(Jedi Expedition) Character Posting/Approval Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:43 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

That's an interesting story. I was thinking more like Manaan had been left pretty much alone since the Old Republic, and was just now becoming a military target. The planet becomes a battleground for Imperial and New Republic mercenaries. And also I think there should be more than one above-water city by now. It's been what, 4,000 years? You'd think they'd build more.
________
Honda Mt250

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote  

More than one above city sounds alright (maybe not space ports though and make them accessed only by boats), I think we should stay with there being one main space port (the original city from KOTOR). We could even say that the original areas of the city are now the slum/underworld areas.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quote  

Actually I got all that from Wookieepedia...but with the fall of the Empire, it's possible they might have built new cities. I would imagine they would have a lot of resources going in to clearing out all the mines the Empire saturated the planet with.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:50 am Reply with quote  

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Actually I got all that from Wookieepedia...but with the fall of the Empire, it's possible they might have built new cities. I would imagine they would have a lot of resources going in to clearing out all the mines the Empire saturated the planet with.

all the mines could potentially be a motivation to move cities above water. The mines probably make it very difficult to get between underwater cities so maybe they moved some above water so as not to get isolated.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Ok. So what is the objective? Sure, we're going to be "preparing the battlegroung
," but we need a pretty clear-cut objective so the RPG is endable. So here's my idea:

The planet is ruled by a court of twelve or so Selkath leaders. Three of the leaders want to join Thrawn's empire. Nine want to join the Republic. The planet is protected by a large floating fortresse that boasts planet-to-space ion guns and turbolasers that would wreck havoc against any invading force. Our job is to go in and quietly assasinate the nine Republic-leaning Selkath leaders, who live on different floating cities, then go and take down the fortress so the Empire can take possesion of the planet.
________
Chevrolet Lakewood Specifications

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ooh, like bounty hunters. Sounds like smashing good fun.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:58 am Reply with quote  

I'm liking this idea. It also provides for some moral dilemma possibilities. I'm wondering how all our commandos will feel about being assassins...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:20 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

So, how are we going to split the characters up into teams? I guess each of our main characters should take one or two NPC's with them. More than that would be suspiceous.
________
ASATRU (NORSE PAGANISM) FORUMS

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quote  

we might want to say 1 or 3 NPCs, that way it would be either one element or one flight (sticking with the method we've broken up units so far). Story wise it probably makes sense since our characters would probably find it akward to be broken into a "unit" that doesn't conform to the normal method our group organizes forces.

I think we should try to establish what each unit will be doing (or if they will all be doing the same task and just approaching the problem from different angles). That way each of us can form a squad based on required skills for the mission (we can open the mission by having each player announce who will be going with them and not bother with that detail right now).

Just an aside but do we want to consider having a medic unit (perhaps part of the command unit)? Our characters would probably assume some injuries may occur so they would want to consider how medical attention will be handled (do we bring a field medic unit, each unit brings their own medic or we rely on the planet's medical facilities). If we plan on each squad remaining in contact with the entire group a field medic unit is an option; if each squad works without contact (overall better for the mission in case one group is captured at the cost of having no reinforcements) then they either need a medic (requiring a larger squad size) or reliant on local medical facilities for serious injury (in which case they risk capture and/or death).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:36 am Reply with quote  

I actually have a member of my squad who has medical expertise. Thus if I formed a 3 man team, I'd put him on it to cover my group. But if we designate a medical team, then I could assign him to that group.

Since there are nine targets, another question would be whether we want nine strike teams? It would probably be in our best interests to try and take them all out as quickly as possible. Since we have so many commandos, we need to decide just how big and complex of an operation this will be. Will we need to do some prep work before we carry out the attack? Will the attack take place all in one day? Do we try to make any look accidental? Can we take out more than one target by catching any clustered together?

Here's my possible team: Saul, Jen'ri Volkhan (Bones 3, male Anx, medic), Dek (Blood 4, male Morseerian, slicer)

If we needed another team I could use my characters Bannick Kruai (Blood 1), Frender Tuultof (Skull 2, male Ryn), and Ariel Skannis (Bones 2).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Yes. Lots of prep work. Organizing the mission, finding a place to hide our fleet while we're away on Manaan, getting transport to manaan, scouting the planet. And then assasinating the leaders and taking out the fortress. Assasinations and the fortress attack should take a week at the most. We dont want this to be over too quickley.

My team will be our communications officer Jace Kadara and the ship's captain, Tistell. I'll most likely be doing assasinations and reconasiance work. Then Aden and Tistell can be part of the fortress assault team while Jace cordinates communication for our forces.
________
SWED

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quote  

I'll go with infiltration and sabotage. I'll take Zak Bendall (my slicer), not sure who will be the other member of the team.

We can work on getting into systems/secure facilities and then doing whatever sabotage needs to be done (or stealing equipment if needed for the operation).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

We should really get the new one underway, because I (like I'm sure many others) have nothing more to say in the first one.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:54 am Reply with quote  

Good point. What, if anything, do we want to cover in the existing thread in order to wrap it up?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I never thought about it, but do the Skar'kla's have homes or do they just live at a base or something. Maybe we could wrap it up with our characters heading to either/or.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 3 of 37