitely see Salmon Fishing. Smile

@Taral: It is on my list to see, but unfortunately I have not yet obtained it. Working on it!

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
@Caedus: I've checked into Trainspotting, but we watch our movies with the language and sexual content edited, and...I don't believe there would be much of a movie left. Wink

Makes sense lol Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Trainspotting, oh yes, absolutely check it out. One of my favorite films period. Directed by Danny Boyle

Moulin Rouge, another absolute favorite. Baz Luhrmann, another favorite director. Anyone seen Strictly Ballroom?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

MJS, you should watch Big Fish for Ewan.

Ok, so I finally watched Cabin In the Woods...

I don't have anything bad to say about it, really. Joss Whedon movies just are not for me.

I felt like the concept was better than the execution. It's definitely a movie that should be watched among a group of horror fans because the conversations you could have about it's ideas have the potential to be longer lasting and more entertaining than what was on the screen, and in a maybe unconventional way that does make for a really successful movie... if you are so inclined.

If you aren't the type to dissect movies and just like to be entertained for ninety minutes, I'm not sure how you will like it. Probably will, it seems to be favorable for those types too.

If that came off as condescending, it was not meant to be a criticism, a movie that isn't about themes and is just centered in the onscreen narrative is perfectly valid and doesn't mean that it's not a good movie. just an observation that people will like different movies for different reasons.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Saw the 4-disc collectors edition of Prometheus at Target today. I was really tempted to get it...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:12 am Reply with quote  

I liked Cabin In the Woods. It wasn't like it was the greatest movie of the year, but when all the monsters were let loose, it was pretty entertaining.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Jedi Joe wrote:
Saw the 4-disc collectors edition of Prometheus at Target today. I was really tempted to get it...

Was Lawrence of Arabia included in the set? Wink

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:

Ha! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:

Laughing

No, but the 3D Blu-Ray is... I'd get it just for that, and I don't even have a 3DTV! (Or any HD for that matter Razz )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just watched a movie called The Last Legion. If you're into the Arthurian legend this is a good movie to catch.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

It stars Ben Kingsley, Colin Firth and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, the actress from Bride and Prejudice.

If you haven't seen Bride and Prejudice, it's a fun movie and a good intro to Bollywood movies.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I've read the book, but I wasn't a big fan. It was going great until they went to Britannia. I'm picky about my Arthur stories Razz . Bride And Prejudice was pretty good, though. I'm a fan of Bollywood, I love the dancing, but sometimes it does go over the top. BAP is well moderated so it's not as out there (nor as long) as other Bollywood movies.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Iron Man 3 Trailer

Okay, that was pretty awesome! I hope it doesn't end up sucking...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I will be there. That is all. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Jedi Joe wrote:
Iron Man 3 Trailer

Okay, that was pretty awesome! I hope it doesn't end up sucking...

Well, it has to be better than Iron Man 2.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Just watched a movie called The Last Legion. If you're into the Arthurian legend this is a good movie to catch.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

It stars Ben Kingsley, Colin Firth and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, the actress from Bride and Prejudice.

If you haven't seen Bride and Prejudice, it's a fun movie and a good intro to Bollywood movies.

I bought The Last Legion several years ago. A really good movie. Haven't read the book though. I have to say my favorite part of the whole movie was at the end when Romulus asks Aurelius "Have I released you from your oath?"; Aurelius shakes his head no and Romulus replies, "Then live, Aurelius Antonius." And, of course, Aurelius calling Romulus "Son of a dragon."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 138 of 186